MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Wolter »

WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK?!? THE CUBS JUST WON A GAME 4-3 ON A WALKOFF GRAND SLAM!!!
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Wolter wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 11:05pm
It was a pretty epic inning. In between shots of an elderly Bill Murray there was some great baseball.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 11:18pm
Wolter wrote:
12 Aug 2018, 11:05pm
It was a pretty epic inning. In between shots of an elderly Bill Murray there was some great baseball.
This is going to be on every Cubs hype reel for years.

”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Totally glorious, agony and ecstasy of sports kinda stuff that the Wide World of Sports intro claimed. And the symbolic proof that the Nats ain't making the postseason this year.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 6:44am
Totally glorious, agony and ecstasy of sports kinda stuff that the Wide World of Sports intro claimed. And the symbolic proof that the Nats ain't making the postseason this year.
I’m not going to pretend I was above reading the salty replies to their twitter account last night.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 10:38am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I’m not going to pretend I was above reading the salty replies to their twitter account last night.
Did any of them snarl about Bote's classless bat flip and disrespectful celebration while running around the bases? Playing the game the right way should have involved keeping his head down and sombering jogging around the bases, followed by a small glass of 2% milk at home.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 12:28pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Did any of them snarl about Bote's classless bat flip and disrespectful celebration while running around the bases? Playing the game the right way should have involved keeping his head down and sombering jogging around the bases, followed by a small glass of 2% milk at home.
Actually, no! They’re a pretty decent fan base, and largely turned their anger inwards.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 3:59pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
13 Aug 2018, 12:28pm
Wolter wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Actually, no! They’re a pretty decent fan base, and largely turned their anger inwards.
Good lord, the Expos spirit lives on. (Complete with that serious nutpunch of a loss—total Expos move. Following the Expos as a kid prepped me well for being a Red Sox fan, pre-2004.)

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Im pretty sure the Yankees are done at this point. Severino is struggling mightily. The Mets are a shit team and they wiped their asses with him. If he cant l turn it around quick forget it. Gimpy CC is now their best pitcher. Time to plan for next year.

Yes I have been drinking (a safe bet these days).

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 12:02am
Im pretty sure the Yankees are done at this point. Severino is struggling mightily. The Mets are a shit team and they wiped their asses with him. If he cant l turn it around quick forget it. Gimpy CC is now their best pitcher. Time to plan for next year.

Enh, too soon to think that. A team that should finish with around 100 wins aren't chumps. But if Severino is spent, the Yankees aren't going deep against the current constellation of playoff teams. Also, Black Sabbathia is on the DL now.

Still, with only a 2 game lead over Oakland and 4.5 over Seattle, missing the postseason altogether, while not likely, becomes a real possibility.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 6:31am
revbob wrote:

Enh, too soon to think that. A team that should finish with around 100 wins aren't chumps. But if Severino is spent, the Yankees aren't going deep against the current constellation of playoff teams. Also, Black Sabbathia is on the DL now.

Still, with only a 2 game lead over Oakland and 4.5 over Seattle, missing the postseason altogether, while not likely, becomes a real possibility.
The starting pitching just isn't there and most of their bats are cooling down too.

I had this discussion with a friend/Sox fan back in late May. Severino was still hot but with CC at number 2 and an impending DL candidate I couldn't see them shutting down a strong offense in a long series. I don't think the pitchers they've picked up getting the job done.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 7:10am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Aug 2018, 6:31am
revbob wrote:

The starting pitching just isn't there and most of their bats are cooling down too.

I had this discussion with a friend/Sox fan back in late May. Severino was still hot but with CC at number 2 and an impending DL candidate I couldn't see them shutting down a strong offense in a long series. I don't think the pitchers they've picked up getting the job done.
I think both Flex and I argued that before the season started—the Yankees had enough firepower to stomp on the boobs in the regular season, but the pitching was suspect come the postseason. Boston is better placed in that regard, but Houston's better yet (haven't followed Cleveland, so maybe Kluber and Schilling, Jr. are enough there, too).

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Yowzers! So, looking to get together with my nephew, his wife, and kids for a ball game here in the next little bit. I look up the schedule and 3 September is Expos Day—several former Expos appearing—and none other than Bill fucking Lee is the starting pitcher for Ottawa. Yee + haw!