So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So- how didn't I know the new Wire was out?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 8:03pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 7:17pm
Kory wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 6:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 6:51pm
Kory wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 2:29pm
I don't think there's anything groovier than an open mind and an adventurous spirit.
You're the blind date described as having a wonderful personality. :twitch:
Are you saying I'm not hot?
Your right boob is smaller than your left. It's really off-putting. There, I said it. Everyone here has just been too polite to say it.
I think it adds character.
Yes, yes, and you're a wonderful conversationalist who's a real catch for a lucky fellow.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 8:40pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 6:51pm

You're the blind date described as having a wonderful personality. :twitch:
Your right boob is smaller than your left. It's really off-putting. There, I said it. Everyone here has just been too polite to say it.
Yes, yes, and you're a wonderful conversationalist who's a real catch for a lucky fellow.

If this were college I think I'd be your date to a pig party. I guess it could be worse
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 10:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

If this were college I think I'd be your date to a pig party. I guess it could be worse
You've won me over. I'll marry you and set you up with a respectable allowance and all the best appliances to make our home the envy of the subdivision.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 10:15pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You've won me over. I'll marry you and set you up with a respectable allowance and all the best appliances to make our home the envy of the subdivision.
All my dreams are coming true!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 11:53pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Oct 2017, 10:15pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

All my dreams are coming true!

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I shall listen to this later, if only to decide that my tastes are better than Colin's! :shifty:

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 2:00pm
I shall listen to this later, if only to decide that my tastes are better than Colin's! :shifty:
It's a near certainty.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 2:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's a near certainty.
Y'know, that was pretty good and a lot more rock than I'd expect from him (I'd never guess Colin to be a Breeders fan).

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 4:02pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's a near certainty.
Y'know, that was pretty good and a lot more rock than I'd expect from him (I'd never guess Colin to be a Breeders fan).
All I know is he like Todd Rundgren a lot.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 4:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It's a near certainty.
Well. Huh.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 4:10pm
Kory wrote:
13 Dec 2017, 4:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's a near certainty.
Well. Huh.
THAT'S WHAT I SAID!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

An obscure tangential Wire treat. I came across some audio files today that weren't properly labeled. I did some investigating and figured out/hazily remembered that they were three long abstract tracks by Symptoms, who put out a couple cool records on Colin Newman's ~swim label. These three were free, part of a larger multimedia project, but don't show up in any official discography. If you've heard Symptoms before you'll probably dig this. If you like abstract noise compositions, maybe you'll like this.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/mlgjphmd9 ... mptoms.zip

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Attention completists! Wire contributed this 72-second piece of sound to a recent album/photo book on Touch. There's not much to it, but if you gotta have it, here, have it.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sy55flf2q75qg ... D.m4a?dl=0

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Thanks Doc! I couldn't get this to play back on the link offered at the pink flag forum.
Glad to increase my Wire collection by another 72 seconds from the Silver/Lead sessions.
I like it. In a Metal-Machine-Music-meets-air-raid-siren sort of way.
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres