going again tonight. we'll see how much i like them sober
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Re: Rancid (2000)

Post by Flex »

edit: for some reason I thought it was Sunday. I am losing my mind.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

matedog wrote:I stole this from my friend recently (along with the Replacements and some EC)
I think of Rancid as fond memory of high-school now. I'll probably buy a new album and listen to it a couple of times. Haven't listened to a song in years.

As such, I'm more interested in your thoughts on the 'Mats?
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Bankrobber wrote: I think of Rancid as fond memory of high-school now. I'll probably buy a new album and listen to it a couple of times
Scheduled release date: Summer 2014

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Bankrobber wrote:I think of Rancid as fond memory of high-school now. I'll probably buy a new album and listen to it a couple of times. Haven't listened to a song in years.
Just buy Rancid 2000 again and save yourself a whole lot of trouble. Rancid's great, but they hit their peak at a weird, weird time.
Sit on my lap, I'm sober! - cretin
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Still216 wrote:
Bankrobber wrote:I think of Rancid as fond memory of high-school now. I'll probably buy a new album and listen to it a couple of times. Haven't listened to a song in years.
Just buy Rancid 2000 again and save yourself a whole lot of trouble. Rancid's great, but they hit their peak at a weird, weird time.
Hell no! I've already bought it and Life Won't Wait twice. but they were worth it. "Poison" was always my fave from 2000. I am getting the hankering to spin it again after reading this thread.....but I think P.I.L. is making a better case to my ears.
I'm so punk, I don't even take my leather jacket off when it catches fire. Which it does frequently, because of how fucking punk I am.

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Bankrobber wrote: Hell no! I've already bought it and Life Won't Wait twice. but they were worth it. "Poison" was always my fave from 2000. I am getting the hankering to spin it again after reading this thread.....but I think P.I.L. is making a better case to my ears.
Poison's a killer song, although Rigged On A Fix, Rattlesnake, and Meteor Of War were my favorite Rancid 2000 tracks. There wasn't a single bum track on it. I'll be the next one buying two copies of Rancid 2000 as mine is getting pretty worn out over 8 years.

What PIL are we talking about here? Happy? or earlier, I'm hoping.
Dylan can never care about anything, not a troublesome woman, not a beleagured workingman, not a fingerless glove or sleeveless jacket, as much as Andrew WK cares about partying. - Silent Majority

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Still216 wrote:
Bankrobber wrote: Hell no! I've already bought it and Life Won't Wait twice. but they were worth it. "Poison" was always my fave from 2000. I am getting the hankering to spin it again after reading this thread.....but I think P.I.L. is making a better case to my ears.
Poison's a killer song, although Rigged On A Fix, Rattlesnake, and Meteor Of War were my favorite Rancid 2000 tracks. There wasn't a single bum track on it. I'll be the next one buying two copies of Rancid 2000 as mine is getting pretty worn out over 8 years.

What PIL are we talking about here? Happy? or earlier, I'm hoping.
A smattering of tracks from First Edition and Metal Box I put on a playlist.

Flex

Post by Flex »

I actually think Let's Go is my favorite Rancid album.

Pex Lives!

Bankrobber
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by Bankrobber »

Flex wrote:I actually think Let's Go is my favorite Rancid album.
I still stand by Life Won't Wait....sorta.

that NOFX/rancid split was fun as hell.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Bankrobber wrote:that NOFX/rancid split was fun as hell.
Yeah, that one is fun as shit. I used to like the Rancid side a lot more but now my opinion has flipped. Still, great fun all the way through. Definitely the best of that split series.

Pex Lives!

Still216
Hoy Without The Hoy

Post by Still216 »

Bankrobber wrote:A smattering of tracks from First Edition and Metal Box I put on a playlist.
Nice. Actually, you can go ahead and throw on every song from both of those, they're all great.
Flex wrote:I actually think Let's Go is my favorite Rancid album.
I must have missed something on Let's Go. Half of the songs are killer and half are kinda "bleh" to me. I would rank Rancid 1993 and Rancid 2000 over it (then again, I rank Rancid 2000 over pretty much everything)

The NOFX/Rancid split CD was excellent. Rancid's Don't Call Me White and Bob were sparklers, as was NOFX's version of Antennas - maybe better than the original, and that's saying something.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

They're coming to my neck of the woods this month. I love AOCTW and half of Life Won't Wait, everything else is a bit meh. Is it worth my while going? How's the setlist?
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

How's the setlist?
Rancid: Rejected, Adina

Lets Go: Nihilism, Radio, Salvation, Tenderloin, Gunshot*, St Mary, Black and Blue*

Wolves: Maxwell Murder, The 11th Hour, Roots Radicals, Time Bomb, Olympia WA, Lock, Step, & Gone, Journey to the End of the East Bay, Ruby Soho, Old Friend, Listed MIA, The Wars End, The Way I Feel

Life Wont Wait: Bloodclot*, Hoover Street*, Who Would Have Thought, Something in the World Today

2000: It's Quite Alright, Black Derby Jacket*, Dead Bodies

Indestructible: Fall Back Down

singles: Tattoo, I Wanna Riot

Op Ivy: Knowledge

I saw 2 shows, * means they played it one of the two. I'd prefer a much longer list of LWW songs, but whatev, a time was had by all. Wait til I get the email of the hotties I was hangin out with! ;)

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

"Fall Back Down" and Black Sabbath's "Never Say Die" have the same melody.