Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 4:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 4:30pm
Back from the vet. He's negative for feline leukemia and AIDS, but a small bit of flea dirt was found, so flea treatment for everyone! X( But neither B nor I have detected any fleas on us.

He was, as usual, super calm at the vet. He didn't get angry until they had trouble drawing blood. Unneutered cats, we learned, have thicker skin (testosterone). We can't neuter him for ten days, which will, I guess, be enough time to decide whether he's staying. We'll try some supervised visits on Saturday, I imagine.
Would it make a difference whether or not he's neutered with the girls?
Presumably it will alter his perceptions and theirs, but I'm feeling good that he won't be the problem. He met a couple cats (sort of; everyone was in carriers) at the clinic and he didn't bat an eye. It'll be their persnicketiness. But if pre-neutered Luke is accepted, the neutered version will be, too.
"Grab some wood, bub.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 4:54pm
JennyB wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 4:41pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 4:30pm
Back from the vet. He's negative for feline leukemia and AIDS, but a small bit of flea dirt was found, so flea treatment for everyone! X( But neither B nor I have detected any fleas on us.

He was, as usual, super calm at the vet. He didn't get angry until they had trouble drawing blood. Unneutered cats, we learned, have thicker skin (testosterone). We can't neuter him for ten days, which will, I guess, be enough time to decide whether he's staying. We'll try some supervised visits on Saturday, I imagine.
Would it make a difference whether or not he's neutered with the girls?
Presumably it will alter his perceptions and theirs, but I'm feeling good that he won't be the problem. He met a couple cats (sort of; everyone was in carriers) at the clinic and he didn't bat an eye. It'll be their persnicketiness. But if pre-neutered Luke is accepted, the neutered version will be, too.
Luke seems so laid back and awesome.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 5:44pm
He's a hell of a self-promoter. He wasn't happy with being in the cat carrier on the ride back—took a long time after being poked with needles—but got him out and he was immediately in lovey purr mode. No resentment at all. Not only is he a better cat than our girls in most things, he's probably a better person than me!

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 7:48pm
JennyB wrote:
He's a hell of a self-promoter. He wasn't happy with being in the cat carrier on the ride back—took a long time after being poked with needles—but got him out and he was immediately in lovey purr mode. No resentment at all. Not only is he a better cat than our girls in most things, he's probably a better person than me!
<Insert snarky comment demeaning Neil as a person>

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 11:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 7:48pm
JennyB wrote:
<Insert snarky comment demeaning Neil as a person>
'Tis no less than I deserve.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Ugh...I belong to a hamster message board (much like this one!) and they have a memorial page. This adorable hamster named Eros that I have been following just died, and I am totally bawling at work. Animals are so much better than people.
Got a Rake? Sure!

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

JennyB wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 12:00pm
Ugh...I belong to a hamster message board (much like this one!) and they have a memorial page. This adorable hamster named Eros that I have been following just died, and I am totally bawling at work. Animals are so much better than people.
They truly are.
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

Joe.jpg
Joe.jpg (15.52 KiB) Viewed 2508 times
Here is Joe the Cat before he fell down the laundry chute last night. He was fine. Landed in a full laundry basket. He was back upstairs within minutes looking to do it again! He's the little urchin we took in last year. He's got a great personality: very happy-go-lucky and sweet. That made it very easy to decide to keep him!!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 12:11pm
Joe.jpg

Here is Joe the Cat before he fell down the laundry chute last night. He was fine. Landed in a full laundry basket. He was back upstairs within minutes looking to do it again! He's the little urchin we took in last year. He's got a great personality: very happy-go-lucky and sweet. That made it very easy to decide to keep him!!
Awww, he's adorable. Glad he's OK!
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 12:11pm
Joe.jpg

An adorable fucker. And doing that typical cat thing that says they have zero sense. Bless 'em all.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This little bastard really is Cool Hand Luke. We opened the second-floor window of his room maybe four inches to help air it out and he made a jailbreak. The Boss heard a thump but didn't think anything of it until, forty minutes later, she went to check on him. So, a panicked walk in the neighbourhood. I found him about a block away—luckily, he went the opposite of a busy street—and gathered him up. However, while walking back, he freaked out and scratched my face pretty good—just missed my eye, gouging the lower lid instead. He's back in his cell, purring and rolling around on his back again. He's undamaged by his two-story fall, no limp or anything. Christ, this guy …

edit: The top window.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 12:24pm
This little bastard really is Cool Hand Luke. We opened the second-floor window of his room maybe four inches to help air it out and he made a jailbreak. The Boss heard a thump but didn't think anything of it until, forty minutes later, she went to check on him. So, a panicked walk in the neighbourhood. I found him about a block away—luckily, he went the opposite of a busy street—and gathered him up. However, while walking back, he freaked out and scratched my face pretty good—just missed my eye, gouging the lower lid instead. He's back in his cell, purring and rolling around on his back again. He's undamaged by his two-story fall, no limp or anything. Christ, this guy …

Holy shit!

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 12:24pm

Fall? That was a jump.

BostonBeaneater

Buddy and the blanket.
Attachments
5FD45131-7F64-4BBB-9EA6-FAE22E38BD3F.png

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Mimi wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 9:56pm
Holy shit!
Don't underestimate some guys' need to get laid.

edit: We've also figured out he's a Scottish Fold. We didn't realize it because his ears are normal, but his face, eyes, body, and personality are consistent with the Scottish Fold. Then we found out that some are born with normal ears, called Straights.
Last edited by Dr. Medulla on 02 Dec 2018, 8:09am, edited 1 time in total.