IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Re: IMCT Celebrity Death Pool 2018

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Bush The Elder follows single point of light.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 1:01am
HOW THE FUCK DID I NOT HAVE HIM ON MY LIST
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Flex wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 1:22am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 1:01am
HOW THE FUCK DID I NOT HAVE HIM ON MY LIST
A man has died! And that’s going to have to be good enough.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Spiff
Mostly Nekkid

Post by Spiff »

Only Rat Patrol scored points for this American, nay, global, tragedy.

Huzzah! Six points for Ratty!
Let fury have the hour, anger can be power
D'you know that you can use it?

-- There's no fairytale ending with cocaine.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

A New England Yankee Republican who consistently agreed to be worse and worse to gain power. I hope Willie Horton is allowed to attend the funeral.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Vox's worshipful obit for HW is repulsive and exactly what you'd expect from the centrist dem brand.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 9:47am
Vox's worshipful obit for HW is repulsive and exactly what you'd expect from the centrist dem brand.
Liberals always admire Republicans who are no longer in power. Conservatives have the decency to maintain their zealous hatred of others to the grave.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Spiff wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 4:32am
Only Rat Patrol scored points for this American, nay, global, tragedy.

Huzzah! Six points for Ratty!
EAT IT LIKE A JAPANESE PRIME MINISTER'S LOINS, FUCKERS! :fuck:

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 7:51am
A New England Yankee Republican who consistently agreed to be worse and worse to gain power. I hope Willie Horton is allowed to attend the funeral.
Other than begetting W, what are his worst crimes? Other than aforementioned race baiting.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 10:22am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Other than begetting W, what are his worst crimes? Other than aforementioned race baiting.
Start by asking the descendents of folks killed by the South American death squads while he was CIA director and go from there. . .

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Rat Patrol wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 10:29am
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Start by asking the descendents of folks killed by the South American death squads while he was CIA director and go from there. . .
Oh right, he was head of CIA during their (hopefully) most meddling/human rights ignoring.

He is the first president I remember. So that’s something?
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

matedog wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 10:32am
Rat Patrol wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Oh right, he was head of CIA during their (hopefully) most meddling/human rights ignoring.

War on drugs militarization of the civil sphere really took off under him. And amping up America's post-Cold War misadventures in, among other places, the Middle East. That subsequent presidents have accelerated those trends further (and, to be clear, he was following those before him) is somehow interpreted as making him more noble, rather than just an earlier link in a chain of shitheads.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 11:46am
matedog wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
matedog wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

War on drugs militarization of the civil sphere really took off under him. And amping up America's post-Cold War misadventures in, among other places, the Middle East. That subsequent presidents have accelerated those trends further (and, to be clear, he was following those before him) is somehow interpreted as making him more noble, rather than just an earlier link in a chain of shitheads.
Yeah, he mainstreamed that shit for Democrats in a way Reagan didn't quite. I guarantee when the rabid water rabbit comes to get its revenge on Carter that he won't get half the hagiography we're going to see in the next few days.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 12:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
matedog wrote:

Yeah, he mainstreamed that shit for Democrats in a way Reagan didn't quite. I guarantee when the rabid water rabbit comes to get its revenge on Carter that he won't get half the hagiography we're going to see in the next few days.
Carter made the mistake of being a pretty decent person after leaving the White House. Bad career move, Jim, it makes you look like a flip-flopper.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Rat Patrol wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 12:11pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
matedog wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
matedog wrote:

It's already in high gear. My FB feed is full of tributes to him...
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble