Public Image Limited

General music discussion.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Public Image Limited

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jun 2017, 6:33pm

Related: On the same day (well, probably a few days after before I could pick it up) I was seriously underwhelmed by a PiL studio album for the first time.
"If you think this is nderwhelming, just wait until three years from now. You'll be blown away, all right." - That What Is Not
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
02 Jun 2017, 7:29am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Jun 2017, 6:33pm

Related: On the same day (well, probably a few days after before I could pick it up) I was seriously underwhelmed by a PiL studio album for the first time.
"If you think this is nderwhelming, just wait until three years from now. You'll be blown away, all right." - That What Is Not
Think Tank!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

From—you guessed it—the soaraway SUN: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4 ... rom-party/
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 1:32pm
From—you guessed it—the soaraway SUN: https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/4 ... rom-party/
:lol: Glorious. That hair makes him look suspiciously like McLaren. Had no idea about this documentary. Marky, you planning on seeing it?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 2:03pm
Kory wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 1:32pm
:lol: Glorious. That hair makes him look suspiciously like McLaren. Had no idea about this documentary. Marky, you planning on seeing it?
Maybe. All his current drunken bullshit is well off putting.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A review from a showing back in April: http://variety.com/2017/film/reviews/th ... 202392609/

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Very happy to have finally made this the year where I completely stop listening to Lydon outside of his music.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 5:25pm
Very happy to have finally made this the year where I completely stop listening to Lydon outside of his music.
If I could pinpoint the time when I stopped thinking he had any useful contribution to discourse, it was when he expressed support for W.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 5:50pm
Silent Majority wrote:
05 Oct 2017, 5:25pm
If I could pinpoint the time when I stopped thinking he had any useful contribution to discourse, it was when he expressed support for W.
It was that one-two punch of pro-Farage/Trump & being in favour of the royal family this year that broked the back of the poor overburdened camel.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

You guys are much more forgiving of 1992-2009 than I am. :twitch:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I don't need to forgive him for anything. His views (if genuine) are his entitlement. I don't have to agree with any of them to like his music that has always been completely separate as with any artist. I think just the same about Morrissey for example, as these fuckers age they become desperate to been seen as relevant. Personally if you haven't got anything worthwhile or productive to say then you should shut the fuck up. Especially as being contrary for the sake of it is just plain boring.

What I can not stomach so much is when they are out in public acting like assholes. Lydon's recent drunken performance is disgraceful and completely disrespectful. Grow the fuck up you are not a young man anymore, enjoy your drink and your friends but don't act like you are above all the people that put you in your position.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 1.24.37 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 1.24.37 PM.png (37.88 KiB) Viewed 5508 times

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Oct 2017, 1:25pm
Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 1.24.37 PM.png
Probably about time someone put John in a metal box and fixed the lid on. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

On Wobble most recent(?) album, he revisits some old tunes, including "Public Image." Above is a live version of it. Maybe I'm too wedded to the original, but I think too much edge is lost in this interpretation.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
06 Oct 2017, 1:06am
I don't need to forgive him for anything. His views (if genuine) are his entitlement. I don't have to agree with any of them to like his music that has always been completely separate as with any artist. I think just the same about Morrissey for example, as these fuckers age they become desperate to been seen as relevant. Personally if you haven't got anything worthwhile or productive to say then you should shut the fuck up. Especially as being contrary for the sake of it is just plain boring.

What I can not stomach so much is when they are out in public acting like assholes. Lydon's recent drunken performance is disgraceful and completely disrespectful. Grow the fuck up you are not a young man anymore, enjoy your drink and your friends but don't act like you are above all the people that put you in your position.
Couldn't agree more, you've got to separate the art from the artist, sometimes it's easier than others, I'll always love John, I grew up with him, looked up to him and believed (in) him. Now he's just a druken old fool but I still have love for him.