The IMCT observations thread

Board-related issues and help forum. Announcements, too!
eumaas
User avatar
Klezmer Shogun
Posts: 23124
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 8:10pm
Location: outer space

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by eumaas » 16 Feb 2018, 1:02pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 8:58pm
While searching for something else, I came across eumaas' wonderful punch to Hoy's nose regarding hand dryers:
I like having dry hands so I can shake another man's hand.

I'm sure you're more of a hugger, so you probably don't understand my objection.
It just has about it a perfect grouchy old man dismissal of his grandson.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4564&start=60#p141954
Hahahaha, jesus what an asshole
I feel that there is a fascistic element, for example, in the Rolling Stones . . .
— Morton Feldman

I've studied the phenomenon of neo-provincialism in self-isolating online communities but this place takes the fucking cake.
— Clashy

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74362
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Feb 2018, 1:31pm

eumaas wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 1:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 8:58pm
While searching for something else, I came across eumaas' wonderful punch to Hoy's nose regarding hand dryers:
I like having dry hands so I can shake another man's hand.

I'm sure you're more of a hugger, so you probably don't understand my objection.
It just has about it a perfect grouchy old man dismissal of his grandson.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4564&start=60#p141954
Hahahaha, jesus what an asshole
But such a beautifully crafted asshole remark. It reads like movie dialogue.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13245
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by Silent Majority » 16 Feb 2018, 3:25pm

eumaas wrote:
16 Feb 2018, 1:02pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 8:58pm
While searching for something else, I came across eumaas' wonderful punch to Hoy's nose regarding hand dryers:
I like having dry hands so I can shake another man's hand.

I'm sure you're more of a hugger, so you probably don't understand my objection.
It just has about it a perfect grouchy old man dismissal of his grandson.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4564&start=60#p141954
Hahahaha, jesus what an asshole
It's very funny to see the people we were a decade ago.
Stand me straight against the nearest wall
Line up your bravest soldiers oh
Ten good shots I'll take them all
They call me El Fusilado


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

matedog
User avatar
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought
Posts: 20295
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 4:07pm
Location: 1995

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by matedog » 05 Mar 2018, 11:41am

A gem from the Board Crash of 2015:
Image
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74362
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 05 Mar 2018, 11:43am

:lol: In some alternate and perhaps more beautiful universe, this happened.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Silent Majority
User avatar
Singer-Songwriter Nancy
Posts: 13245
Joined: 10 Nov 2008, 8:28pm
Location: A republic of mind
Contact:

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by Silent Majority » 05 Mar 2018, 1:22pm

I love that I was dressed as a leprechaun in my profile pic at the time.
Stand me straight against the nearest wall
Line up your bravest soldiers oh
Ten good shots I'll take them all
They call me El Fusilado


www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74362
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Mar 2018, 8:42am

Slate is monitoring the board: https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/0 ... eping.html

Time to push Mike Love's rape van and lolputees hard, people!
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 14924
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by Rat Patrol » 06 Mar 2018, 9:01am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 8:42am
Slate is monitoring the board: https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/0 ... eping.html

Time to push Mike Love's rape van and lolputees hard, people!
Don't worry...we haven't been usurped by the Knitting Paradise forums yet as the Internet's #1 source for news on the latest severed body parts found in the rape van. :ugeek:
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74362
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Mar 2018, 9:11am

Rat Patrol wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 9:01am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Mar 2018, 8:42am
Slate is monitoring the board: https://slate.com/human-interest/2018/0 ... eping.html

Time to push Mike Love's rape van and lolputees hard, people!
Don't worry...we haven't been usurped by the Knitting Paradise forums yet as the Internet's #1 source for news on the latest severed body parts found in the rape van. :ugeek:
I think it's safe to say that we are properly carrying out Stage 4 (or is it 5?) of Bernie's Clash Master Plan™ exactly as he scripted it four decades ago.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 74362
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: The IMCT observations thread

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 May 2018, 3:49pm

It really should be noted that Flex's avatar for these past several months is stellar.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

I feel that, had he lived, John Lennon would have loved Donkey Kong.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests