MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: MLB 2018

Post by WestwayKid » 10 Oct 2018, 7:48pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:47pm
WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:44pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:43pm
WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:26pm
tepista wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:25pm


Babe Ruth and Hank Aaron for sure.
That's 2 of the 4.
Willie Mays—Giants and Mets—has to be one.
It is. 1 left.
See my edit!
You got it! The Beast!
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: MLB 2018

Post by WestwayKid » 10 Oct 2018, 7:50pm

I've got one more. Who is the only Yankee manager to never win a game at Yankee Stadium (not including managers prior to 1923)?
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77318
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Oct 2018, 7:54pm

WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:50pm
I've got one more. Who is the only Yankee manager to never win a game at Yankee Stadium (not including managers prior to 1923)?
I'm partially cheating here: Bill Virdon. I had to look up who was the manager during the mid-70s renos that forced the Yankees to play at Shea.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1458
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: MLB 2018

Post by WestwayKid » 10 Oct 2018, 7:56pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:54pm
WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:50pm
I've got one more. Who is the only Yankee manager to never win a game at Yankee Stadium (not including managers prior to 1923)?
I'm partially cheating here: Bill Virdon. I had to look up who was the manager during the mid-70s renos that forced the Yankees to play at Shea.
I had a guy regale my cousin and I with those two questions in a bar several years ago. We managed to figure out the home run question - but we were both stumped on the Bill Virdon answer.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77318
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla » 10 Oct 2018, 8:12pm

WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:56pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:54pm
WestwayKid wrote:
10 Oct 2018, 7:50pm
I've got one more. Who is the only Yankee manager to never win a game at Yankee Stadium (not including managers prior to 1923)?
I'm partially cheating here: Bill Virdon. I had to look up who was the manager during the mid-70s renos that forced the Yankees to play at Shea.
I had a guy regale my cousin and I with those two questions in a bar several years ago. We managed to figure out the home run question - but we were both stumped on the Bill Virdon answer.
I might have legit gotten it as I recently re-read Dan Epstein's Big Hair and Plastic Grass, on 1970s baseball. It makes a superb case that that decade was baseball's fucked-up peak.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15257
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Rat Patrol » 11 Oct 2018, 10:11am

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2495 ... gs-threats

I was starting to wonder when my Death Pool bae would record his first distraction of the postseason. :kiss:
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77318
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Oct 2018, 10:19am

Rat Patrol wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:11am
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2495 ... gs-threats

I was starting to wonder when my Death Pool bae would record his first distraction of the postseason. :kiss:
It's kinda cool that a person with only $50K in assets could amass $31M in debts. There's an argument there that he beat the system. (Except for the jail thing.)
Endut! Hoch Hech!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: MLB 2018

Post by BostonBeaneater » 11 Oct 2018, 10:33am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:19am
Rat Patrol wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:11am
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2495 ... gs-threats

I was starting to wonder when my Death Pool bae would record his first distraction of the postseason. :kiss:
It's kinda cool that a person with only $50K in assets could amass $31M in debts. There's an argument there that he beat the system. (Except for the jail thing.)
“See this motherfucker across the street? He’s got a hot fucking daughter, dude,” Lenny told Memet as he drove up. He added that the father once confronted him about staring, but he came up with an excuse.
https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/1 ... d-special/
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77318
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Oct 2018, 10:52am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:33am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:19am
Rat Patrol wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 10:11am
http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/2495 ... gs-threats

I was starting to wonder when my Death Pool bae would record his first distraction of the postseason. :kiss:
It's kinda cool that a person with only $50K in assets could amass $31M in debts. There's an argument there that he beat the system. (Except for the jail thing.)
“See this motherfucker across the street? He’s got a hot fucking daughter, dude,” Lenny told Memet as he drove up. He added that the father once confronted him about staring, but he came up with an excuse.
https://www.howardstern.com/show/2017/1 ... d-special/
:scared: He and Schilling should tour together, promoting diversity of scumbaggery.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

tepista
User avatar
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf
Posts: 32877
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 11:25am
Location: Livin on a fault line, Waiting on the big one

Re: MLB 2018

Post by tepista » 11 Oct 2018, 5:10pm

Houston Astros: 2/1
Boston Red Sox: 9/4
Los Angeles Dodgers: 3/1
Milwaukee Brewers: 4/1
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77318
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Oct 2018, 5:14pm

tepista wrote:
11 Oct 2018, 5:10pm
Houston Astros: 2/1
Boston Red Sox: 9/4
Los Angeles Dodgers: 3/1
Milwaukee Brewers: 4/1
Looks good to me—9 beats 2, 3, and 4, and 4 beats all those 1's.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: MLB 2018

Post by BostonBeaneater » 11 Oct 2018, 10:28pm

Image

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15257
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Rat Patrol » 12 Oct 2018, 1:30am

Of course Joe West is crew chief for the ALCS. Of course.
Image

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8715
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: MLB 2018

Post by BostonBeaneater » 12 Oct 2018, 9:24am

Roberto Clemente's last game was 46 years ago last night. He was voted into the HOF with 92.7% of the ballot the following Spring. At least 7.8% of the voters were assholes who hated baseball.

Image
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 77318
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla » 12 Oct 2018, 9:40am

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Oct 2018, 9:24am
Roberto Clemente's last game was 46 years ago last night. He was voted into the HOF with 92.7% of the ballot the following Spring. At least 7.8% of the voters were assholes who hated baseball.

Image
Great ballplayer, even greater human being. He was as complete a baseball player as you can imagine—he just did everything extraordinarily well.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tepista and 10 guests