Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Cute

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

That's great.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Buddy
Attachments
buddy.mp4
(3.43 MiB) Downloaded 73 times

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

We bought a camera to watch the cat while we’re away.
Attachments
FA317686-C4C3-4AD9-B5BF-3C9706E92D98.png

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

It's like he knows you're watching him.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I'd like to announce my victory in the long war with our cat Charlotte's urine. She has the annoying habit of not aiming downward when she pees, so there tends to be some that ends up outside the back of the litter box. Even with the lid on, it seeps between the lid and bottom. I had been countering it by putting some paper towel between, but that was, at best, a partial solution. It still meant the smell of cat pee outside the box until I changed the paper towel each morning. When we got this credenza thing to put the litter box in, it's too cramped for a lid, just the box base, which is problematic because it nullifies the paper towel "solution" and the urine ends up inside the credenza, making a vicious stink and, in time, eating away at the structure.

So, my post-neanderthal brain goes into action and I decide to partially cut up the lid, which was no longer useable in the credenza. I cut off the roof and a bit more, leaving what amounts to extended walls, high enough that there's only a couple centimetres between the top of the credenze and the extended wall litter box—way too high for her to pee over. And to counter the seepage problem, I caulked the extended walls to the base of the box, properly sealing it up. She now pees against the higher back wall, but it stays in the box. And with that, I won the war.

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 9:02am
I'd like to announce my victory in the long war with our cat Charlotte's urine. She has the annoying habit of not aiming downward when she pees, so there tends to be some that ends up outside the back of the litter box. Even with the lid on, it seeps between the lid and bottom. I had been countering it by putting some paper towel between, but that was, at best, a partial solution. It still meant the smell of cat pee outside the box until I changed the paper towel each morning. When we got this credenza thing to put the litter box in, it's too cramped for a lid, just the box base, which is problematic because it nullifies the paper towel "solution" and the urine ends up inside the credenza, making a vicious stink and, in time, eating away at the structure.

So, my post-neanderthal brain goes into action and I decide to partially cut up the lid, which was no longer useable in the credenza. I cut off the roof and a bit more, leaving what amounts to extended walls, high enough that there's only a couple centimetres between the top of the credenze and the extended wall litter box—way too high for her to pee over. And to counter the seepage problem, I caulked the extended walls to the base of the box, properly sealing it up. She now pees against the higher back wall, but it stays in the box. And with that, I won the war.

So you get to assault a woman because you fixed your cat pee? :naughty:

In all seriousness, that's fantastic. I had a cat once who refused to use the litter box for awhile and the smell was, let's say, worse than Hoy's bathroom after a night of eating broccoli.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 9:31am
So you get to assault a woman because you fixed your cat pee? :naughty:
It's romantic, like all litter box solutions!
In all seriousness, that's fantastic. I had a cat once who refused to use the litter box for awhile and the smell was, let's say, worse than Hoy's bathroom after a night of eating broccoli.
Cats, unfortunately, have a lot of ammonia in their urine, which makes for something very toxic. I've also added an open box of baking soda nearby the litter box and that's helped a lot. I love my girls like nothing else, but it's a lot of work countering certain unpleasant qualities.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Sorry, you lost me at "centimetres"

Seriously though, outsmarting a cat is one of the greatest accomplishments us humans can hope to achieve.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JoseUnidos wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 10:16am
Sorry, you lost me at "centimetres"
I refuse to speak down to people. :shifty:
Seriously though, outsmarting a cat is one of the greatest accomplishments us humans can hope to achieve.
Exactly! The Boss doesn't appreciate why I'm so thrilled by this. She thinks it's because I'm the one who cleans the litter box, but this about a rare and unexpected triumph.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:

Congrats.

One of my cats is a flinger. Litter ends up outside of the box, so I found a way to nip that in the bud...for the most part. It still happens, just not so much. I use those big, long plastic storage bins by cutting a squareish doorway on one end. The walls are high -- no litter flinging, no spraying the walls, and it's roomy enough that the cats can move around. It is kinda funny though to watch them scratching at the walls to cover their litter. I don't know either.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 12:02pm
One of my cats is a flinger. Litter ends up outside of the box, so I found a way to nip that in the bud...for the most part. It still happens, just not so much. I use those big, long plastic storage bins by cutting a squareish doorway on one end. The walls are high -- no litter flinging, no spraying the walls, and it's roomy enough that the cats can move around. It is kinda funny though to watch them scratching at the walls to cover their litter. I don't know either.
Our boy Dickens had a habit of occasionally kicking his shit out of the box while attempting to bury it. When I learned of an American Indian group called the Kickapoo, I declared him a member and his full name became Dickens Kickapoo. Some litter box lids have little flaps in the entrance to stop that, but cats have such a sensitivity to pushing something open with the face that I could see it leading to them just not using the box at all.

Mimi

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 12:11pm
Mimi wrote:
Our boy Dickens had a habit of occasionally kicking his shit out of the box while attempting to bury it. When I learned of an American Indian group called the Kickapoo, I declared him a member and his full name became Dickens Kickapoo. Some litter box lids have little flaps in the entrance to stop that, but cats have such a sensitivity to pushing something open with the face that I could see it leading to them just not using the box at all.
Wish we could just leave them out to poop in the neighbor's flowerbed. It would solve all the problems. :shifty:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 12:14pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
24 Oct 2018, 12:11pm
Mimi wrote:
Wish we could just leave them out to poop in the neighbor's flowerbed. It would solve all the problems. :shifty:
The huge number of annoying qualities of cats tells me they must have supernatural powers to persuade us to house them. The ancient Egyptians were right that they're gods.