400 posts...

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

400 posts...

Post by WestwayKid » 28 Jan 2018, 9:15pm

I know 400 is not much compared to most of you...

Music has meant more to me in my life than anything (except my kids). I have a lot of favorite bands. I’ve bounced around many, many music forums. Hell, I spent time on the Smiley Smile forum (it’s like a musical warzone). I can’t remember how I stumbled on you lot this last fall...but I’m glad I did. Good collection of people. Fun discussions. I appreciate the honest opinions.

...and this gets me to post #397 (I think)....
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: 400 posts...

Post by BostonBeaneater » 28 Jan 2018, 9:17pm

7045.
Image

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: 400 posts...

Post by WestwayKid » 28 Jan 2018, 9:26pm

Yup! #397! I’m getting to #400 tonight. It could be very easy, but I want them to mean something.

How did I get here? I think I’ve always been a music fan. My mom and dad like music, but they don’t love it. For me - music is like a drug. I think I get that from my uncle and my cousin (actually, my first cousin once removed - but in reality just my older brother).

I grew up in an America where rock was dead. Late 80’s and early 90’s. My cousin didn’t tell me what to listen to, but he would make me mix tapes (on cassette). I’d get stuff like The Clash, Huskey Du, Black Flag, REM, Game Theory, Guadalcanal Diary and on and on. He’d let me listen and then loop back and ask for more.

Clash hooked me early. I was born on January 14, 1977 - 2 weeks into the whole year zero story on punk. I come from a berry liberal family - but working class liberals. My grandfather was a honcho for the machinist union. I was going door to door with my mom and dad to hang lit for Mondale in 1984.

I really bought into the young idealistic vision of Joe as some sort of amazing visionary. Like he had all of the answers. He was my guru as I grew up...
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: 400 posts...

Post by WestwayKid » 28 Jan 2018, 9:37pm

2 more posts!

Here’s the deal (and I’m downing a 6-pack of Red Stripe tonight and while I can drink - I get philosophical with every drink). As I grew up - I realized Joe wasn’t the man with the answers. I reallized that why I identified so much with him was because he was like me. He was the most human of rock stars. Joe talked a lot of BS, but that was what caught me. I realized he didn’t have all of the answers, but I realized he cared. He didn’t know why the world sucked...but he wanted to know and he wanted to use his talent to ask. That realization was really huge for me,

It allowed me to hear their music in a whole new way. Kind of made me free. Before that - it was all about the big statment songs...but suddenlly I was getting lost in tracks like Something About England.

Hell...I’m rambling...but I’m hitting 400 posts tonight!

What can I say about The Clash in the US?

Nobody knows them. People my generation might know Should I Stay or Casbah...but that is it. They might see something on a T-shirt.

I won’t push my musical tastes on my kids. I play what I love and hope that some rubs off on them.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: 400 posts...

Post by WestwayKid » 28 Jan 2018, 9:48pm

Okay! Post #400!

I see most of you joined in 2008. I’m a newcomer (by a decade).

I’ve been a member of so many music forums. I joined and within a few weeks I was done. It’s like trying to join a closed group: you are not one of them - you are nothing.

I don’t get that from you all. I’ve already put my foot in m mouth a time or two (but it’s been okay).

I think you are all stuck with me. Sorry!

I’m flighty. I’ve been good about signing up for music groups and then bailing...but this feels like home!

I really do live off of Westway. So funny. I live in Greendale (which was a town that was created out of nothing during the Depression as a relief project). It was actually designed on English vllages, but the road that circles our village goes from Southway to Westway to Northway.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: 400 posts...

Post by WestwayKid » 28 Jan 2018, 9:53pm

There you go! 400 posts since October! I still feel like a junior member...but hey - gotta start somewhere. Thank you all for being accepting! Just remember: Charlie Don’t Surf and if any of you get around to Milwaukee (great town) let’s have a drink or two!!
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: 400 posts...

Post by WestwayKid » 28 Jan 2018, 9:57pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 9:17pm
7045.
I have a Red Sox tattoo on my arm. My grandpa was a Sox fan. I always swore I’d get a tat if Boston and/or Milwaukee won the Series. I wept when they won it in 2004 and as I type this Fenway the Cat is sitting next to me. He’s getting old - but I literally found him the night they won the 2004 pennant. We went out and got trashed and as we were heading home we chanced upon this stray black kitten!
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77318
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: 400 posts...

Post by Dr. Medulla » 28 Jan 2018, 10:45pm

WestwayKid wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 9:57pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 9:17pm
7045.
I have a Red Sox tattoo on my arm. My grandpa was a Sox fan. I always swore I’d get a tat if Boston and/or Milwaukee won the Series. I wept when they won it in 2004 and as I type this Fenway the Cat is sitting next to me. He’s getting old - but I literally found him the night they won the 2004 pennant. We went out and got trashed and as we were heading home we chanced upon this stray black kitten!
Pinky Higgins wept! :shifty:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: 400 posts...

Post by WestwayKid » 28 Jan 2018, 11:00pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 10:45pm
WestwayKid wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 9:57pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 9:17pm
7045.
I have a Red Sox tattoo on my arm. My grandpa was a Sox fan. I always swore I’d get a tat if Boston and/or Milwaukee won the Series. I wept when they won it in 2004 and as I type this Fenway the Cat is sitting next to me. He’s getting old - but I literally found him the night they won the 2004 pennant. We went out and got trashed and as we were heading home we chanced upon this stray black kitten!
Pinky Higgins wept! :shifty:
Instant Karma got Pinky
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: 400 posts...

Post by WestwayKid » 28 Jan 2018, 11:03pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 10:45pm
WestwayKid wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 9:57pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 9:17pm
7045.
I have a Red Sox tattoo on my arm. My grandpa was a Sox fan. I always swore I’d get a tat if Boston and/or Milwaukee won the Series. I wept when they won it in 2004 and as I type this Fenway the Cat is sitting next to me. He’s getting old - but I literally found him the night they won the 2004 pennant. We went out and got trashed and as we were heading home we chanced upon this stray black kitten!
Pinky Higgins wept! :shifty:
I missed the connection at first glance. I’d take Fenway the Black Cat to use his grave as a litter box.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Heston
User avatar
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll
Posts: 28002
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: North of Watford Junction
Contact:

Re: 400 posts...

Post by Heston » 29 Jan 2018, 1:20am

WestwayKid wrote:
28 Jan 2018, 9:48pm
Okay! Post #400!

I see most of you joined in 2008. I’m a newcomer (by a decade).

I’ve been a member of so many music forums. I joined and within a few weeks I was done. It’s like trying to join a closed group: you are not one of them - you are nothing.

I don’t get that from you all. I’ve already put my foot in m mouth a time or two (but it’s been okay).

I think you are all stuck with me. Sorry!

I’m flighty. I’ve been good about signing up for music groups and then bailing...but this feels like home!

I really do live off of Westway. So funny. I live in Greendale (which was a town that was created out of nothing during the Depression as a relief project). It was actually designed on English vllages, but the road that circles our village goes from Southway to Westway to Northway.
It's good to have you on board mate, you've injected some life into the place with some good discussions. And funnily enough, I live about 100 yards from a street called Westway.
I just polished off some Low Country shrimp & grits and a mess of collards. That's a hell of a strain on the arm.

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16946
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: 400 posts...

Post by JennyB » 29 Jan 2018, 10:24am

We are glad you have joined us!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13696
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: 400 posts...

Post by Silent Majority » 29 Jan 2018, 10:28am

You're a good man, kid.
Ain't no man in this land
Who gets up and works for fifty grand


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38239
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: 400 posts...

Post by Marky Dread » 29 Jan 2018, 1:25pm

Erecting 400 posts must be tiring work especially for a kid. Well done mate!

It's cool having you around. :approve:
Image

101Walterton
User avatar
The Best
Posts: 16507
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 5:36pm
Location: Volcanic Rock In The Pacific

Re: 400 posts...

Post by 101Walterton » 29 Jan 2018, 2:07pm

Marky Dread wrote:
29 Jan 2018, 1:25pm
Erecting 400 posts must be tiring work especially for a kid. Well done mate!

It's cool having you around. :approve:
No prescription required round here.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests