Association Football Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Re: Association Football Thread

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 5:29am
Marky Dread wrote:
07 Mar 2019, 5:00am
101Walterton wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 10:43pm
Marky Dread wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 9:49pm
101Walterton wrote:
06 Mar 2019, 8:46pm
I think Ole can resign from his job in Molde 😂
Fantastic result especially considering the players missing including the entire first choice midfield.
Best part was at the end 4 academy players Rashford, McTominnay, Chong and Greenwood all on the pitch plus Pereira played most of the game. With Pogba and Lingard watching from the stands and 2 more academy players on bench that is some future.
I don't know if you are aware of this mate but Ole does not have a contract with Molde.
You sure????
I think he is due back in the summer I read an interview with the owner who said he hopes he doesn't come back..
Yep when he joined MUFC in December it was said he was only on loan but Molde's season had almost finished and he was only contracted til the end of that season in order for Ole to go back he would have to sign a new contract but that's not likely now.
Yep season starts in March and they have a caretaker manager in place who will obviously now be a huge United fan 😂

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I have accepted the choreographed goal celebrations, I don't like them but I have accepted them.
But using props hidden around the ground like Aubameyang putting on a mask and Balotelli filming on a mobile phone??? that too much.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

101Walterton wrote:
14 Mar 2019, 9:13pm
I have accepted the choreographed goal celebrations, I don't like them but I have accepted them.
But using props hidden around the ground like Aubameyang putting on a mask and Balotelli filming on a mobile phone??? that too much.
I'm not aware of the above, but it sounds like the beginning of Baseketball.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 6:43am
101Walterton wrote:
BTW Aubameyang and Balotelli was 2 incidents, Balotelli filmed himself not Aubameyang.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 6:53am
Silent Majority wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 6:43am
101Walterton wrote:
BTW Aubameyang and Balotelli was 2 incidents, Balotelli filmed himself not Aubameyang.
Just stupid. Dancing girls next.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

How can you be picked for England when you have (rightly or wrongly) never been picked by your club?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
25 Mar 2019, 2:47pm
How can you be picked for England when you have (rightly or wrongly) never been picked by your club?
Based on how well you play for the youth team etc.?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Is Messi the best ever?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
05 May 2019, 1:29am
Is Messi the best ever?
Not as good as me back in the day. I've scored way more goals than him using jumpers for goalposts. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 May 2019, 1:55am
101Walterton wrote:
Is Messi the best ever?
Not as good as me back in the day. I've scored way more goals than him using jumpers for goalposts. ;)
You never scored 600 for on team :mrgreen:

I know it is difficult to compare different eras but I find it increasingly difficult to find a reason why Messi isn’t the best of all time!
I don’t go with the argument you have to win the WC. Firstly the ECL is a higher standard of football than the WC so to year in year out be a stand out player in the highest standard of football of all time is more impressive than playing in a great team that wins a WC by having to play 2/3 tough games???
Pele’s record is amazing but I could have won the WC playing in that team. He scored a lot of club goals but against some very age teams and many players that weren’t even full time pros.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
05 May 2019, 2:25am
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Is Messi the best ever?

I know it is difficult to compare different eras but I find it increasingly difficult to find a reason why Messi isn’t the best of all time!
I don’t go with the argument you have to win the WC. Firstly the ECL is a higher standard of football than the WC so to year in year out be a stand out player in the highest standard of football of all time is more impressive than playing in a great team that wins a WC by having to play 2/3 tough games???
Pele’s record is amazing but I could have won the WC playing in that team. He scored a lot of club goals but against some very age teams and many players that weren’t even full time pros.
I think there is a lot of luck involved in football. Messi is a great player for sure and very skilful. But how would he had fared playing for Cardiff ? It's all relevant to who you play for and who plays along side you. Robin Friday was a great player etc....

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 May 2019, 8:17am
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Is Messi the best ever?

I think there is a lot of luck involved in football. Messi is a great player for sure and very skilful. But how would he had fared playing for Cardiff ? It's all relevant to who you play for and who plays along side you. Robin Friday was a great player etc....
That is true there is a lot of luck involved in making it as a junior etc you may lose a Messi at schoolboy / youth level. You only need to look at the players who come through the divisions with a team then thrive in EPL. however the cream will always rise to the top.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
05 May 2019, 3:30pm
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Is Messi the best ever?

That is true there is a lot of luck involved in making it as a junior etc you may lose a Messi at schoolboy / youth level. You only need to look at the players who come through the divisions with a team then thrive in EPL. however the cream will always rise to the top.
Maybe mate. But some players inevitably get lost along the way. The luck is also about which team you initially play for and who you play alongside. If you are in a poor team you may look good but don't get noticed.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
05 May 2019, 3:37pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:

Maybe mate. But some players inevitably get lost along the way. The luck is also about which team you initially play for and who you play alongside. If you are in a poor team you may look good but don't get noticed.
True but that applies to all levels as well. When you see lists of the best all time players George Best isn’t often mentioned however if Northern Ireland had played in the WC finals he would be.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
05 May 2019, 4:07pm
Marky Dread wrote:
05 May 2019, 3:37pm
101Walterton wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
101Walterton wrote:

True but that applies to all levels as well. When you see lists of the best all time players George Best isn’t often mentioned however if Northern Ireland had played in the WC finals he would be.
Oh for sure mate. What I'm getting at is some players simply get better opportunities than others.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia