Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

General music discussion.
Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Re: Heston and Marky's Friday Top 5

Post by Heston »

You Took the Words Right Outta My Mouth still sounds fantastic to me when I hear it on the radio. I love that big production. The song Bat Out of Hell is also pretty excellent imo, though I probably only need to hear it once every few years. Deadringer came on the radio the other week, you'd have to have no pulse to not tap your feet to that.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 4:41pm
You Took the Words Right Outta My Mouth still sounds fantastic to me when I hear it on the radio. I love that big production. The song Bat Out of Hell is also pretty excellent imo, though I probably only need to hear it once every few years. Deadringer came on the radio the other week, you'd have to have no pulse to not tap your feet to that.
All up there with Bonnie Tyler for me. I know it's a heartache but hey you'll get over it. I don't hate Meatloaf but he was always on the jukebox in my local for years until I sabotaged the jukebox. I was very friendly with the landlord (R.I.P) back then and he allowed me to put my own cd's in the machine but I was sneaky I edited in 3 songs per track so everytime you played a track from my cd you always got three songs. Fucking brilliant when it was ladies darts night and they couldn't understand why it took so long for their song to come on. I had Clash/Small Faces/Sex Pistols/Who/Damned/Ruts/Jungle Book soundtrack/Jam/Secreat Affair/PiL/Wire/ all fantastic stuff. You used to get three plays for 50p and that meant nine tracks on my disc. :approve:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
15 Jun 2018, 10:39pm
Heston wrote:
All up there with Bonnie Tyler for me. I know it's a heartache but hey you'll get over it. I don't hate Meatloaf but he was always on the jukebox in my local for years until I sabotaged the jukebox. I was very friendly with the landlord (R.I.P) back then and he allowed me to put my own cd's in the machine but I was sneaky I edited in 3 songs per track so everytime you played a track from my cd you always got three songs. Fucking brilliant when it was ladies darts night and they couldn't understand why it took so long for their song to come on. I had Clash/Small Faces/Sex Pistols/Who/Damned/Ruts/Jungle Book soundtrack/Jam/Secreat Affair/PiL/Wire/ all fantastic stuff. You used to get three plays for 50p and that meant nine tracks on my disc. :approve:
Nice one, time for action.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Haha, love it.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

muppet hi fi
Unknown Immortal

Post by muppet hi fi »

Marky Dread wrote:
Heston wrote:
Hahaha! Brilliant!

I actually like "It's a Heartache". Marky, do know that live David Johansen Group album from '78 at the Bottom Line in NYC? In the middle of "Personality Crisis" - at the breakdown right before it would go into the "And you're a prima ballerina..." bit, they go into "It's a Heartache", which they must've just learned for the occasion as it was huge in the summer of '78. Then they resume Personality Crisis right where they left off. Fuckin hilarious.

Also (on the Meatloaf tip), Max Weinberg and Roy Bittan played on those two big Bonnie Tyler albums, as well as the big songs from the 'Bat Out of Hell' album. I don't get why Heston can like Meatloaf but not Springsteen's stuff from that era. It was all so big. ;)
Strong shoes is what we got and when they're hot they're hot!
- Marky Dread and his fabulous Screaming Blue Messiahs

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

All of you Meatloaf defenders are terrible and you deserve a lifetime of having to eat Cracker Barrel meatloaf.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 9:57am
All of you Meatloaf defenders are terrible and you deserve a lifetime of having to eat Cracker Barrel meatloaf.
I'm your #1 fan. :cool:
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 10:32am
JennyB wrote:
18 Jun 2018, 9:57am
I'm your #1 fan. :cool:
;)
Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Where is this week's Top 5? If you aren't careful, I'm going to do something Depeche Mode related - like Top 5 Martin Gore bondage wear or something. :shifty:
Got a Rake? Sure!

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

JennyB wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 3:23pm
Where is this week's Top 5? If you aren't careful, I'm going to do something Depeche Mode related - like Top 5 Martin Gore bondage wear or something. :shifty:
Marky! Hurry up!
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 3:45pm
JennyB wrote:
Marky! Hurry up!
Tick Tock...

Got a Rake? Sure!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Heston wrote:
21 Jun 2018, 3:45pm
JennyB wrote:
Marky! Hurry up!
Yeah already had Friday’s breakfast!!!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Got a Rake? Sure!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver