So what's your concert schedule looking like?

General music discussion.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: So what's your concert schedule looking like?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Spiff wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 9:35am
Peter Hook and the Light is coming to town in early May.

I'm a big New Order and Joy Division fan ... but I'm torn about seeing this show.

Anyone seen him in this new incarnation, and if so, how was the gig?
I've got a few boots that I can upload for you if you want to sample.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 9:49am
Spiff wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 9:35am
Peter Hook and the Light is coming to town in early May.

I'm a big New Order and Joy Division fan ... but I'm torn about seeing this show.

Anyone seen him in this new incarnation, and if so, how was the gig?
I've got a few boots that I can upload for you if you want to sample.
Thanks. I may ask for that.

In the meantime, I'll scan YouTube and see what I can find.

I hope an IMCTer has been to a show and can give a first-hand account; I'm especially interested in a song list.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Spiff wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 9:58am
I hope an IMCTer has been to a show and can give a first-hand account; I'm especially interested in a song list.
Can't help with the first hand account, but you can peruse setlists here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/peter-h ... d5d26.html
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

drowninghere
Long Time Jerk

Post by drowninghere »

Flex wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 10:56am
Spiff wrote:
Can't help with the first hand account, but you can peruse setlists here: https://www.setlist.fm/setlists/peter-h ... d5d26.html
Saw him a year or two ago and am also seeing him on this tour. It was amazing - the Joy Division stuff being particularly out of this world good. While he can't really sing, his voice works surprisingly well (esp. on the Curtis songs) and he has a guitar player who helps out occasionally on some of the Barney stuff. Frankly far better than any of the 2 - 3 New Order concerts I saw when they were touring stadiums in North America.

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

drowninghere wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 1:00pm
Flex wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Saw him a year or two ago and am also seeing him on this tour. It was amazing - the Joy Division stuff being particularly out of this world good. While he can't really sing, his voice works surprisingly well (esp. on the Curtis songs) and he has a guitar player who helps out occasionally on some of the Barney stuff. Frankly far better than any of the 2 - 3 New Order concerts I saw when they were touring stadiums in North America.
Thanks.

Chances have increased greatly that I will buy tickets for this show.
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Spiff wrote:
05 Apr 2018, 3:49pm
drowninghere wrote:
Flex wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Thanks.

He's doing the Still album in its entirety, right?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 1:29pm
Spiff wrote:
drowninghere wrote:
Flex wrote:
Spiff wrote:
Thanks.

He did some insane performance some time back that was every goddamned JD song. Fuck you, Value For The Money Springsteen.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 2:10pm
Kory wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 1:29pm
Spiff wrote:
drowninghere wrote:
Flex wrote:

Thanks.

He did some insane performance some time back that was every goddamned JD song. Fuck you, Value For The Money Springsteen.
Do Warsaw or gtfo, Hook.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Flex

Post by Flex »

The MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES are doing a free show in my area next Saturday, so I'll be pulling out all the stops for that one.

Just snagged tix for the MC50 tour on their Denver stop. The fact that Kim Thayil is on guitar and Brendan Canty is drumming put it over the top for me. It's an MC5 supergroup coverband, essentially, and that sounds fun as fuck to me. And I ehn't never actually seen Wayne Kramer live, so this checks that one off the list.

In May I've got DOA & MDC and then hitting the Paul Simon farewell tour. I think they should combine those shows, personally.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Here's that Peter Hook show where he plays the JD catalogue: http://turbobit.net/fzhkghep9zwv.html

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 2:26pm
In May I've got DOA & MDC and then hitting the Paul Simon farewell tour. I think they should combine those shows, personally.
That makes me think of a weird thing about Paul Simon. Back in '85 or so, I remember him telling an interviewer that his favourite band at the time was Jesus and Mary Chain. Which surprised me by a fair mile.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 3:38pm
That makes me think of a weird thing about Paul Simon. Back in '85 or so, I remember him telling an interviewer that his favourite band at the time was Jesus and Mary Chain. Which surprised me by a fair mile.
I love it when old rock icons turn out to dig hip stuff.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 3:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 3:38pm
I love it when old rock icons turn out to dig hip stuff.
Like Mike Love presumably digs Sugar Ray?

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 2:26pm
The MIGHTY MIGHTY BOSSTONES are doing a free show in my area next Saturday, so I'll be pulling out all the stops for that one.

Just snagged tix for the MC50 tour on their Denver stop. The fact that Kim Thayil is on guitar and Brendan Canty is drumming put it over the top for me. It's an MC5 supergroup coverband, essentially, and that sounds fun as fuck to me. And I ehn't never actually seen Wayne Kramer live, so this checks that one off the list.

When's the Denver MC50 show? I gotta see this. Im a big Wayne Kramer fan and would really like to see him live. Could pair it with a trip to see family perhaps. They are also doing Montreal and NYC area so I might shoot for one of those instead.

Flex

Post by Flex »

revbob wrote:
06 Apr 2018, 3:52pm
When's the Denver MC50 show? I gotta see this. Im a big Wayne Kramer fan and would really like to see him live. Could pair it with a trip to see family perhaps. They are also doing Montreal and NYC area so I might shoot for one of those instead.
October 20th. I picked up 2 tix but the second one is currently unassigned, if you want to make the trip.

Pex Lives!