MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla »

One of the best ABs I've ever seen in terms of narrative tension, capping what turned out to be a crazy 46-pitch inning for Happ. As if I needed confirmation of Mookie being my favourite current Red Sox player. The kid is just an overload of skill and joy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

hahahaha

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I had an irrational dislike of Mussina because of that drinking bird maneuver he did before throwing a pitch.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

I fucking love watching Javy Baez play baseball.

Edit: aside from the obvious, the way he taps back in the second base bag after the slide.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

MLB 2018 is testing me.

I'm starting to think this might not be our year.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Whenever I see Tyler Clippard get into a game, I wonder how bad a guy has to be not to find work as a reliever.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 4:44pm
Whenever I see Tyler Clippard get into a game, I wonder how bad a guy has to be not to find work as a reliever.
I think of pneumatic valves and solenoids and then am happy that he is no longer with the Yankees.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 5:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Jul 2018, 4:44pm
I think of pneumatic valves and solenoids and then am happy that he is no longer with the Yankees.
I have to believe every fanbase has that feeling after he moves on.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Hey hey. First place.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 1:55am
:lol:

Firing a good white man like Matheny just shows that the liberal insurrection has begun. Get your guns, everyone!

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Wolter wrote:
15 Jul 2018, 1:55am
That's fucking hysterical. :lol:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

I’ve seen Girardi mentioned a few times, and not only will he be the same sort of hardass that players were already having trouble with, if he doesn’t do well, his being an ex-Cub will send Cardinals fans into conspiracy rage.

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Wolter wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 11:07am
I’ve seen Girardi mentioned a few times, and not only will he be the same sort of hardass that players were already having trouble with, if he doesn’t do well, his being an ex-Cub will send Cardinals fans into conspiracy rage.
Girardi isn't moving from New York until his youngest is graduated from high school and off to college. Expiration of his Yankees contract was buffered by a year around the kids, so it was always expected that he'd take 1-2 years off in-between jobs to do broadcasting then take his pick of job openings judiciously. He's not in-play at all this very moment.

Second, Girardi has no patience for organizational dysfunction after his batshit MoY year with the Marlins when Loria was lighting fires all around him. The Cards are fucked up and infighting several levels deep into the front office. By luxury of being able to wait that's exactly the opening he's most likely to avoid. If he interviews with anyone this year it'll be because he wants to hear from a FO that's got a compelling master plan. That's not Jortsville...or Baltimore, or the Mets right now.

And yeah, he's a hardass. But the Matheny comparisons stop there. Girardi is empirically one of the 5 best managers in the game and it took a full decade to burn himself out of a singular pressure cooker of a market. Matheny is an end-stage meth head's idea of what a go-getter sounds like.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Rat Patrol wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 2:11pm
Wolter wrote:
16 Jul 2018, 11:07am
Girardi isn't moving from New York until his youngest is graduated from high school and off to college. Expiration of his Yankees contract was buffered by a year around the kids, so it was always expected that he'd take 1-2 years off in-between jobs to do broadcasting then take his pick of job openings judiciously. He's not in-play at all this very moment.

Second, Girardi has no patience for organizational dysfunction after his batshit MoY year with the Marlins when Loria was lighting fires all around him. The Cards are fucked up and infighting several levels deep into the front office. By luxury of being able to wait that's exactly the opening he's most likely to avoid. If he interviews with anyone this year it'll be because he wants to hear from a FO that's got a compelling master plan. That's not Jortsville...or Baltimore, or the Mets right now.

And yeah, he's a hardass. But the Matheny comparisons stop there. Girardi is empirically one of the 5 best managers in the game and it took a full decade to burn himself out of a singular pressure cooker of a market. Matheny is an end-stage meth head's idea of what a go-getter sounds like.
Oh, he’s orders of magnitude brighter than Matheny, who makes Dusty look like Earl Weaver. I just suspect the solution of “more hardassed” is the only arrow they have in the quiver.