Music opinion/question of the week...

General music discussion.
WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Re: Music opinion/question of the week...

Post by WestwayKid »

"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Q. What would you say to forming The Beatles - The Next Generation, with Sean Lennon, Dhani Harrison and Zak Starkey [Ringo Starr's son]?

I don't think it's something that Zak wants to do. Maybe Jason [another of Starr's sons and also drummer] would want to do it. I'd be up for it. Sean seemed to be into it, Dhani seemed to be into it. I'd be happy to do it.

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

Q. Do you think it could happen?

Yeah, hopefully, naturally. I don't know, you'd have to wait and see. The will of God, nature's support, I guess. So yeah, maybe.

Dear universe, please let this never happen. Thank you.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 11:54am
Q. What would you say to forming The Beatles - The Next Generation, with Sean Lennon, Dhani Harrison and Zak Starkey [Ringo Starr's son]?

I don't think it's something that Zak wants to do. Maybe Jason [another of Starr's sons and also drummer] would want to do it. I'd be up for it. Sean seemed to be into it, Dhani seemed to be into it. I'd be happy to do it.

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

Yeah, hopefully, naturally. I don't know, you'd have to wait and see. The will of God, nature's support, I guess. So yeah, maybe.

Awfulicious!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 12:47pm
WestwayKid wrote:

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

Awfulicious!
I want this to happen so badly. It would be like mini-KISS.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

Awfulicious!
Of course Zak doesn't want to do it. He actually has a musical career. I think if this were to happen - and I truly hope it does not - that it would be really, really sad.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 1:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

Awfulicious!
Of course Zak doesn't want to do it. He actually has a musical career. I think if this were to happen - and I truly hope it does not - that it would be really, really sad.
https://entertainment.theonion.com/jako ... 1819569590
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 1:41pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

Awfulicious!
I have an admission to make. I actually kind of liked The Wallflowers! :mrgreen:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 1:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

Awfulicious!
I have an admission to make. I actually kind of liked The Wallflowers! :mrgreen:
There's a monitoring facility for people like you: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3041

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 1:52pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Awfulicious!
Is there a 12-step program for those who like 90's music? I think the first step would be to determine where you were on the "Soul Asylum Index" - meaning the more you like Soul Asylum - the worse off you are. If you admit to liking the Goo Goo Dolls - well - then I think you might be a lost cause.

Side note - I could swear I once saw The Wallflowers open for someone back in the 90's - but I cannot remember who the heck it was? Chris Isaak maybe?

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 1:52pm
WestwayKid wrote:
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 1:57pm
Is there a 12-step program for those who like 90's music? I think the first step would be to determine where you were on the "Soul Asylum Index" - meaning the more you like Soul Asylum - the worse off you are. If you admit to liking the Goo Goo Dolls - well - then I think you might be a lost cause.
It's been agreed that treatment is costly, so we've gone with shunning and segregation.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

Awfulicious!
I’m sick of seeing the offspring of successful people given every opportunity and careers on a plate on the back of their parents. Not just music you see it acting and sports as well.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

I always thought the Mescaleros' "Forbidden City" has a Wallflowers vibe.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 3:18pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

Awfulicious!
I’m sick of seeing the offspring of successful people given every opportunity and careers on a plate on the back of their parents. Not just music you see it acting and sports as well.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:

Q. Has it been mooted?

Yeah, a little bit.

It would likely be just another crappy band that I'd ignore. They couldn't be worse than Phil Collins.