the tapetrading days [sigh] haiku thread

Online music exchange.
esteemantis
Bang Ice Geezer

Re: the tapetrading days [sigh] haiku thread

Post by esteemantis »

I'm assuming that some of these haiku fit 5 / 7 / 5 syllabic structure in the Japanese.
Conan: Did you like the Clash?
John: No. Isn't that good enough? No, no, no.
Conan: Oh Come on, elaborate. Why, did you guys think you were trying to do different things?
John: Well, their kind of songwriting really was just a few quotes from Karl Marx around a merry little melody.
Conan: With a driving back beat that just wouldn't quit!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

esteemantis wrote:I'm assuming that some of these haiku fit 5 / 7 / 5 syllabic structure in the Japanese.
Are you questioning people's commitment to the highest standards of construction?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

esteemantis
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by esteemantis »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
esteemantis wrote:I'm assuming that some of these haiku fit 5 / 7 / 5 syllabic structure in the Japanese.
Are you questioning people's commitment to the highest standards of construction?
yes, but also apologizing for it. haiku is a pretty high standard of contruction. mine aren't very round, but the ones you posted are pretty good.

EDIT: and Flex's was brilliant
Last edited by esteemantis on 11 Oct 2012, 12:11pm, edited 1 time in total.
Conan: Oh Come on, elaborate. Why, did you guys think you were trying to do different things?
John: Well, their kind of songwriting really was just a few quotes from Karl Marx around a merry little melody.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

esteemantis wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
yes, but also apologizing for it. haiku is a pretty high standard of contruction. mine aren't very round, but the ones you posted are pretty good.
Alright—I don't want to have to report all this to the shop steward. Inder's looking for any opportunity to break the union and turn this into an open shop.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

esteemantis
Bang Ice Geezer

Post by esteemantis »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
esteemantis wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Alright—I don't want to have to report all this to the shop steward. Inder's looking for any opportunity to break the union and turn this into an open shop.
we don't need another grievance now. a haiku's a haiku I suppose. no need to stop the line, we can just put the right bumpers on the cars in the yard. they fixed cut the crap didn't they?

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

I don't even know what haiku is or means, I just posted some rambling bollocks with 17 syllables.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
I don't even know what haiku is or means, I just posted some rambling bollocks with 17 syllables.
All great threads end with this.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia