Whatcha reading?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Whatcha reading?

Post by Kory » 11 Feb 2019, 3:46pm

Wolter wrote:
10 Feb 2019, 10:47pm
The problem here is that you heathens are reading books that aren't the divinely inspired word of God, by which I mean the King James Bible.
Who knew Wolt was going to pull a Dave Sim?
Inder:
Absolutely. Here's another collection of words:

Table salt (spoon hinge)
Octopus (Ukraine)
St. Petersburg (arms)
Ginger beer (cauliflower)
Pat Sajak (PSak)
Lamp post (self evident)
Florida Timeshare (ditto)
Heraclitus (EMI)
Developers (Developers Developers)
Boogie With Your Children

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Feb 2019, 4:01pm

Kory wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 3:46pm
Wolter wrote:
The problem here is that you heathens are reading books that aren't the divinely inspired word of God, by which I mean the King James Bible.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Post by Wolter » 11 Feb 2019, 4:04pm

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 4:01pm
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I’m sick of all of your Voids attempting to consume my Male Light.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 11 Feb 2019, 4:13pm

Wolter wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 4:04pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 4:01pm
Kory wrote:
Wolter wrote:
I’m sick of all of your Voids attempting to consume my Male Light.
Somehow misogynists who invent jargon amplify the creep factor immeasurably.
Endut! Hoch Hech!

Olaf
Unknown Immortal

Post by Olaf » 11 Feb 2019, 5:30pm

Note to self: don't seat Marky next to Jon Savage at the dinner table.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread » 11 Feb 2019, 6:04pm

Olaf wrote:
11 Feb 2019, 5:30pm
Note to self: don't seat Marky next to Jon Savage at the dinner table.
That's not a problem Olaf. As sure as punk is only pub rock sped up Savage would say there was no dinner table.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority » 13 Feb 2019, 6:35pm

7) Andrew Johnson - Annette Gordon-Reed. Kindle. Because there's so little in the way of primary sources, nobody can get close to the piece of shit white supremacist who filled Lincoln's giant shoes. It's likely that Johnson couldn't really write. The country first noticed him as an agitant for the common (white) man. Then he got pissed drunk at his inauguration where he had been chosen, as a Tennessean, to start bringing a wartorn country back together. On assuming office, he immediately set to work trying to make the South identical to how it was in 1859, minus actual chattel slavery. His choices continue to be massively awful for the country he led. The author is best known for the Hemingses of Monticello, and is witty and righteous. More an essay than an actual biography, but as much as anyone would want to read about Andy J.
Ain't no man in this land
Who gets up and works for fifty grand

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Woody Allen

Post by Wolter » 13 Feb 2019, 7:06pm

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 6:35pm
7) Andrew Johnson - Annette Gordon-Reed. Kindle. Because there's so little in the way of primary sources, nobody can get close to the piece of shit white supremacist who filled Lincoln's giant shoes. It's likely that Johnson couldn't really write. The country first noticed him as an agitant for the common (white) man. Then he got pissed drunk at his inauguration where he had been chosen, as a Tennessean, to start bringing a wartorn country back together. On assuming office, he immediately set to work trying to make the South identical to how it was in 1859, minus actual chattel slavery. His choices continue to be massively awful for the country he led. The author is best known for the Hemingses of Monticello, and is witty and righteous. More an essay than an actual biography, but as much as anyone would want to read about Andy J.
Not gonna lie: your review is about as much as I wa t to read about him.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla » 13 Feb 2019, 7:11pm

Silent Majority wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 6:35pm
Really hard to come up with a worse person to inherit the office and the immediate problems than someone like Johnson. But then Lincoln was the exception to the run of absolute knaves throughout most of the nineteenth century.
Endut! Hoch Hech!