Pets.

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Pets.

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 7:44am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
14 Apr 2018, 9:09am
The evolution of my feeding the squirrels in my backyard (and, I guess, neighbours' backyards) has grown to my naming them. All black squirrels ar named Pete; all grey squirrels are named Lana. Petes are very bold, willing to hang out at the door to wait for me; Lanas are stand-offish, waiting at least a minute after I throw the peanuts before they'll approach.
I just got off the phone with an intoxicated, excitable Beaner. He's gotta borrow the KILLvan for a couple days. Says it's urgent, and he's bringing a couple pissbuckets so he doesn't have to stop...not even for Border Security. Wants to know if the auxiliary fuel tank is filled and if the lead-shielded weapons bay impenetrable to police thermal scan is ready for duty. Says he'll bring back a trunk fill of La Fin du Monde cases with the higher Canadian-distribution alcohol content as thanks.

:ugeek:
My boys and girls are well fed and able to fend off a drunk and gassy Boston Mick. I've raised them to be champs!
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 7:50am
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
The evolution of my feeding the squirrels in my backyard (and, I guess, neighbours' backyards) has grown to my naming them. All black squirrels ar named Pete; all grey squirrels are named Lana. Petes are very bold, willing to hang out at the door to wait for me; Lanas are stand-offish, waiting at least a minute after I throw the peanuts before they'll approach.
I just got off the phone with an intoxicated, excitable Beaner. He's gotta borrow the KILLvan for a couple days. Says it's urgent, and he's bringing a couple pissbuckets so he doesn't have to stop...not even for Border Security. Wants to know if the auxiliary fuel tank is filled and if the lead-shielded weapons bay impenetrable to police thermal scan is ready for duty. Says he'll bring back a trunk fill of La Fin du Monde cases with the higher Canadian-distribution alcohol content as thanks.

My boys and girls are well fed and able to fend off a drunk and gassy Boston Mick. I've raised them to be champs!
No weapons necessary. I just trap them in one of these, fill a recycling bin with water, and drop them in to drown.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 4:32pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

No weapons necessary. I just trap them in one of these, fill a recycling bin with water, and drop them in to drown.

And you are a gun owner?
When you go on a shooting spree I don’t want to be one of those people everyone points at and says ‘you knew this stuff and did nothing?’

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Double post

BostonBeaneater

101Walterton wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 5:08pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

And you are a gun owner?
When you go on a shooting spree I don’t want to be one of those people everyone points at and says ‘you knew this stuff and did nothing?’
I don’t own any guns. I’m a trap and drown kind of killer.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 9:49pm
101Walterton wrote:
19 Apr 2018, 5:08pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:

And you are a gun owner?
I don’t own any guns. I’m a trap and drown kind of killer.
Well that's a relief :mrgreen:

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

While I don't have much else nice to say about the iron-fisted matriarch of a dynasty of GOP shitheads, this is one legacy of Babs Bush that is empirically Good™ and True™: https://www.click2houston.com/news/expl ... or-animals.

She was a fierce advocate for canine health, and for pushing a holistic "raising healthy dogs raises healthy owners" approach to canine health. It's no accident what explosion took place in construction of municipal dog parks post-1993, as well as community-supported spaying/neutering and vaccination programs, leash laws, and counterbalancing of new leash laws with more unleashed open spaces. Or that the spatial design of most modern dog parks strives to maximize socialization amongst both dogs and owners alike. A lot of that was taken right from the FAQ's and design guidelines the Babs Foundation blasted out to municipalities across the country on how to do those programs right.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
20 Apr 2018, 8:09am
While I don't have much else nice to say about the iron-fisted matriarch of a dynasty of GOP shitheads, this is one legacy of Babs Bush that is empirically Good™ and True™: https://www.click2houston.com/news/expl ... or-animals.

She was a fierce advocate for canine health, and for pushing a holistic "raising healthy dogs raises healthy owners" approach to canine health. It's no accident what explosion took place in construction of municipal dog parks post-1993, as well as community-supported spaying/neutering and vaccination programs, leash laws, and counterbalancing of new leash laws with more unleashed open spaces. Or that the spatial design of most modern dog parks strives to maximize socialization amongst both dogs and owners alike. A lot of that was taken right from the FAQ's and design guidelines the Babs Foundation blasted out to municipalities across the country on how to do those programs right.
Similar to the Harpers up here. He's a nasty prick to human beings, but he genuinely loves cats, and as PM he and his wife fostered homeless cats at the PM's residence.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Has anyone ever had a hamster? VH, Jr. is asking for one for his upcoming birthday. I think they are cute as hell, and this cage (below) looks super cool (after reading reviews of other cages, this seems to be the only one that's not a death trap). Any advice to offer?

Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 May 2018, 11:34am
Has anyone ever had a hamster? VH, Jr. is asking for one for his upcoming birthday. I think they are cute as hell, and this cage (below) looks super cool (after reading reviews of other cages, this seems to be the only one that's not a death trap). Any advice to offer?

When I was in elementary school, during summer holidays students volunteered to take care of various school animals. I took care of a hamster one or maybe two summers. I can't recall there being much to it. As long as they have a wheel and enough material to burrow in, they're fine. A friend of ours in grad school in NC had a hamster that she kept in the grad assistants' office. That little bastard was a gnawing machine, including everything non-metal in his/her cage. Winifred would buy neat little tubes and other exercise challenges and within a couple weeks they'd be shredded.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2018, 12:06pm
JennyB wrote:

When I was in elementary school, during summer holidays students volunteered to take care of various school animals. I took care of a hamster one or maybe two summers. I can't recall there being much to it. As long as they have a wheel and enough material to burrow in, they're fine. A friend of ours in grad school in NC had a hamster that she kept in the grad assistants' office. That little bastard was a gnawing machine, including everything non-metal in his/her cage. Winifred would buy neat little tubes and other exercise challenges and within a couple weeks they'd be shredded.
Yeah, that's what I hear. Evidently, they have really good chew toys out there. I just think they are really fucking cute. Especially the robo dwarf hamsters:

Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 May 2018, 12:20pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Yeah, that's what I hear. Evidently, they have really good chew toys out there. I just think they are really fucking cute. Especially the robo dwarf hamsters:

A former friend and his wife had a number of degus. Within a few years, they all developed cancer. Not sure if that's endemic to the species, but I'd be inclined to avoid them.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2018, 12:28pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

A former friend and his wife had a number of degus. Within a few years, they all developed cancer. Not sure if that's endemic to the species, but I'd be inclined to avoid them.
Now that I am reading up on them more, the Syrian hamsters are best for newbies.
Got a Rake? Sure!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
09 May 2018, 12:43pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
09 May 2018, 12:28pm
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

Now that I am reading up on them more, the Syrian hamsters are best for newbies.
Except you'll go on a govt watchlist.