MLB 2018

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: MLB 2018

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 11:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 8:10am
Mimi wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 7:49am
Pretty much the only thing I hate about living in MD is not seeing Yankees games like I used to. I'm okay with Orioles and Nats and all, but I want to watch my boys play ball. :cry:
You moved? Congratulations?

If Internet bandwidth isn't an issue, nor of watching on computer, there's always less-legal (read: not legal) streams that you could tap into.
I moved two years ago. It's a good thing.
I remember you talking about possibly moving back to your hometown in Pennsyltucky, but didn't know you'd relocated. Why are you keeping things from me and the kids?!
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 12:03pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Pretty much the only thing I hate about living in MD is not seeing Yankees games like I used to. I'm okay with Orioles and Nats and all, but I want to watch my boys play ball. :cry:

If Internet bandwidth isn't an issue, nor of watching on computer, there's always less-legal (read: not legal) streams that you could tap into.
I remember you talking about possibly moving back to your hometown in Pennsyltucky, but didn't know you'd relocated. Why are you keeping things from me and the kids?!
I lead a double life, yo. Just like Dick Whitman. :shifty:

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Mimi wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 11:53am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 10:02am
Mimi wrote:
I did the team pass for the Red Sox a few years ago. I think it was $90 for the season. It was kinda worth it but frustrating when you consider that the the Yanks will play the O's 20 times and you'll get all of those anyway. Add that to the 30-40 games that will be on national TV and you're almost half covered. I used the reddit streams for the Celtics while I was in Michigan and it worked out pretty well. https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/
If it's on MLB, they block it. Fuckers.
I thought they only did that to local games, like if the Orioles were on MLB they'd block it there.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 12:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 12:03pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I lead a double life, yo. Just like Dick Whitman. :shifty:
Well, very belated congratulations. But, as Dave and I have recommended, pirate streaming is the way to go if you need your Michael Kay fix.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 12:13pm
Mimi wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 11:53am
BostonBeaneater wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 10:02am
Mimi wrote:
I did the team pass for the Red Sox a few years ago. I think it was $90 for the season. It was kinda worth it but frustrating when you consider that the the Yanks will play the O's 20 times and you'll get all of those anyway. Add that to the 30-40 games that will be on national TV and you're almost half covered. I used the reddit streams for the Celtics while I was in Michigan and it worked out pretty well. https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBStreams/
If it's on MLB, they block it. Fuckers.
I thought they only did that to local games, like if the Orioles were on MLB they'd block it there.
I get confused on how it works, but if you're saying the Yankees at O's on MLB, then more than likely, they will block it. I wonder if having satellite is the problem. Hmmm.

I need to be more diligent in finding games. Slacker.

The YES network for DirecTV down here is the premium package and ain't nobody got time for dat.
Last edited by Mimi on 17 Apr 2018, 12:21pm, edited 1 time in total.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

I actually really like mlb.tv. I buy the full deluxe treatment so I can watch other games of interest when I want and get some of the extra features, and the tech and ecosystem is really well built at this point, so I think it's good value for the money (as opposed to NBA and NHL League Passes, which still kinda suck and don't always work correctly). Since I live in Colorado, it's really rare that the Red Sox are on local TV, so that's definitely value added for me. I think the only time I'm actually blacked out of the mlb.tv stream is when the Sox are on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. Since I'm cutting the cord in a few weeks, I have to decide whether to just plan on getting my ESPN needs met at a local bar and/or try a VPN service and/or buy an online television streaming package like sling, directv now, vue, etc. Probably the first two.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 12:19pm
I actually really like mlb.tv. I buy the full deluxe treatment so I can watch other games of interest when I want and get some of the extra features, and the tech and ecosystem is really well built at this point, so I think it's good value for the money (as opposed to NBA and NHL League Passes, which still kinda suck and don't always work correctly). Since I live in Colorado, it's really rare that the Red Sox are on local TV, so that's definitely value added for me. I think the only time I'm actually blacked out of the mlb.tv stream is when the Sox are on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball. Since I'm cutting the cord in a few weeks, I have to decide whether to just plan on getting my ESPN needs met at a local bar and/or try a VPN service and/or buy an online television streaming package like sling, directv now, vue, etc. Probably the first two.
I do the Red Sox-only option now. I realized that I just wasn't watching many non-Sox games. The integration with Apple TV and iPad is solid. And because I'm in Canada, nothing is ever blacked out except games against Toronto (meaning I can stream Fox and ESPN without any problems). VPN would definitely solve that problem for you.

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Mimi wrote:
17 Apr 2018, 12:18pm

I get confused on how it works, but if you're saying the Yankees at O's on MLB, then more than likely, they will block it. I wonder if having satellite is the problem. Hmmm.
Correcto. That has been my experience anyway. I just recommend stealing stuff off of Reddit.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 3:05pm
tepista wrote:
15 Apr 2018, 2:09pm
why are snow cities allowed to have baseball? go play some hockey, you freakin eskimos! Good news is my Red Sox ticket for tuesday increases in value because Othani's pitching.
He ain't pitchin' 'gainst Oakland this time, Spielberg.
*bump, chump*

Boddington
Junco Partner

Post by Boddington »

Mookie Betts.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Boddington wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 10:42am
Mookie Betts.

Pex Lives!

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Ahem, Luke "Elite Slugger" Maile.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

West coast games are always on way too late for me. If youse guys watched, how'd Price look? The team line of 1 run and 4 hits suggests good, but just wondering whether there looked to be anything lingering from that tingling hand issue of the last start.

Flex

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Apr 2018, 11:43am
West coast games are always on way too late for me. If youse guys watched, how'd Price look? The team line of 1 run and 4 hits suggests good, but just wondering whether there looked to be anything lingering from that tingling hand issue of the last start.
I only tuned in to catch the tail end of his start but he seemed - duh - markedly better. Maybe Bodds caught more of it.

Pex Lives!

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

that was the worst game i ever went to.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach