some BAD...

Online music exchange.
sirrogerhunt
Corner Soul

Re: some BAD...

Post by sirrogerhunt »

Adamski... yeah, now I remember him. Maybe Seal popped up for a single number at the end of the act. Thanks. Would love to see video from that night, last gig I ever saw in the UK before I emigrated.

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

sirrogerhunt wrote:
25 Feb 2017, 11:08am
Adamski... yeah, now I remember him. Maybe Seal popped up for a single number at the end of the act. Thanks. Would love to see video from that night, last gig I ever saw in the UK before I emigrated.
This is going to be a really useless post but someone somewhere has some professionally shot stuff from one of those nights. I remember seeing footage on TV of part of one song (there's tinsel around the mic stand) - I always wished the rest was available.
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

oliver wrote:
28 Feb 2017, 5:15pm
sirrogerhunt wrote:
This is going to be a really useless post but someone somewhere has some professionally shot stuff from one of those nights. I remember seeing footage on TV of part of one song (there's tinsel around the mic stand) - I always wished the rest was available.
James Brown, I think.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Heston wrote:
28 Feb 2017, 8:45pm
oliver wrote:
28 Feb 2017, 5:15pm
sirrogerhunt wrote:
James Brown, I think.
Yup, heres the film for James Brown.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Now this just made my day! If only we had a whole show

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

coffeepotman wrote:
01 Mar 2017, 8:58am
Now this just made my day! If only we had a whole show
Yes a whole 89 show could be really really cool

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I remember watching this performance of JB as it went out. I can't remember the name of the show but it was on Channel 4. Unfortunately it was the only song broadcast.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

oliver
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by oliver »

Heston wrote:
01 Mar 2017, 10:07am
I remember watching this performance of JB as it went out. I can't remember the name of the show but it was on Channel 4. Unfortunately it was the only song broadcast.
SNUB TV
(my memory is not that good, it says right at the end of the clip :) )
Putting a little stick about. Putting the frighteners on flash little twerps

bazarboy75
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by bazarboy75 »

In France the French tv show Rapido cover it too

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Subterania was the final gigs for the original band before the break-up.

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Yup, I went to two of those gigs -- there were four, as I recall -- and both were terrific. I remember going down there to get my tickets, and I was a couple pounds shy, and that was literally digging out every pound coin and other piece of loose change that I had...the guy looked at it, shrugged, and he took it all off me, and said, "Have a great time." Interesting venue and vibe there, too.

TeddyB Not Logged In
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by TeddyB Not Logged In »

Chairman Ralph wrote:
30 Apr 2017, 11:58pm
Yup, I went to two of those gigs -- there were four, as I recall -- and both were terrific. I remember going down there to get my tickets, and I was a couple pounds shy, and that was literally digging out every pound coin and other piece of loose change that I had...the guy looked at it, shrugged, and he took it all off me, and said, "Have a great time." Interesting venue and vibe there, too.
Cool, Ralph. Proper vibe. Under the Westway. And it wasn't free but they let you in. That's why we love these guys.

Chairman Ralph
Long Time Jerk

Post by Chairman Ralph »

Chairman Ralph wrote: ↑30 Apr 2017, 11:58pm

Cool, Ralph. Proper vibe. Under the Westway. And it wasn't free but they let you in. That's why we love these guys.
Yup, that's why I do, too. That story is one of many situations that made my six-month sojourn in London (1989-90) such a great experience (which I may write about, at some point, once I extricate myself from the not-so-sexy stuff I have to do, to pay my rent). I can't tell you how many weekends I spent soaking up that vibe, though, be it Camden, Ladbroke Grove, or Portobello Road.

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

River
Long Time Jerk

Post by River »

Anyone happen to have this show? Never was able to get it.

Hammerjacks, Baltimore, USA, 25.09.89 (6/10 aud)
01. Sightsee MC
02. House arrest
03. Dragon town
04. Just play music!
05. Contact
06. Baby don’t apologise
07. Battle of all St Road
08. Hollywood Boulevard
09. The Bottom line
10. Medecine show
11. E=mc2
12. C'mon every beatbox