So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Heston » 10 Feb 2019, 6:53pm

Went to see the Old Firm Casuals the other night (Lars from Rancid's side project), they were pretty awful. Way too loud and Lars delegated loads of vocals to the bass player who just shouted without any melody whatsover.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Feb 2019, 7:18pm

Heston wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 6:53pm
Went to see the Old Firm Casuals the other night (Lars from Rancid's side project), they were pretty awful. Way too loud and Lars delegated loads of vocals to the bass player who just shouted without any melody whatsover.
I watched one of their vids on youtube just last week and thought it was okay (Lars vocal). That said the name "Old Firm Casuals" is shit as the band dress as skinheads and the Casuals were anything but. Why take an old football name for your band. It's as if that gives the band an authentic football hooligan feel but it's just so dumb.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob » 10 Feb 2019, 7:36pm

Heston wrote:
He abandoned the Bastards?

Heston

Post by Heston » 10 Feb 2019, 7:39pm

Marky Dread wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 7:18pm
Heston wrote:
I watched one of their vids on youtube just last week and thought it was okay (Lars vocal). That said the name "Old Firm Casuals" is shit as the band dress as skinheads and the Casuals were anything but. Why take an old football name for your band. It's as if that gives the band an authentic football hooligan feel but it's just so dumb.
Agreed, I think he's trying too hard with all that, it comes across as naff. There is a track with a sampled "Who are ya?" football chant and it just makes me cringe.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

Heston

Post by Heston » 10 Feb 2019, 7:40pm

revbob wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 7:36pm
Heston wrote:
He abandoned the Bastards?
Not sure but the Old Firm Casuals seem to be taking priority these last few years.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Post by Wolter » 10 Feb 2019, 8:03pm

Heston wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 7:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Agreed, I think he's trying too hard with all that, it comes across as naff. There is a track with a sampled "Who are ya?" football chant and it just makes me cringe.
That Libertines line about an Englishman in a baseball cap is how I feel about Americans who don’t really understand Football Culture but try to mimic the trappings.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Feb 2019, 8:30pm

Wolter wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 8:03pm
Heston wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 7:39pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
That Libertines line about an Englishman in a baseball cap is how I feel about Americans who don’t really understand Football Culture but try to mimic the trappings.
That line always makes me smile especially as it's produced by one Mick Jones an Englishman renowned for wearing baseball caps with BAD.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob » 10 Feb 2019, 8:31pm

Wolter wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 8:03pm

Dont you talk about Flex like that!