some BAD...

Online music exchange.
sirrogerhunt
Corner Soul
Posts: 2
Joined: 24 Feb 2017, 10:35pm

Re: some BAD...

Post by sirrogerhunt » 25 Feb 2017, 11:08am

Adamski... yeah, now I remember him. Maybe Seal popped up for a single number at the end of the act. Thanks. Would love to see video from that night, last gig I ever saw in the UK before I emigrated.

oliver
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: some BAD...

Post by oliver » 28 Feb 2017, 5:15pm

sirrogerhunt wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 11:08am
Adamski... yeah, now I remember him. Maybe Seal popped up for a single number at the end of the act. Thanks. Would love to see video from that night, last gig I ever saw in the UK before I emigrated.
This is going to be a really useless post but someone somewhere has some professionally shot stuff from one of those nights. I remember seeing footage on TV of part of one song (there's tinsel around the mic stand) - I always wished the rest was available.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 25655
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: some BAD...

Post by Heston » 28 Feb 2017, 8:45pm

oliver wrote:
28 Feb 2017, 5:15pm
sirrogerhunt wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 11:08am
Adamski... yeah, now I remember him. Maybe Seal popped up for a single number at the end of the act. Thanks. Would love to see video from that night, last gig I ever saw in the UK before I emigrated.
This is going to be a really useless post but someone somewhere has some professionally shot stuff from one of those nights. I remember seeing footage on TV of part of one song (there's tinsel around the mic stand) - I always wished the rest was available.
James Brown, I think.
Hi Tom Thank you from losing

River
Junco Partner
Posts: 407
Joined: 19 May 2011, 4:23pm

Re: some BAD...

Post by River » 01 Mar 2017, 1:49am

Heston wrote:
28 Feb 2017, 8:45pm
oliver wrote:
28 Feb 2017, 5:15pm
sirrogerhunt wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 11:08am
Adamski... yeah, now I remember him. Maybe Seal popped up for a single number at the end of the act. Thanks. Would love to see video from that night, last gig I ever saw in the UK before I emigrated.
This is going to be a really useless post but someone somewhere has some professionally shot stuff from one of those nights. I remember seeing footage on TV of part of one song (there's tinsel around the mic stand) - I always wished the rest was available.
James Brown, I think.
Yup, heres the film for James Brown.


coffeepotman
Junco Partner
Posts: 378
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: some BAD...

Post by coffeepotman » 01 Mar 2017, 8:58am

Now this just made my day! If only we had a whole show

bazarboy75
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1407
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:31pm

Re: some BAD...

Post by bazarboy75 » 01 Mar 2017, 9:39am

coffeepotman wrote:
01 Mar 2017, 8:58am
Now this just made my day! If only we had a whole show
Yes a whole 89 show could be really really cool
Some new INDIEGROUND tracks

https://soundcloud.com/indieground

Some old tracks
http://soundcloud.com/bazarboy

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 25655
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: some BAD...

Post by Heston » 01 Mar 2017, 10:07am

I remember watching this performance of JB as it went out. I can't remember the name of the show but it was on Channel 4. Unfortunately it was the only song broadcast.
Hi Tom Thank you from losing

oliver
Bang Ice Geezer
Posts: 206
Joined: 27 Jun 2008, 11:55am

Re: some BAD...

Post by oliver » 01 Mar 2017, 3:21pm

Heston wrote:
01 Mar 2017, 10:07am
I remember watching this performance of JB as it went out. I can't remember the name of the show but it was on Channel 4. Unfortunately it was the only song broadcast.
SNUB TV
(my memory is not that good, it says right at the end of the clip :) )
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

bazarboy75
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1407
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:31pm

Re: some BAD...

Post by bazarboy75 » 01 Mar 2017, 3:56pm

In France the French tv show Rapido cover it too
Some new INDIEGROUND tracks

https://soundcloud.com/indieground

Some old tracks
http://soundcloud.com/bazarboy

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1465
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: some BAD...

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 30 Apr 2017, 9:59pm

Subterania was the final gigs for the original band before the break-up.

Chairman Ralph
Junco Partner
Posts: 476
Joined: 20 Mar 2009, 10:59pm

Re: some BAD...

Post by Chairman Ralph » 30 Apr 2017, 11:58pm

Subterania was the final gigs for the original band before the break-up.
Yup, I went to two of those gigs -- there were four, as I recall -- and both were terrific. I remember going down there to get my tickets, and I was a couple pounds shy, and that was literally digging out every pound coin and other piece of loose change that I had...the guy looked at it, shrugged, and he took it all off me, and said, "Have a great time." Interesting venue and vibe there, too.

TeddyB Not Logged In
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1465
Joined: 06 Feb 2009, 8:42pm

Re: some BAD...

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In » 02 May 2017, 3:11am

Chairman Ralph wrote:
30 Apr 2017, 11:58pm
Subterania was the final gigs for the original band before the break-up.
Yup, I went to two of those gigs -- there were four, as I recall -- and both were terrific. I remember going down there to get my tickets, and I was a couple pounds shy, and that was literally digging out every pound coin and other piece of loose change that I had...the guy looked at it, shrugged, and he took it all off me, and said, "Have a great time." Interesting venue and vibe there, too.
Cool, Ralph. Proper vibe. Under the Westway. And it wasn't free but they let you in. That's why we love these guys.

Chairman Ralph
Junco Partner
Posts: 476
Joined: 20 Mar 2009, 10:59pm

Re: some BAD...

Post by Chairman Ralph » 02 May 2017, 3:20pm

Chairman Ralph wrote: ↑30 Apr 2017, 11:58pm
Subterania was the final gigs for the original band before the break-up.
Yup, I went to two of those gigs -- there were four, as I recall -- and both were terrific. I remember going down there to get my tickets, and I was a couple pounds shy, and that was literally digging out every pound coin and other piece of loose change that I had...the guy looked at it, shrugged, and he took it all off me, and said, "Have a great time." Interesting venue and vibe there, too.

Cool, Ralph. Proper vibe. Under the Westway. And it wasn't free but they let you in. That's why we love these guys.
Yup, that's why I do, too. That story is one of many situations that made my six-month sojourn in London (1989-90) such a great experience (which I may write about, at some point, once I extricate myself from the not-so-sexy stuff I have to do, to pay my rent). I can't tell you how many weekends I spent soaking up that vibe, though, be it Camden, Ladbroke Grove, or Portobello Road.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests