MLB 2017

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: MLB 2017

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 9:15am
I hate the Yankees
Not as much as i love the Yankees giving tbe Sox and their ace a good ol' fashioned beat down.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 2:49pm
Agreed its definitely different, had the 2004 ALCS occurred back in the 70s i would have cried like a baby. No it isn't the same either in that i dont have a burning hatred for any of the current sox players that i had for the teams of the 70s through the oughts. I just lile the fact that there's the electricity again when they play and sure thats related to them being in 1st/2nd place but thats really what it takes for both t eams to be playing meaningful games. And hey its okay to be drink at this time of dayy because its labor day.
Of the current group of young Yankees, the only one I dislike is Sanchez. Seems like an asshole, plus he adds an hour to every game because he needs to go to the mound every third pitch. Christ, let the pitcher call the game if you can't do it, you moron. I like Judge—he's a humble kid with terrifying power. Even tho he's hit a really bad patch, every time he's up you know he could take one out of the entire stadium. That's just plain fun. Mind you, with his size, he's going to have injury problems, especially if they're going to keep him in the outfield.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 3:15pm
revbob wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 2:49pm
Agreed its definitely different, had the 2004 ALCS occurred back in the 70s i would have cried like a baby. No it isn't the same either in that i dont have a burning hatred for any of the current sox players that i had for the teams of the 70s through the oughts. I just lile the fact that there's the electricity again when they play and sure thats related to them being in 1st/2nd place but thats really what it takes for both t eams to be playing meaningful games. And hey its okay to be drink at this time of dayy because its labor day.
Of the current group of young Yankees, the only one I dislike is Sanchez. Seems like an asshole, plus he adds an hour to every game because he needs to go to the mound every third pitch. Christ, let the pitcher call the game if you can't do it, you moron. I like Judge—he's a humble kid with terrifying power. Even tho he's hit a really bad patch, every time he's up you know he could take one out of the entire stadium. That's just plain fun. Mind you, with his size, he's going to have injury problems, especially if they're going to keep him in the outfield.
I like Dirty Sanchez just fine. I havent watched enough games to see what youre talking about. I know what you mean about Judge and im trying to think of guys of a similar size and the only one I can recall is Dave Winfield but according to baseballreference.com Judge has 60 pounds on Winfield. I cant think of another baseball player who was that big.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I'm actually thinking the White Sox might have both a fun young team and a competent booth in the next few years. I honestly can't bring myself to hate them like I usually do.

Thankfully the Cardinals remain The Fucking Worst.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I know all of John Sterling's home run calls are pretty awful bit i just heard the one for Starlin Castro that made me yearn for the A bomb from A rod call.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 3:34pm
I know what you mean about Judge and im trying to think of guys of a similar size and the only one I can recall is Dave Winfield but according to baseballreference.com Judge has 60 pounds on Winfield. I cant think of another baseball player who was that big.
Height and weight, I can't think of one either. He's just a massive football player in a baseball uniform. He's a good fielder so I can see why he's out there, but long term, to cut down the wear and tear on a big body like that, he has to switch to DH or 1B. He could end up a 500-homer guy or someone who spends as much time on the DL as the field.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
04 Sep 2017, 3:38pm
I'm actually thinking the White Sox might have both a fun young team and a competent booth in the next few years. I honestly can't bring myself to hate them like I usually do.

Thankfully the Cardinals remain The Fucking Worst.
Finally sealing Hawk up in a barrel and throwing him into a volcano will make the White Sox immensely more appealing. Even when he isn't calling the game, there's a stink there that makes the team unpleasant. Maybe they also have to ditch Stone to complete the exorcism.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Cool that someone found a Time machine to the 2011 season. Kill me now.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Counterpoint: This has been a spectacularly lousy hitting Sox team, especially with RISP. Maybe that means they're even more inept than I seem, I dunno.

But if they're guilty, don't complain about the punishment, and anyone in on it should get canned, traded, or released.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Inder wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 4:50pm
Red Sox team consultant Bill Belichick could not be reached for comment

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

remember the old days when it was white t shirts.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

tepista wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 5:40pm
remember the old days when it was white t shirts.
The Man in White!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Haha

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Inder wrote:
05 Sep 2017, 5:52pm
Haha

Yeah because otherwise he probably wouldn't have even heard about it.