Atheistic Epileptic

Re: The KISS thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 10:17am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 6:29am
https://globalnews.ca/news/4470115/kiss ... well-tour/

Farewell tour until the next farewell tour, subject to profitability estimates and penicillin supplies.
The Eagles are also still on their farewell tour. That one has gone on so long that they've managed to bury a founding member.
It's like a dance marathon—they keep playing until only one Eagle is left alive. And then he's tortured for what they all did to Western culture.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 10:25am
WestwayKid wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 10:17am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Farewell tour until the next farewell tour, subject to profitability estimates and penicillin supplies.
The Eagles are also still on their farewell tour. That one has gone on so long that they've managed to bury a founding member.
It's like a dance marathon—they keep playing until only one Eagle is left alive. And then he's tortured for what they all did to Western culture.
I hope Don Felder outlives them all! :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

There's a great bit on the Cook/Jones radio interview track on the Some Product LP where a guy calls in and asks them what they think about Kiss...Jones says they suck and then Cook adds "They can kiss my ass!" Ha, ha!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 11:09am
There's a great bit on the Cook/Jones radio interview track on the Some Product LP where a guy calls in and asks them what they think about Kiss...Jones says they suck and then Cook adds "They can kiss my ass!" Ha, ha!
Aaaaand Heston loses another possible recruit.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 11:14am
WestwayKid wrote:
When I was a little kid (back in the late 70's) - I was TERRIFIED of Kiss. Whenever I'd see them - television, poster in the record department at Sears...I'd literally cower with fear and yell "GUYS! GUYS!" (apparently not knowing who they actually were - I just collectively called them "guys").

Looking back - I'm guessing it was the makeup and costumes that scared me...but yeah, Kiss and Lou Ferrigno as The Hulk were the two things that absolutely terrified me as a young child.

I'd get so scared when I saw Kiss that I'd literally start having the kid version of a panic attack. I even had nightmares about them.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 11:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
When I was a little kid (back in the late 70's) - I was TERRIFIED of Kiss. Whenever I'd see them - television, poster in the record department at Sears...I'd literally cower with fear and yell "GUYS! GUYS!" (apparently not knowing who they actually were - I just collectively called them "guys").

Looking back - I'm guessing it was the makeup and costumes that scared me...but yeah, Kiss and Lou Ferrigno as The Hulk were the two things that absolutely terrified me as a young child.

I'd get so scared when I saw Kiss that I'd literally start having the kid version of a panic attack. I even had nightmares about them.
I loved 'em because I was into superhero comics and these were basically superheros playing rock music. A perfect mix. But, unlike some unfrozen caveman Geordies, I grew up and realized they played shitty rock music.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Count me in.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Heston wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 12:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Count me in.
Go see a doctor first. There's gonna be a lot of oozing.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 12:50pm
Heston wrote:
21 Sep 2018, 12:15pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Count me in.
Go see a doctor first. There's gonna be a lot of oozing.
Yeah you were probably less likely to catch something at a gg allin show.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Will legit contribute $100 to the fund to get Heston hitched here: http://loudwire.com/ace-frehley-best-ma ... ng-chapel/

Heston

Post by Heston »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 5:01pm
Will legit contribute $100 to the fund to get Heston hitched here: http://loudwire.com/ace-frehley-best-ma ... ng-chapel/
Better Ace than Gene prowling around at your wedding. I would end up cuckolded on my honeymoon night.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I was always fascinated by the album covers but then a Canadian friend of mine had a couple of the early albums and after a listen I couldn't really hear what all the fuss was about. They were just an average rock n roll band. Without the image they were quite boring.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Marky Dread wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 5:34pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I was always fascinated by the album covers but then a Canadian friend of mine had a couple of the early albums and after a listen I couldn't really hear what all the fuss was about. They were just an average rock n roll band. Without the image they were quite boring.
Nailed it!

Inder can we close this one up?

Heston

Post by Heston »

revbob wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 6:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

Nailed it!

We would need a Replacement.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 6:39pm
revbob wrote:
24 Sep 2018, 6:10pm
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Nailed it!

We would need a Replacement.
The Black Diamond thread.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia