The Black Flag Thread

General music discussion.
Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39019
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 20 May 2015, 6:23pm

Chuck Mangione wrote:Is it Black Flag week yet??
NEXT YEAR.
Image

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6669
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Chuck Mangione » 20 May 2015, 6:25pm

Marky Dread wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:Is it Black Flag week yet??
NEXT YEAR.
Shoot, July 1st. Heston, I expect a Minutemen Top 5 this week, or the next, followed by Black Flag for the 4th.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39019
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 20 May 2015, 6:37pm

Chuck Mangione wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Chuck Mangione wrote:Is it Black Flag week yet??
NEXT YEAR.
Shoot, July 1st. Heston, I expect a Minutemen Top 5 this week, or the next, followed by Black Flag for the 4th.
HEY GUESS WHAT?

Image
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50723
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Wolter » 21 May 2015, 7:46am

The very idea of Heston putting bands that are both good AND American in a top 5 is absurd. I mean we still haven't gotten the Spandau Ballet, Culture Club, or Showaddywaddy lists yet.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 33009
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by tepista » 21 May 2015, 12:47pm

Wolter wrote:The very idea of Heston putting bands that are both good AND American in a top 5 is absurd. I mean we still haven't gotten the Spandau Ballet, Culture Club, or Showaddywaddy lists yet.
I've got my Scritti Politti 5 ready to go!
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26419
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Flex » 21 May 2015, 12:49pm

tepista wrote:I've got my Scritti Politti 5 ready to go!
Me too. :shifty:
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39019
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 21 May 2015, 6:29pm

tepista wrote:
Wolter wrote:The very idea of Heston putting bands that are both good AND American in a top 5 is absurd. I mean we still haven't gotten the Spandau Ballet, Culture Club, or Showaddywaddy lists yet.
I've got my Scritti Politti 5 ready to go!
Good band.
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39019
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 21 May 2015, 6:30pm

The fact that Heston has you mentioning Spandau Ballet and Culture Club in a Black Flag thread means he's winning.
Image

Chuck Mangione
User avatar
Spitting Image
Posts: 6669
Joined: 17 Jun 2009, 10:45pm
Location: Up your boulevard.

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Chuck Mangione » 21 May 2015, 6:42pm

Marky Dread wrote:The fact that Heston has you mentioning Spandau Ballet and Culture Club in a Black Flag thread means he's winning.
The sad truth.

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 39019
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Marky Dread » 21 May 2015, 6:46pm

Chuck Mangione wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:The fact that Heston has you mentioning Spandau Ballet and Culture Club in a Black Flag thread means he's winning.
The sad truth.
:mrgreen:
Image

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50723
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Wolter » 21 May 2015, 11:08pm

Damn it, you're right.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26419
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Flex » 21 May 2015, 11:14pm

Hey, instead of whatever the fuck Heston is trying to lay down, here's the Chuck Dukowski Sextet performing MY WAR in 2010:
[youtube][/youtube]
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26419
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Flex » 21 May 2015, 11:15pm

Oh, and FLAG WEEK STARTS JUUUUUUNE 29TH MOOOOOOOOOOOTHAFUCKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!!!
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50723
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Wolter » 21 May 2015, 11:19pm

Flex wrote:Hey, instead of whatever the fuck Heston is trying to lay down, here's the Chuck Dukowski Sextet performing MY WAR in 2010:
[youtube][/youtube]
I approve.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26419
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: The Black Flag Thread

Post by Flex » 03 May 2016, 12:33pm

FYI, today popmarket.com is offering 15% off a vinyl bundle consisting of First Four Years, Jealous Again and My War: http://www.popmarket.com/details/117673757

I have 2 of the 3 albums on vinyl already or I'd snatch that deal up. Also, um, who else's stokage levels are starting to rise for FLAG WEEK VII: THE FLAG AWAKENS?!
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: deny and 17 guests