MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Re: MLB 2018

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 7:38pm
Wolter wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 7:34pm
tepista wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 6:59pm
revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 6:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 4:52pm

Ha! Ottawa has a team in that league. That fuckface Eric Gagne pitched for them late last year. I thought about going to one of those games to boo him for being such a useless numbnuts in 2007.
The Boulders home field is about 10 min from my mom's house. I should try and catch a game down there sometime.
i actually just got invited to a game next saturday at lake elsinore, it will be my first minor league game
As someone who didn’t grow up in a major market city, this just blew my mind.
Yeah I haven't been in a major market area since 2004.
one time I was in Corpus Christie with my wife and we drove past Whattaburger Stadium and I said PLEASE CAN WE GO and she said yeah but then we found out the team was on the road that week. boo. I don't travel that much so i don't really have that much opprtunites to see stadiums, major or minor.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 7:38pm
Wolter wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 7:34pm
tepista wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 6:59pm
revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 6:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 4:52pm

Ha! Ottawa has a team in that league. That fuckface Eric Gagne pitched for them late last year. I thought about going to one of those games to boo him for being such a useless numbnuts in 2007.
The Boulders home field is about 10 min from my mom's house. I should try and catch a game down there sometime.
i actually just got invited to a game next saturday at lake elsinore, it will be my first minor league game
As someone who didn’t grow up in a major market city, this just blew my mind.
Yeah I haven't been in a major market area since 2004.
I went to exactly 3 major league games before I moved to Chicago in 2004. But I saw minor league games all the time in the 80s and 90s.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

I'm hoping Montreal can get a team again. Of course I'd then need to find someone to go to games with as my wife and son don't care and most people I associate with aren't into baseball either.

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

(Despite the screen name, I don’t follow this guy, and it was retweeted by a Blue Jays fan)
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
10 Jun 2018, 8:14pm
I'm hoping Montreal can get a team again. Of course I'd then need to find someone to go to games with as my wife and son don't care and most people I associate with aren't into baseball either.
Assuming I'm still here if/when that happens, you've got ol' Medulla! A train ride to Mor-ee-all would be super quick for me.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Wolter

Post by Wolter »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 10:32am
revbob wrote:
Assuming I'm still here if/when that happens, you've got ol' Medulla! A train ride to Mor-ee-all would be super quick for me.
If Montreal gets a team, I will root for them on principle.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 10:35am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 10:32am
revbob wrote:
If Montreal gets a team, I will root for them on principle.
But which principle?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

Inder wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 9:40am
On the plus side, tep, he has a lot of leg ligaments left to harvest for the 2nd & 3rd visits to Dr. Andrews in '21 and '22.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Rat Patrol wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 11:22am
Inder wrote:
11 Jun 2018, 9:40am
On the plus side, tep, he has a lot of leg ligaments left to harvest for the 2nd & 3rd visits to Dr. Andrews in '21 and '22.
Following an on-air report from ESPN’s Pedro Gomez in which Gomez suggested that Angels ace Shohei Ohtani “probably will need Tommy John surgery,” Halos GM Billy Eppler opposed the notion in a statement to Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic (Twitter links).

“There have been no changes in Ohtani’s diagnosis and neither our physicians nor medical staff have recommended (Tommy John surgery) or said it’s likely,” said Eppler on Monday.

As with any UCL injury, of course, the possibility remains that surgical repair will ultimately be proven necessary. Notably, Eppler doesn’t definitively state that Ohtani will not require Tommy John surgery, likely because he and the team’s medical staff genuinely do not know whether Ohtani will avoid surgery at this point. When the Angels made the announcement that Ohtani was DL-bound, the team said that he had already received platelet-rich plasma and stem cell injections and would be re-evaluated in three weeks.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Regardless of the on-field success, it still sucks to be a Cubs fan: http://www.nme.com/news/music/pearl-jam ... ns-2337478

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
12 Jun 2018, 3:34pm

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf