So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

General music discussion.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

Post by Kory »

I got excited to see a new post here because I thought you were going to say that you got your preorder early, and that mine might be waiting on my doorstep. Instead it's just a bunch of NOISE I'VE ALREADY HEARD.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
15 Mar 2017, 7:59pm
I got excited to see a new post here because I thought you were going to say that you got your preorder early, and that mine might be waiting on my doorstep. Instead it's just a bunch of NOISE I'VE ALREADY HEARD.
Oh, is there a new Wire out?
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Your disappointment is satisfaction enough.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
16 Mar 2017, 3:46am
Kory wrote:
Oh, is there a new Wire out?
How did you not know that?

Seriously though, "Too Late" is an excellent track that always gets stuck in my head. Do you know if it was a hold over from Pink Flag? It sounds it.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
16 Mar 2017, 2:20pm
Seriously though, "Too Late" is an excellent track that always gets stuck in my head. Do you know if it was a hold over from Pink Flag? It sounds it.
I don't believe so. My understanding is that PF was a clearing of all the songs they'd written up to then, which freed them to expand in new directions once that was done. "Too Late" and "Sand in my Joints" definitely sound more like PF, tho (apart from "Too Late" being much longer than most PF tracks).
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Members offer thoughts about most of the band's albums. And it turns out some CM material was ready when Pink Flag was recorded, as Colin mentions.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yp73tcr3d ... -_Wire.pdf

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

In case you haven't heard, Wire has a new album out now.

But you can also read about it and the band more generally: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/featu ... nd-w473751

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Colin is sporting a very punchable hat on tour these days.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2017/0 ... ion-video/

Features an unreleased song, "The Art of Assistance."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
24 May 2017, 1:11pm

Thanks for sharing that—I'll d/l immediately. (That's actually "Art of Persistence," which was on the Third Day ep, when they reformed in 2000. AoP later morphed into "I Don't Understand," from Send.)

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2017, 1:25pm
Kory wrote:

Thanks for sharing that—I'll d/l immediately. (That's actually "Art of Persistence," which was on the Third Day ep, when they reformed in 2000. AoP later morphed into "I Don't Understand," from Send.)
I had a vague thought that that was wrong. "Why have I never heard of this song, despite it sounding familiar?"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
24 May 2017, 1:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 May 2017, 1:25pm
Kory wrote:

I had a vague thought that that was wrong. "Why have I never heard of this song, despite it sounding familiar?"
It was a regular in the set list in 2000 and I heard they'd resurrected it—along with "Small Black Reptile"!—this tour.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

A nice little found gem from my current favorite period. The presenter is shit, but the interview is nice and deadpan: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2017/0 ... 0-minutes/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 10:48pm
A nice little found gem from my current favorite period. The presenter is shit, but the interview is nice and deadpan: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2017/0 ... 0-minutes/
Such cuddly personalities—they should have been huge!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Jun 2017, 6:23am
Kory wrote:
22 Jun 2017, 10:48pm
Such cuddly personalities—they should have been huge!
They still can be! I push them on anyone I think would be receptive.