The Job Search Woes Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: The Job Search Woes Thread

Post by JennyB »

Silent Majority wrote:
Mimi wrote:Congrats, James!
Thanks a lot mate. I've got a nice few guilt free weeks off before I can start as well, which is just ideal.
JennyB wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:I'm really happy to say I got a job in my new city, in a great looking organisation looking after people with learning difficulties. I'm over the moon.
Nice! It sounds like a very worthy organization. Wonderful news! Where did you move, btw?
About two hours north, to Birmingham. I have a house now, which I never ever could have afforded to rent in London. Two bedrooms upstairs. I - no exaggeration - couldn't afford a room in a shared flat for what this lovely nineteenth century house with a garden costs me. I was spending £700 to share with some terrible people in the capital and I'm now spending £550 to have all this space to myself. Heaven.
Amazing. And potential for Black Sabbath sightings? :)
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Silent Majority wrote:
Thanks a lot mate. I've got a nice few guilt free weeks off before I can start as well, which is just ideal.
JennyB wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:I'm really happy to say I got a job in my new city, in a great looking organisation looking after people with learning difficulties. I'm over the moon.
Nice! It sounds like a very worthy organization. Wonderful news! Where did you move, btw?
About two hours north, to Birmingham. I have a house now, which I never ever could have afforded to rent in London. Two bedrooms upstairs. I - no exaggeration - couldn't afford a room in a shared flat for what this lovely nineteenth century house with a garden costs me. I was spending £700 to share with some terrible people in the capital and I'm now spending £550 to have all this space to myself. Heaven.
Wow. That's amazing. Congrats for that.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Congratulations, James!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Have you been to the Two Tone museum yet? I didn't have time on my last trip unfortunately.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

How many cities are there in Ireland? Did you move from Drunkton to Lushville, or the other way around?
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

tepista wrote:How many cities are there in Ireland? Did you move from Drunkton to Lushville, or the other way around?
You'll find all you need in Limerick.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Kudos to you, James!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Great news, Maj!

JohnS
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JohnS »

Well done, sir, and good luck. It sounds like you're working in a very admirable job (a cousin of mine does something similar and loves every day of it)
I quite understand the appeal of escaping the property stranglehold of London and finding somewhere great to live, too.
Hope all goes well
Ignore Alien Hors d'oeuvres

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Way to go James.

BostonBeaneater

I just moved back to Boston in March and quickly found myself a tidy little consulting gig that pays just enough but lacks all the nice little benefits that help me sleep at night. So, I have been putting feelers out and trying to find the next best thing. Something will come along.

What makes my brain implode is the fact that this shitheel has made a career out of being a shitheel.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 11:35am
I just moved back to Boston in March and quickly found myself a tidy little consulting gig that pays just enough but lacks all the nice little benefits that help me sleep at night. So, I have been putting feelers out and trying to find the next best thing. Something will come along.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 11:45am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
It's fucking great. I work Monday through Thursday and just make problems I can solve and then fix them. I would, however, like to go to a dentist again someday.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:

What makes my brain implode is the fact that this shitheel has made a career out of being a shitheel.

Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 11:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Jul 2018, 11:45am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
It's fucking great. I work Monday through Thursday and just make problems I can solve and then fix them. I would, however, like to go to a dentist again someday.

You're a good kind of Randian parasite!
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft