MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: MLB 2018

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 4:34pm
revbob wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 4:23pm
Its nice that he was able to retire before his skills experienced a sharp decline causing Sox fans to run him out of town.
:disshame: I'd love to tell you go fuck yourself, but I can imagine just such a scenario.
They actually did light the torches during a slump, but he came out of it. Short memory.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 4:42pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 4:23pm
Its nice that he was able to retire before his skills experienced a sharp decline causing Sox fans to run him out of town.
:disshame: I'd love to tell you go fuck yourself, but I can imagine just such a scenario.
They actually did light the torches during a slump, but he came out of it. Short memory.
Racism encourages lesser peoples to improve. /rebelyell
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Never seen this before: Brewer starter Miley gives up a lead-off walk in the bottom of the first … and gets pulled. Gotta figure that was the strategy all along, but weird.

edit: Ah, okay, apparently they've done this before. The ploy was to get the Dodgers to set their line-up for a lefty, then bring in the righty. That's, like, video game stuff.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 5:22pm
Never seen this before: Brewer starter Miley gives up a lead-off walk in the bottom of the first … and gets pulled. Gotta figure that was the strategy all along, but weird.
I'm not watching, i'm at work not drinking just like the westway kid, but Counsil keeps strating lefties then pull them instantly so Roberts will start all righties, then use up his whole bench by the 3rd inning. this is like the 3rd time he did it this series.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Anyway, had the Brewers pulled it off last night they'd punch their ticket, obviously, but i think the momentum swing favors the shit-fuck Dodgers too much.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 5:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'm not watching, i'm at work not drinking just like the westway kid, but Counsil keeps strating lefties then pull them instantly so Roberts will start all righties, then use up his whole bench by the 3rd inning. this is like the 3rd time he did it this series.
Unwritten rules goons are gonna break Counsell's legs.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

tepista wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 4:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 4:33pm
Sigh. Game 5 4 PM CST start today. I have to work late. The positive is that I get to listen to Bob Uecker call it on the radio...but I hate watching/listening to big baseball games by myself. I get to wound up and being at work I can't drink. Oh well. If the Brewers can pull off a win it's all good and I'll pound a few when I get home! Play ball!!
What are you, a nun? :crazy:
Is Judge Kavanaugh aware of this?
Does he like to assault nuns too?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 5:52pm
tepista wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 5:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Unwritten rules goons are gonna break Counsell's legs.
Or Chase Utley and Manny Machado can.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

tepista wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 4:40pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 4:33pm
Sigh. Game 5 4 PM CST start today. I have to work late. The positive is that I get to listen to Bob Uecker call it on the radio...but I hate watching/listening to big baseball games by myself. I get to wound up and being at work I can't drink. Oh well. If the Brewers can pull off a win it's all good and I'll pound a few when I get home! Play ball!!
What are you, a nun? :crazy:
Is Judge Kavanaugh aware of this?
I know Judge...I mean Justice Kavanaugh likes to drink beer...but even if I could drink beer right now...I don't think I'd like to drink beer with him! :mrgreen:
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 6:05pm

I know Judge...I mean Justice Kavanaugh likes to drink beer...but even if I could drink beer right now...I don't think I'd like to drink beer with him! :mrgreen:
What I meant was that if he was aware that you were not allowed to drink on the job that he might change the law in your favor. I don't think he'd like to drink with you either unless your name is Biff or Skippy.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

edit: Ah, okay, apparently they've done this before. The ploy was to get the Dodgers to set their line-up for a lefty, then bring in the righty. That's, like, video game stuff.
Guess he's looking for any angle going up against Kershaw.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

tepista wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 6:07pm
WestwayKid wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 6:05pm

What I meant was that if he was aware that you were not allowed to drink on the job that he might change the law in your favor. I don't think he'd like to drink with you either unless your name is Biff or Skippy.
...or Tobin?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 6:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:

There's an old cliche that managers don't win games, they can only lose them by being too clever (see: LaRussa, T.), but when your bullpen is so good, it seems a decent move. Especially when you're burning Wade Miley rather than, like, a DeGrom.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 6:14pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

There's an old cliche that managers don't win games, they can only lose them by being too clever (see: LaRussa, T.), but when your bullpen is so good, it seems a decent move. Especially when you're burning Wade Miley rather than, like, a DeGrom.
"Bullpenning" is a SABR thing though. But yeah, it's based on not having Roger Clemens/Tom Glavine/Madison Buttgaurder/etc to lean on.

What I worry in this case is they just did it successfully 12 hours ago, now all the same guys are expected to have equally brilliant outings today?

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

tepista wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 6:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Oct 2018, 6:14pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

"Bullpenning" is a SABR thing though. But yeah, it's based on not having Roger Clemens/Tom Glavine/Madison Buttgaurder/etc to lean on.

What I worry in this case is they just did it successfully 12 hours ago, now all the same guys are expected to have equally brilliant outings today?
That is worrisome. They're leaning on the bullpen a lot - and it's kept them in games...especially considering the top of the lineup is not hitting like it should.