Middle age health thread for fatties

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Post Reply
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Dr. Medulla » 09 Aug 2018, 8:52pm

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 8:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 3:28pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 3:01pm
Down 15lbs. This little thing is helping a lot. I make smoothies with yogurt and fruit in the morning and make ice shakes with berries in lieu of ice cream.
Smoothies are typical East Coast liberal elite food. Do you drink them with Susan Sarandon and Nancy Pelosi while taking a knee?
I bought berries in Maine at a proper farm stand last week.
Maine? Isn't that where Willie Horton has his vacation home?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by BostonBeaneater » 09 Aug 2018, 9:22pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 8:52pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 8:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 3:28pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 3:01pm
Down 15lbs. This little thing is helping a lot. I make smoothies with yogurt and fruit in the morning and make ice shakes with berries in lieu of ice cream.
Smoothies are typical East Coast liberal elite food. Do you drink them with Susan Sarandon and Nancy Pelosi while taking a knee?
I bought berries in Maine at a proper farm stand last week.
Maine? Isn't that where Willie Horton has his vacation home?
Willie’s in Detroit with good Denny McLean stories to tell.

Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Aug 2018, 7:16am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 9:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 8:52pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 8:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 3:28pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
09 Aug 2018, 3:01pm
Down 15lbs. This little thing is helping a lot. I make smoothies with yogurt and fruit in the morning and make ice shakes with berries in lieu of ice cream.
Smoothies are typical East Coast liberal elite food. Do you drink them with Susan Sarandon and Nancy Pelosi while taking a knee?
I bought berries in Maine at a proper farm stand last week.
Maine? Isn't that where Willie Horton has his vacation home?
Willie’s in Detroit with good Denny McLean stories to tell.

Image
Thanks a lot, Michael Dukakis.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5310
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Mimi » 10 Aug 2018, 8:01am

Congrats on the upcoming nuptials, Beanie.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by BostonBeaneater » 10 Aug 2018, 9:12am

Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 8:01am
Congrats on the upcoming nuptials, Beanie.
New Orleans courthouse wedding!
Image

JennyB
User avatar
Clash Cuck
Posts: 16926
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 1:13pm
Location: Moranjortsville

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by JennyB » 10 Aug 2018, 9:59am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 9:12am
Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 8:01am
Congrats on the upcoming nuptials, Beanie.
New Orleans courthouse wedding!
You'd better eat good food while you are down there.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

Don't talk shop.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by BostonBeaneater » 10 Aug 2018, 10:26am

JennyB wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 9:59am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 9:12am
Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 8:01am
Congrats on the upcoming nuptials, Beanie.
New Orleans courthouse wedding!
You'd better eat good food while you are down there.
Oh yeah. Every cookie or Guinness I am skipping not will be made up for in NOLA. This will be out fourth trip there. I love it. Fantastic American city if you avoid the casino's and the dumb side of Bourbon Street.

My personal favs are sort of diners, Mother's and the Clover.

https://www.nola.com/dining-guide/index ... o-boy.html

One of the marks of being a New Orleanian is that the word “debris” does not elicit thoughts of discarded rubbish but, rather, of one of the more delicious substances ever imagined by a carnivore. A po-boy made of debris that is true to its culinary definition — morsels of meat and crusty char that fall from beef as it’s roasting, all of it coated in the meat’s rendered fat — would be the bovine equivalent of a sandwich made of nothing but fried chicken skin.

Image
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by BostonBeaneater » 10 Aug 2018, 10:27am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 10:26am
JennyB wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 9:59am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 9:12am
Mimi wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 8:01am
Congrats on the upcoming nuptials, Beanie.
New Orleans courthouse wedding!
You'd better eat good food while you are down there.
Oh yeah. Every cookie or Guinness I am skipping not will be made up for in NOLA. This will be out fourth trip there. I love it. Fantastic American city if you avoid the casino's and the dumb side of Bourbon Street.

My personal favs are sort of diners, Mother's and the Clover.

https://www.nola.com/dining-guide/index ... o-boy.html

One of the marks of being a New Orleanian is that the word “debris” does not elicit thoughts of discarded rubbish but, rather, of one of the more delicious substances ever imagined by a carnivore. A po-boy made of debris that is true to its culinary definition — morsels of meat and crusty char that fall from beef as it’s roasting, all of it coated in the meat’s rendered fat — would be the bovine equivalent of a sandwich made of nothing but fried chicken skin.

Image
Image
Image

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6914
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by revbob » 10 Aug 2018, 12:00pm

Congratulations Beaner. My NOLA experience was mixed, partly because I was there for work. I never got a chance to experience the best the city has to offer.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Aug 2018, 12:38pm

Congrats to Beaneater and the future Beaneaterette. We were in New Orleans around twenty years ago. My souvenir was finding what I'd like to imagine was a hooker's shoe—a really tacky sort of saddle shoe with a massive heel. I have no idea where it is now, but I can't imagine I threw it out on purpose.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 6914
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by revbob » 10 Aug 2018, 12:58pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 12:38pm
Congrats to Beaneater and the future Beaneaterette. We were in New Orleans around twenty years ago. My souvenir was finding what I'd like to imagine was a hooker's shoe—a really tacky sort of saddle shoe with a massive heel. I have no idea where it is now, but I can't imagine I threw it out on purpose.
No that's the stuff of heirlooms.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77273
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Aug 2018, 1:07pm

revbob wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 12:58pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 12:38pm
Congrats to Beaneater and the future Beaneaterette. We were in New Orleans around twenty years ago. My souvenir was finding what I'd like to imagine was a hooker's shoe—a really tacky sort of saddle shoe with a massive heel. I have no idea where it is now, but I can't imagine I threw it out on purpose.
No that's the stuff of heirlooms.
For the longest time, it hung up on a hook on the back of my office door, holding a flattened Coke can that I ran over (that was during the same trip, but I think in Memphis) and a shrivelled, years-old orange that was now rock hard. If I had taken it off the hook and put it in an art gallery, I'll bet I could have suckered someone into buying the entire piece. I call it "Rhapsody in Beaneater #6."
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38202
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Aug 2018, 1:19pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 12:38pm
Congrats to Beaneater and the future Beaneaterette. We were in New Orleans around twenty years ago. My souvenir was finding what I'd like to imagine was a hooker's shoe—a really tacky sort of saddle shoe with a massive heel. I have no idea where it is now, but I can't imagine I threw it out on purpose.
I hear that shoe is now on your stairs with your Chuck Taylor....spooky!
Image

Marky Dread
User avatar
Messiah of the Milk Bar
Posts: 38202
Joined: 17 Jun 2008, 11:26am

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by Marky Dread » 10 Aug 2018, 1:20pm

Congrats to the Beans. All the best.
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: Middle age health thread for fatties

Post by BostonBeaneater » 10 Aug 2018, 1:20pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Aug 2018, 12:38pm
Congrats to Beaneater and the future Beaneaterette. We were in New Orleans around twenty years ago. My souvenir was finding what I'd like to imagine was a hooker's shoe—a really tacky sort of saddle shoe with a massive heel. I have no idea where it is now, but I can't imagine I threw it out on purpose.
It is a city of dreams.
Image

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests