Re: Question for Heston

Post by Heston »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 8:50pm
Heston wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 8:47pm
WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 8:44pm

My kids have been into this off and on for about a year. Keeps coming back. I’ve never been a big fan of KISS - but I kind of dig this!
We will never see their like again. The American Beatles for the 70s on steroids.
Am I correct that this version omits or truncates Ace’s solo on the original?
Yes, it is heavily remixed and edited, with added keyboards and backing vocals.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Heston wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 8:53pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

My kids have been into this off and on for about a year. Keeps coming back. I’ve never been a big fan of KISS - but I kind of dig this!
We will never see their like again. The American Beatles for the 70s on steroids.
They needed the added keyboards to fight for the Black Diamond. It was their only hope.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 8:58pm
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

They needed the added keyboards to fight for the Black Diamond. It was their only hope.
I like the cut of your jib.

Do you hear Doc? I have a potential ally here.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Heston wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 9:03pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:

I was deeply scared of KISS as a kid (I was born in 1977). I’d see them and start yelling, but as a red blooded dope smoking American kid - they became cool. You could tell the “cool” music freaks from the followers. The cool kids were listening to Destroyer and the followers were listeining to Zep. I do love Led Zeppelin, but I’m glad I chanced upon KISS because they really were good. They figured out how to make hard rock catchy. Potential ally? Heck, my friend - you have an ally!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Most underrated KISS album? I almost want to go with Hot in the Shade...but has to be Creatures! That is an absolute head stomping of an album. Play that one loud enough and it will just melt your brain!!!

Heston

Post by Heston »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 9:10pm
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

I was deeply scared of KISS as a kid (I was born in 1977). I’d see them and start yelling, but as a red blooded dope smoking American kid - they became cool. You could tell the “cool” music freaks from the followers. The cool kids were listening to Destroyer and the followers were listeining to Zep. I do love Led Zeppelin, but I’m glad I chanced upon KISS because they really were good. They figured out how to make hard rock catchy. Potential ally? Heck, my friend - you have an ally!
I am a Destroyer man myself, Flaming Youth is my favourite KISS song. Did you know we have a thread dedicated to them? An ally would be welcome at times. :shifty:

Heston

Post by Heston »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 9:17pm
Most underrated KISS album? I almost want to go with Hot in the Shade...but has to be Creatures! That is an absolute head stomping of an album. Play that one loud enough and it will just melt your brain!!!
I like my KISS strictly pre-Elder. I do give a pass to GGRARTY and Crazy Nights.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Heston wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 9:18pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:

I am a Destroyer man myself, Flaming Youth is my favourite KISS song. Did you know we have a thread dedicated to them? An ally would be welcome at times. :shifty:
I’ve seen it in passing. I may wade in one of these days...

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 9:20pm
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

You. Will. Be. Judged.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 9:22pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:

You. Will. Be. Judged.
Shout. It. Shout. It. Out. Loud!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

The ‘Mats liked them enough to cover them on what would be their best album and it wasn’t an ironic hipster decision. They liked the song. They liked the band. It’s a great track.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 9:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

You. Will. Be. Judged.
:disshame: Lie down with Hestons and you get fleas that Gene Simmons has fucked.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 9:27pm

The ‘Mats liked them enough to cover them on what would be their best album and it wasn’t an ironic hipster decision. They liked the song. They liked the band. It’s a great track.
Redemption! Maybe!

Heston

Post by Heston »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 9:23pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Heston wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:

You. Will. Be. Judged.
YES!

Heston

Post by Heston »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Jan 2018, 9:27pm

FUCK!