Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

General music discussion.
Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50844
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by Wolter » 08 Mar 2019, 10:30am

”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39384
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Mar 2019, 11:17am

gkbill wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 10:31pm
Hello,

I used to be disgusted...now I try to be amused.
Exactly mate. Nice EC reference too.

I don't much care what he does verbally all that great music still stands and always will. He doesn't let me down in any way as I stopped listening to his verbals a very long time ago.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39384
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by Marky Dread » 08 Mar 2019, 11:27am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 9:12am
coffeepotman wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 8:51am
Here is the whole 24 minute segment....https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... HxsCcvCnS4

John does make a fool of himself but at the end he mentions Nora has Alzheimers and then he brings up Ari Up and the Slits I really felt sorry for the guy, no wonder he drinks. I love him and will always, even when he makes a fool of himself. Him, his music, his lyrics, they all changed my life and the way I look at the world.
That's horrible about Nora. Is that a recent revelation, as I don't recall hearing it before. I can certainly appreciate him being more on edge with that going on in his life.
I mentioned it on here months back I think on the PiL thread but there are so many KISS conersations in-betewwen it could be anywhere.
Image

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26584
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by Flex » 08 Mar 2019, 11:28am

Wolter wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 10:30am
lulz
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78857
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by Dr. Medulla » 08 Mar 2019, 11:38am

Marky Dread wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 11:27am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 9:12am
coffeepotman wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 8:51am
Here is the whole 24 minute segment....https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... HxsCcvCnS4

John does make a fool of himself but at the end he mentions Nora has Alzheimers and then he brings up Ari Up and the Slits I really felt sorry for the guy, no wonder he drinks. I love him and will always, even when he makes a fool of himself. Him, his music, his lyrics, they all changed my life and the way I look at the world.
That's horrible about Nora. Is that a recent revelation, as I don't recall hearing it before. I can certainly appreciate him being more on edge with that going on in his life.
I mentioned it on here months back I think on the PiL thread but there are so many KISS conersations in-betewwen it could be anywhere.
Dammit, Heston!
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1936
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by WestwayKid » 08 Mar 2019, 12:34pm

I'll always have a soft spot for John. Yes, he can be an insufferable pain and yes, he often doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - but he's a fascinating character and like many of you have already said - his music changed my life for the better.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39384
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by Marky Dread » 09 Mar 2019, 5:23am

WestwayKid wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 12:34pm
I'll always have a soft spot for John. Yes, he can be an insufferable pain and yes, he often doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - but he's a fascinating character and like many of you have already said - his music changed my life for the butter.
Subtle. ;)
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 17116
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by 101Walterton » 09 Mar 2019, 5:55am

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 5:23am
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 12:34pm
I'll always have a soft spot for John. Yes, he can be an insufferable pain and yes, he often doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - but he's a fascinating character and like many of you have already said - his music changed my life for the butter.
Subtle. ;)
😂

deny
Junco Partner
Posts: 425
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:20pm

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by deny » 09 Mar 2019, 8:24am

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 5:23am
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 12:34pm
I'll always have a soft spot for John. Yes, he can be an insufferable pain and yes, he often doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - but he's a fascinating character and like many of you have already said - his music changed my life for the butter.
Subtle. ;)
Ha ha Marky! I've finally laughed at one of your jokes! :mrgreen:
Joining the Street Parade

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78857
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Mar 2019, 8:43am

deny wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 8:24am
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 5:23am
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 12:34pm
I'll always have a soft spot for John. Yes, he can be an insufferable pain and yes, he often doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - but he's a fascinating character and like many of you have already said - his music changed my life for the butter.
Subtle. ;)
Ha ha Marky! I've finally laughed at one of your jokes! :mrgreen:
:lol:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

white man
User avatar
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 917
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 6:12pm
Location: Penshaw Manor

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by white man » 09 Mar 2019, 10:56am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 9:12am
coffeepotman wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 8:51am
Here is the whole 24 minute segment....https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... HxsCcvCnS4

John does make a fool of himself but at the end he mentions Nora has Alzheimers and then he brings up Ari Up and the Slits I really felt sorry for the guy, no wonder he drinks. I love him and will always, even when he makes a fool of himself. Him, his music, his lyrics, they all changed my life and the way I look at the world.
That's horrible about Nora. Is that a recent revelation, as I don't recall hearing it before. I can certainly appreciate him being more on edge with that going on in his life.
Think this was the interview where he first addressed it. Around the 15 minute mark. Agree with all of the above. A man out of time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IjPtV1LTjg&t=249s

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78857
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Mar 2019, 11:15am

white man wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 10:56am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 9:12am
coffeepotman wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 8:51am
Here is the whole 24 minute segment....https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... HxsCcvCnS4

John does make a fool of himself but at the end he mentions Nora has Alzheimers and then he brings up Ari Up and the Slits I really felt sorry for the guy, no wonder he drinks. I love him and will always, even when he makes a fool of himself. Him, his music, his lyrics, they all changed my life and the way I look at the world.
That's horrible about Nora. Is that a recent revelation, as I don't recall hearing it before. I can certainly appreciate him being more on edge with that going on in his life.
Think this was the interview where he first addressed it. Around the 15 minute mark. Agree with all of the above. A man out of time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IjPtV1LTjg&t=249s
We've all yakked about this already, but, lord, his bloated appearance is just breathtaking. His old smoker's voice, tho, does serve him well as he's aged.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1936
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by WestwayKid » 11 Mar 2019, 8:06am

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 5:23am
WestwayKid wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 12:34pm
I'll always have a soft spot for John. Yes, he can be an insufferable pain and yes, he often doesn't know when to keep his mouth shut - but he's a fascinating character and like many of you have already said - his music changed my life for the butter.
Subtle. ;)
:mrgreen:
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

coffeepotman
Long Time Jerk
Posts: 804
Joined: 23 Jun 2008, 1:51pm

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by coffeepotman » 11 Mar 2019, 8:20am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 11:15am
white man wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 10:56am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 9:12am
coffeepotman wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 8:51am
Here is the whole 24 minute segment....https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... HxsCcvCnS4

John does make a fool of himself but at the end he mentions Nora has Alzheimers and then he brings up Ari Up and the Slits I really felt sorry for the guy, no wonder he drinks. I love him and will always, even when he makes a fool of himself. Him, his music, his lyrics, they all changed my life and the way I look at the world.
That's horrible about Nora. Is that a recent revelation, as I don't recall hearing it before. I can certainly appreciate him being more on edge with that going on in his life.
Think this was the interview where he first addressed it. Around the 15 minute mark. Agree with all of the above. A man out of time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IjPtV1LTjg&t=249s
We've all yakked about this already, but, lord, his bloated appearance is just breathtaking. His old smoker's voice, tho, does serve him well as he's aged.
I saw or read an interview with him recently where he said he has a thyroid condition that causes him to bloat up, so it's not that he is just fat, he actually has a medical problem.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78857
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Johnny Rotten vs Marky Ramone

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Mar 2019, 8:35am

coffeepotman wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 8:20am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 11:15am
white man wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 10:56am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 9:12am
coffeepotman wrote:
08 Mar 2019, 8:51am
Here is the whole 24 minute segment....https://www.rollingstone.com/music/musi ... HxsCcvCnS4

John does make a fool of himself but at the end he mentions Nora has Alzheimers and then he brings up Ari Up and the Slits I really felt sorry for the guy, no wonder he drinks. I love him and will always, even when he makes a fool of himself. Him, his music, his lyrics, they all changed my life and the way I look at the world.
That's horrible about Nora. Is that a recent revelation, as I don't recall hearing it before. I can certainly appreciate him being more on edge with that going on in his life.
Think this was the interview where he first addressed it. Around the 15 minute mark. Agree with all of the above. A man out of time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IjPtV1LTjg&t=249s
We've all yakked about this already, but, lord, his bloated appearance is just breathtaking. His old smoker's voice, tho, does serve him well as he's aged.
I saw or read an interview with him recently where he said he has a thyroid condition that causes him to bloat up, so it's not that he is just fat, he actually has a medical problem.
That makes a lot of sense. It's such a dramatic transformation—he hasn't been a skinny kid in decades, but this is beyond being simply overweight—so some kind of medical disorder seems really plausible. Both Norm Macdonald ad Garry Shandling also went thru periods of suddenly being really puffy, and it was medical in origin.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

There's your lounge lizard at war.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests