What Are you Listening to Right Now?

General music discussion.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: What Are you Listening to Right Now?

Post by Wolter »

WestwayKid wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 2:10pm
Wolter wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 1:41pm
WestwayKid wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 10:14am
coffeepotman wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 10:09am
I'm a huge Bolan collector, there is a world of outtakes, sessions, demos, you name it out there, love all of them
How is the T. Rex Unchained collection?
Amazingly spotty but the highs are high.

The lows are seriously scraping the bottom of the barrel.
I was wondering that considering it's 8 volumes.
They roughly correspond to era, though, so the quality varies WITHIN the discs.

I think 7 is the one that has the rough tracks he was working on before he died, so it has 7-8 tracks that more or less feel like a lost album in demo form. 8, if I recall, is almost entirely useless.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

I'm listening to this and enjoying it.
Attachments
Marc Bolan & T. Rex - The Final Cuts.jpg

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Very cool! I have all these songs scattered amongst variousalbums. Is this just them rounded up or is this a finished product? I remember when I first saw it years ago, passed because I already own all the songs

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 12:46pm
WestwayKid wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 10:11am
Marky Dread wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 9:48am
WestwayKid wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 8:41am
81W-rZ3zQeL._SL1252_.jpg

Picked this up when it first came out, but making my first real deep dive into some of the middle period recordings. My only complaint with the set is that it leaves out some of their non-album singles (Hot Love, Summertime Blues). Dandy in the Underworld is a really good album and it makes me really wonder where he would have gone next.
That's a nice package for value. I've got all the two disc editions with demos/outtakes etc.
Are those the ones with the alternate albums on them? I have a couple: Tanx, Zinc Alloy, Zip Gun. I never got around to picking up Dragon or Dandy.
Shame on you! You do now. ;)

https://mega.nz/#!q4VSySqZ!kWuNJVhuTdpU ... m--k2UBDxA
I was wrong - I'm missing Zinc Alloy and (until yesterday) Dragon. I did have Dandy.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

WestwayKid wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 2:36pm
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 8:41am
81W-rZ3zQeL._SL1252_.jpg

Picked this up when it first came out, but making my first real deep dive into some of the middle period recordings. My only complaint with the set is that it leaves out some of their non-album singles (Hot Love, Summertime Blues). Dandy in the Underworld is a really good album and it makes me really wonder where he would have gone next.
That's a nice package for value. I've got all the two disc editions with demos/outtakes etc.
Are those the ones with the alternate albums on them? I have a couple: Tanx, Zinc Alloy, Zip Gun. I never got around to picking up Dragon or Dandy.

I was wrong - I'm missing Zinc Alloy and (until yesterday) Dragon. I did have Dandy.
You're a Venus Loon yeah that's what are.

https://mega.nz/#!GwV2lCqQ!0rY6Yi9kWsAY ... EU1-DFUBA0

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

coffeepotman wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 2:25pm
Very cool! I have all these songs scattered amongst variousalbums. Is this just them rounded up or is this a finished product? I remember when I first saw it years ago, passed because I already own all the songs
I think it's just the tracks rounded up.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 2:56pm
WestwayKid wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 2:36pm
Marky Dread wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

You're a Venus Loon yeah that's what are.

https://mega.nz/#!GwV2lCqQ!0rY6Yi9kWsAY ... EU1-DFUBA0
There's some Bolan Boogie in my future!!

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Side note: I fucking love “Venus Loon.”
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

coffeepotman wrote:
Some are on other comps I think. These sound better and are mixed better and 7 are unreleased I believe. They were from a master tape that was kept by Doreen Bell who worked at Air Studios where these were recorded. After the fatal car crash Doreen visited Gloria in hospital and Gloria wrote a note asking Doreen to keep the tape safe so Rolan could have them so Doreen hid them in her filing cabinet. She retired in '85 and smuggled them into her flat in West London then to her retirement home in Western Super-Mare. She wrote several times to Gloria asking what she should do with the tapes but never had the right address. It wasn't until she read an article about Rolan in the Daily Mail that finally she made contact with Marc's son through the newspaper.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 3:19pm
coffeepotman wrote:
Some are on other comps I think. These sound better and are mixed better and 7 are unreleased I believe. They were from a master tape that was kept by Doreen Bell who worked at Air Studios where these were recorded. After the fatal car crash Doreen visited Gloria in hospital and Gloria wrote a note asking Doreen to keep the tape safe so Rolan could have them so Doreen hid them in her filing cabinet. She retired in '85 and smuggled them into her flat in West London then to her retirement home in Western Super-Mare. She wrote several times to Gloria asking what she should do with the tapes but never had the right address. It wasn't until she read an article about Rolan in the Daily Mail that finally she made contact with Marc's son through the newspaper.
I’m intrigued.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 3:20pm
Marky Dread wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
I’m intrigued.
https://mega.nz/#!y4USBA6C!cX1PQX_P3WQ8 ... iODQTDKG2E

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Marky Dread wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 8:49pm
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
I’m intrigued.
¡Gracias!

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Wolter wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 10:48am
Marky Dread wrote:
22 Mar 2019, 8:49pm
Wolter wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
I’m intrigued.
¡Gracias!
Cheers Wolt!

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

BitterTom
Unknown Immortal

Post by BitterTom »

Love and Affection - Joan Armatrading

Fantastic song, great build up, cracking chorus.

coffeepotman
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by coffeepotman »

Marky Dread wrote:
coffeepotman wrote:
Marky, that's quite a bit of Deep Marc Bolan info, I never heard that story, thanks for the info and of course thanks for the DL, I'm in a Bolan phase and when that happens you never know how long it will last