Kory and Flex's NOFX Thread

General music discussion.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Kory and Flex's NOFX Thread

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:punk novelty act
I dunno if they've really been a novelty act since - at the latest - 2003 (I think they made a pretty big shift in '94 with Punk in Drublic, which even though it's not my fave NOFX album it's pretty obviously a fully realized, sincere musical work). Not that there's anything wrong with not liking them, or only liking them in small doses. I actively disdained them through high school and college and it was only later that a flip switched and I dug what they were doing.

Anyways, the new songs sound good. Six Years on Dope has been getting heavy play on Faction and it took me a little while to get into it, but this is pretty strong material.

Addendum: And no, Kory, still haven't read the book yet. Really gotta do it. You and Still both gave it high recc's.
I probably haven't listened to them since around 2003, actually I checked and it is earlier than that 199X I would say. In which case perhaps I'm not being fair. I never did like Mike's voice though.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
Flex wrote:
revbob wrote:punk novelty act
I dunno if they've really been a novelty act since - at the latest - 2003 (I think they made a pretty big shift in '94 with Punk in Drublic, which even though it's not my fave NOFX album it's pretty obviously a fully realized, sincere musical work). Not that there's anything wrong with not liking them, or only liking them in small doses. I actively disdained them through high school and college and it was only later that a flip switched and I dug what they were doing.

Anyways, the new songs sound good. Six Years on Dope has been getting heavy play on Faction and it took me a little while to get into it, but this is pretty strong material.

Addendum: And no, Kory, still haven't read the book yet. Really gotta do it. You and Still both gave it high recc's.
I probably haven't listened to them since around 2003, actually I checked and it is earlier than that 199X I would say. In which case perhaps I'm not being fair. I never did like Mike's voice though.
Certainly an acquired taste.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Fat Mike/NOFX makes deeply shitty comments, gets dropped from Stone Brewing sponsorship: https://pitchfork.com/news/nofx-lose-be ... -shooting/
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
31 May 2018, 2:19pm
Fat Mike/NOFX makes deeply shitty comments, gets dropped from Stone Brewing sponsorship: https://pitchfork.com/news/nofx-lose-be ... -shooting/
I suppose it had to happen sooner or later.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex, did you hear the new Live in a Dive performance of the Ribbed album in its entirety? The performance is serviceable but the sound is a little muddy. Did I sell it?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Kory wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 1:59pm
Flex, did you hear the new Live in a Dive performance of the Ribbed album in its entirety? The performance is serviceable but the sound is a little muddy. Did I sell it?
I saw it came out but haven't given it a listen yet. I've come to like Ribbed more over the last few years, so probably worth at least a listen. I hope they make fun of shooting victims on it.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Flex wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 2:18pm
Kory wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 1:59pm
I saw it came out but haven't given it a listen yet. I've come to like Ribbed more over the last few years, so probably worth at least a listen. I hope they make fun of shooting victims on it.
Nah, just themselves.