Vintage Videogaming

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Vintage Videogaming

Post by Dr. Medulla » 17 Jul 2016, 4:18pm

Discovered an abandonware copy of Seven Cities of Gold. It's a DOS version that's different from my old C-64 copy, but it's familiar enough. My goal is to prove to B that Europeans had no choice but murder native peoples. :shifty:
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol » 09 Aug 2016, 11:13am

http://www.polygon.com/2016/8/8/1240527 ... ne-archive

AAAUGH! Sonofabitch! Why didn't I hear about this when it was still up?!?! I lost all 6 years of tattered issues from my subscription a decade ago. :angry:

Chuck Mangione
Spitting Image

Post by Chuck Mangione » 03 Sep 2018, 2:43pm

Anyone play Rocket League?

WestwayKid
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by WestwayKid » 07 Feb 2019, 9:17am

The_Dark_Eye_cover_art.jpg
The_Dark_Eye_cover_art.jpg (44.79 KiB) Viewed 44 times
I randomly thought about this game this morning. Think it was from around 1995. It was creepy as hell - weird stop motion animation. Story was based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. The characters looked like they were modeled in clay - weird, exaggerated features. William S. Burroughs did a large chunk of the voice work. Thomas Dolby did the music. It was one of those games that came and went without much notice - not sure how I even picked it up. Probably just happened upon it while browsing the racks at Best Buy. I think I still have it packed away.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority » 07 Feb 2019, 4:02pm

WestwayKid wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 9:17am
hqdefault (1)2.jpg

I randomly thought about this game this morning. Think it was from around 1995. It was creepy as hell - weird stop motion animation. Story was based on the works of Edgar Allan Poe. The characters looked like they were modeled in clay - weird, exaggerated features. William S. Burroughs did a large chunk of the voice work. Thomas Dolby did the music. It was one of those games that came and went without much notice - not sure how I even picked it up. Probably just happened upon it while browsing the racks at Best Buy. I think I still have it packed away.
Wow, had no idea Burroughs did vo work for computer games. Should have arranged a heavily licensed rifle range simulator. Billy Burroughs' William Tell Overture, with his grinning face on the cover, as he gives a thumbs up.
Ain't no man in this land
Who gets up and works for fifty grand

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

WestwayKid
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by WestwayKid » 07 Feb 2019, 4:32pm

Silent Majority wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 4:02pm
WestwayKid wrote:
07 Feb 2019, 9:17am
hqdefault (1)2.jpg

Wow, had no idea Burroughs did vo work for computer games. Should have arranged a heavily licensed rifle range simulator. Billy Burroughs' William Tell Overture, with his grinning face on the cover, as he gives a thumbs up.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love