MLB 2017

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2017

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 5:26pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 6:16am
Wolter wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 1:25am
I'm beginning to think the Cubs might not pull this off...
Thoughts of an LA-NY World Series is causing so many boners at Fox right now. Celebrities! Oh, so many celebrities promoting movies and tv shows. Old footage to give it gravitas! Kershaw is Koufax—lefties with names starting with K and they K batters!—and Judge is RuthDiMaggioMantle but better. And even more celebrities! Celebrities looking beautiful and famous.

Houston, don't let Fox have its way.
Cubs v Yankees would be pretty awesome and the best possible outcome at this point. Sorry but nearly anything that involves Texas (other than Greg Popovich and MDC ) blows by default.
You're not wrong that Texas blows (tho the Astros are kinda fun) but … well, the Yankees. Even tho this crop of Yankees has a bunch of guys who are fun to watch. Nothing is ever worse than the Yankees.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Better the stros than the yankees, no doubt
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Fuck you Dr Robot!

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

lol. the 'stros are really gonna fuck this one up.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The tea leaves established it in the 2nd inning. Houston gets a lead-off double and gets bupkis; Yankees get a 2-out double and bring him in.

The weird thing is how much Hairplugs keeps fondling the Astros as legit, as if they're not going fetal before our eyes.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

My sole comfort is that the Yankees haven't won a WS under a Republican president since Ike. Go Dodgers. *sigh*

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 7:06pm
My sole comfort is that the Yankees haven't won a WS under a Republican president since Ike. Go Dodgers. *sigh*
Sox fans only know hate.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 7:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sox fans only know hate.
It's a comfy blanket on a cold night.

Still, it is bizarre that the Fox guys are still pushing the idea of Houston being so amazing. It's like they're unprepared for a Yankee win and don't know how to switch the script.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 7:32pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sox fans only know hate.

Still, it is bizarre that the Fox guys are still pushing the idea of Houston being so amazing. It's like they're unprepared for a Yankee win and don't know how to switch the script.
Well the whole narrative was the Yankees cant beat Keuchel. Well they did enough and we know Joe Buck is just an asshole. Former pitcher guy is ok for the most part. Granted the Yanks still need to win this and one more but I like their chances. The fact is the first two games were pitching duels with Houston just edging out NY 2-1 in each. But to hear some of these assholes youd think rthey were blow outs.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 8:06pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 7:32pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Sox fans only know hate.

Well the whole narrative was the Yankees cant beat Keuchel. Well they did enough and we know Joe Buck is just an asshole. Former pitcher guy is ok for the most part. Granted the Yanks still need to win this and one more but I like their chances. The fact is the first two games were pitching duels with Houston just edging out NY 2-1 in each. But to hear some of these assholes youd think rthey were blow outs.
Exactly. A one-run win or loss is, fundamentally, a toss up. You can literally change the outcome of any single pitch—make it a HR or an out—and they outcome of the game changes. A win is a win, but a one-run win isn't really indicative of anything. Keuchel wasn't good tonight, but can't fault the dude for not throwing a -1 run game. Credit to the Yankees pitchers, but the Astros hitters have been complete chumps who haven't adjusted.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Since being crowned King Duncecap of Idiotville, Joe Girardi is 6-2.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

https://sports.yahoo.com/dodgers-flirti ... 00164.html
Interesting only because I'm surprised that only the '76 Reds have run the table since division play began in '69 (and that prior to that there were only 12 sweeps in the WS).

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 8:33pm
https://sports.yahoo.com/dodgers-flirti ... 00164.html
Interesting only because I'm surprised that only the '76 Reds have run the table since division play began in '69 (and that prior to that there were only 12 sweeps in the WS).
They're barley over half way there, only. but still interesting

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I'm sorry Red Sox fans, I have so much residual hatred left over from when the Asstros were division rivals that I cannot root for them. And I also kind of resent the Dodgers. I...might...hate the Yankees least of this year's crop. At least Starlin would get a ring.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Wolter wrote:
18 Oct 2017, 9:01pm
I'm sorry Red Sox fans, I have so much residual hatred left over from when the Asstros were division rivals that I cannot root for them. And I also kind of resent the Dodgers. I...might...hate the Yankees least of this year's crop. At least Starlin would get a ring.
I might be on the Yanktrain too. Of what's available. Assuming the baby bears are done.