MLB 2019

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78301
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 02 Jan 2019, 8:51pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 6:34pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 8:46am
Kudos to the Yankees for improving the quality of their DL this season.
They need a Proven Veteran™ in Tampa to look for the desiccated remains of Jacoby Ellsbury underneath the Legends Field bleachers.
Are we 100% sure it was Stephen Hawking who died?
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Mimi
User avatar
Goddess of the Underworld
Posts: 5370
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:36pm
Location: Down in the pit

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Mimi » 03 Jan 2019, 6:28pm

Yankees already did a dumb and let David Robertson go. Again.

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78301
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 06 Jan 2019, 5:02pm

Endut! Hoch Hech!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78301
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 07 Jan 2019, 4:21pm

For those wondering, Trevor Bauer is still an immature stain: https://deadspin.com/trevor-bauer-has-b ... 1831545503
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26438
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Flex » 07 Jan 2019, 4:26pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 5:02pm
Pirates' FO gets scrappy: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2019/01/ ... ffice.html
new pirates slogan "SARs* - contract it!"

*scrapitude above replacement
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78301
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 15 Jan 2019, 5:38pm

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/former ... 39268.html

Super-Christian (meaning, more moral than you, you fucking heathen atheist) John Wetteland arrested for sexually abusing a kid.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Wolter
User avatar
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen
Posts: 50728
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:59pm
Location: ¡HOLIDAY RO-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-O-OAD!
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Wolter » 15 Jan 2019, 8:04pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
15 Jan 2019, 5:38pm
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/former ... 39268.html

Super-Christian (meaning, more moral than you, you fucking heathen atheist) John Wetteland arrested for sexually abusing a kid.
What a surprise. A moralizing asshole turns out to be a hypocrite and a monster.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Rat Patrol
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 15375
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 9:23pm
Location: A flat burning junkheap for twenty square miles

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Rat Patrol » 16 Jan 2019, 12:06am

You know who else was a screeching-harpy white Christian moralist who turned out to be a lowlife pederast? Chad Curtis...who was Wetteland's teammate in self-righteousness on the Rangers. And is now in his 4th year of incarceration, with 2 to go before he gets a crack at parole.

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/how ... efs-040714
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78301
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 16 Jan 2019, 7:24am

That piece reminds me of watching a Yankees game on YES a number of years ago. Michael Kay started quizzing Cone and O'Neill about salty locker room talk, that boys being boys stuff and how some players didn't go for it. Cone, not missing a beat, deadpanned, "I don't have any friends who don't swear."
Endut! Hoch Hech!

revbob
User avatar
Unknown Immortal
Posts: 7202
Joined: 16 Jun 2008, 12:31pm
Location: The Frozen Tundra
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by revbob » 16 Jan 2019, 8:18pm

Rat Patrol wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 12:06am
You know who else was a screeching-harpy white Christian moralist who turned out to be a lowlife pederast? Chad Curtis...who was Wetteland's teammate in self-righteousness on the Rangers. And is now in his 4th year of incarceration, with 2 to go before he gets a crack at parole.

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/how ... efs-040714
There was another article linked in there that gets into the details more...pretty ugly. Lenny Dykstra seems like a saint in comparison to that asshole Curtis.

BostonBeaneater
User avatar
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel
Posts: 8853
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 7:24pm
Location: Between the moon and New York City

Re: MLB 2019

Post by BostonBeaneater » 17 Jan 2019, 11:37pm

revbob wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 8:18pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
16 Jan 2019, 12:06am
You know who else was a screeching-harpy white Christian moralist who turned out to be a lowlife pederast? Chad Curtis...who was Wetteland's teammate in self-righteousness on the Rangers. And is now in his 4th year of incarceration, with 2 to go before he gets a crack at parole.

https://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/how ... efs-040714
There was another article linked in there that gets into the details more...pretty ugly. Lenny Dykstra seems like a saint in comparison to that asshole Curtis.
I think I’d rather hang out with Dyksta.
Image

Dr. Medulla
User avatar
Atheistic Epileptic
Posts: 78301
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:00pm
Location: Nerdo Crombezia
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Dr. Medulla » 21 Jan 2019, 9:27am

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/presid ... 58161.html

I, too, now wish to endorse several candidates for the 2018 elections.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1795
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: MLB 2019

Post by WestwayKid » 21 Jan 2019, 11:30am

Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2019, 9:27am
https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/presid ... 58161.html

I, too, now wish to endorse several candidates for the 2018 elections.
I'd like to endorse Curt Schilling's entry into the loony bin...
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Flex
User avatar
Mechano-Man of the Future
Posts: 26438
Joined: 15 Jun 2008, 2:50pm
Location: The Information Superhighway!
Contact:

Re: MLB 2019

Post by Flex » 21 Jan 2019, 12:30pm

Curt's the exact example of why there's a character clause in HoF voting: borderline candidate who needs a tiebreaker on whether to get over the line or not. And his character suggests... not.
YOU MADE ONE MISTAKE, LENNON, YOU DOUBLE CROSSED MIKE LOVE AND LEFT HIM ALIVE

Sous les pavés, la plage.

Pex Lives!

WestwayKid
User avatar
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer
Posts: 1795
Joined: 20 Sep 2017, 8:22am
Location: Mill-e-wah-que

Re: MLB 2019

Post by WestwayKid » 22 Jan 2019, 4:32pm

People are losing their minds in Milwaukee today with the announcement that American Family Insurance (also a Wisconsin based company) has purchased the naming rights for Miller Park - which will obviously now no longer be called Miller Park after the 2020 season.

Personally (and said as a lifelong Brewer fan), I could care less what they call the park. I care about the product they put on the field and the same people who are now launching petitions are probably the same people griping that the team doesn't spend more. Milwaukee is a small market and if AmFam came in with a better offer - I think the team was correct to take their check.

Nostalgia doesn't pay for starting pitching.

Heck...they played in Milwaukee County Stadium for 30 years before moving into their new home at which point the team sold the naming rights to Miller. There is nothing sacred about the name.
"If they believed in a place called Kokomo, then so did I." - Michael Edward Love

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests