IMCT Running Club

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: IMCT Running Club

Post by Kory »

I'm not going today. I was going to, but now I'm not. Somebody tell me it's ok, please.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:I'm not going today. I was going to, but now I'm not. Somebody tell me it's ok, please.
What's your argument against running today? If it's a persuasive argument, skip it. If you're just being lazy, find another priest to absolution from, sinner.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:I'm not going today. I was going to, but now I'm not. Somebody tell me it's ok, please.
What's your argument against running today? If it's a persuasive argument, skip it. If you're just being lazy, find another priest to absolution from, sinner.
OK, I'm going, I'm going.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You're a good skunk.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
You're a good skunk.
I'm glad we have this thread, I wouldn't have gone without it.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Had my running weekend. Did a 5k yesterday for a personal best time of 26:42 and had the half marathon today, coming in at 2:17:49, a few minutes faster than the time I was training for. Very pleased.
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Flex wrote:Had my running weekend. Did a 5k yesterday for a personal best time of 26:42 and had the half marathon today, coming in at 2:17:49, a few minutes faster than the time I was training for. Very pleased.
Well done! (Christ, running for 2+ hours is unfathomable.) So your night time tumble didn't do any serious harm to you.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Flex wrote:Had my running weekend. Did a 5k yesterday for a personal best time of 26:42 and had the half marathon today, coming in at 2:17:49, a few minutes faster than the time I was training for. Very pleased.
Well done! (Christ, running for 2+ hours is unfathomable.) So your night time tumble didn't do any serious harm to you.
Yep well done.

When I was running marathons a female friend of mine (who is a sub 3 hour marathon runner) said she did not know how anyone could run for more than 3 hours and that there was no way she could.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Because this is the last month of the old minimum wage, I've had fuck all money for the bus, meaning I've biked the 12 mile round trip to work the past few days. I'm going to continue even after my bank balance resettles because the exercise high has put an end to what I now realise was a years long mental slump. Not a depression necessarily, but a gloomy, small brained lack of mental energy and unengaged cheerlessness. I feel so damn present, its untrue. It feels as though someone has wiped all the gunk off my brain, leaving only what's actually me left. Coupled with a home I love, a city that's on a scale I'm more capable of dealing with than my overpowering hometown and a job I find rewarding daily despite its poor pay, I'm feeling damn good for maybe the first time in my adult life.

Another thing that's helping with my mental health is working on my green and peaceful allotment. Nature's essential too. Can't wait to eat the food I'm growing. It's a real cocktail of pleasantness right now which I'm grateful for and enjoying as it lasts.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 3:21am
Because this is the last month of the old minimum wage, I've had fuck all money for the bus, meaning I've biked the 12 mile round trip to work the past few days. I'm going to continue even after my bank balance resettles because the exercise high has put an end to what I now realise was a years long mental slump. Not a depression necessarily, but a gloomy, small brained lack of mental energy and unengaged cheerlessness. I feel so damn present, its untrue. It feels as though someone has wiped all the gunk off my brain, leaving only what's actually me left. Coupled with a home I love, a city that's on a scale I'm more capable of dealing with than my overpowering hometown and a job I find rewarding daily despite its poor pay, I'm feeling damn good for maybe the first time in my adult life.

Another thing that's helping with my mental health is working on my green and peaceful allotment. Nature's essential too. Can't wait to eat the food I'm growing. It's a real cocktail of pleasantness right now which I'm grateful for and enjoying as it lasts.
I love the idea of allotments. If I still lived in England I would definitely have one.

Even though when I was a Kid I would cut through the allotments and nick rhubarb on way home from playing football and get my mum to stew up and serve with custard.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

101Walterton wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 5:31am
Silent Majority wrote:

I love the idea of allotments. If I still lived in England I would definitely have one.

Even though when I was a Kid I would cut through the allotments and nick rhubarb on way home from playing football and get my mum to stew up and serve with custard.
Vandal. Thief.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Silent Majority wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 6:30am
101Walterton wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Vandal. Thief.
I'm not proud of it.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

101Walterton wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 6:35am
Silent Majority wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 6:30am
101Walterton wrote:
Silent Majority wrote:

Vandal. Thief.
I'm not proud of it.
Stay off my land

No, in seriousness, I've already learnt that all who grow it want to offload as much rhubarb as possible so you don't need to feel guilty. They give us armfuls of the stuff.

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Silent Majority wrote:

That's great to hear. Physical exercise does generate its own mental cleansing. You don't always get that endorphin rush from it, but it does help clear the mind. Probably no coincidence that I do more productive thinking while working out than just sitting and concentrating. It's also just a good form of self-discipline, forcing your body to leave the comforts of sloth and make it work.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
16 Apr 2017, 8:07am
Silent Majority wrote:

That's great to hear. Physical exercise does generate its own mental cleansing. You don't always get that endorphin rush from it, but it does help clear the mind. Probably no coincidence that I do more productive thinking while working out than just sitting and concentrating. It's also just a good form of self-discipline, forcing your body to leave the comforts of sloth and make it work.
Trouble is when you have finished exercising and you are tired you forget what the good ideas were. The shower is another good place to think and apparently is is because of the 'clean air' you breath. The water from the shower spray removes a lot of the dust and crap so the air is richer in oxygen. For same reason you should run/ walk / ride in first areas if you want to think. More oxygen.
I wonder why scientist etc don't wear oxygen masks?