Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Kory
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 1:27pm
Helping a friemd find an apartment. Go to see this one place and there's like 50 of these things.

I ask if the tap water is ok to drink and he says yeah, I just have them "because you never know". And said in a way that it should be obvious and dont most people do this.
I do this, but Seattle is earthquake-prone so its best to have a few days worth on hand.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

We had some as part of our tsunami / earthquake get by kit but the water passed its use by date?
It’s water!!!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 12:22am
revbob wrote:
Helping a friemd find an apartment. Go to see this one place and there's like 50 of these things.

I ask if the tap water is ok to drink and he says yeah, I just have them "because you never know". And said in a way that it should be obvious and dont most people do this.
I do this, but Seattle is earthquake-prone so its best to have a few days worth on hand.
You keep upwards of 50 5 gallon containers of water?

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

revbob wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 1:38am
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:

I keep my urine in them. If you flush your urine they’ll have your DNA and cocaine residue.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

revbob wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 1:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
21 Jan 2018, 11:29am
Me: What time are you going to be home?
The Boss: Five-ish.
Me: Finkel.
The Boss: *eyes roll*
Is she even going to get that reference?
I GOT THAT REFERENCE.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:

Nah just two of the jugs. That reminds me, I need to replace them (you should once a year).

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Kory wrote:
22 Jan 2018, 1:18pm
revbob wrote:
Kory wrote:
revbob wrote:

Nah just two of the jugs. That reminds me, I need to replace them (you should once a year).
Because you never know, right?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Just had a washing machine repairman here who was right of central casting for Eastern Europeans. I really had to not laugh at how perfect he was. One of our cats, as is her way with newcomers, was all over his shit. As I shooed her away, he said, "It okay. I have cat. She good." And, after telling me that it's more sensible for us to buy a new washer than fix this one, bluntly informed me of the cost of the service call: "You owe me $79 plus tax." In a different circumstance, it could have sounded like a threat. Anyway, perfect.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 2:17pm
Just had a washing machine repairman here who was right of central casting for Eastern Europeans. I really had to not laugh at how perfect he was. One of our cats, as is her way with newcomers, was all over his shit. As I shooed her away, he said, "It okay. I have cat. She good." And, after telling me that it's more sensible for us to buy a new washer than fix this one, bluntly informed me of the cost of the service call: "You owe me $79 plus tax." In a different circumstance, it could have sounded like a threat. Anyway, perfect.
Was he leaving it to you to work out what the tax was going to be?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 3:47pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Jan 2018, 2:17pm
Was he leaving it to you to work out what the tax was going to be?
No. Max have phone that do that. Give Max credit card number now.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

We spent the afternoon driving around Trudeauville pricing out washers (and, as it turns out, dryers, as we ended up upgrading all around). Cutting through one upscale area, I said to the Boss: "Slow down. This neighbourhood looks litigious."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Unintended third update of the washer/dryer saga. They were just delivered and one of the delivery guys was Big Papi's smaller brother. No, not in a white guy "all black people look the same to me" way. He seriously looked like David Ortiz, right down to the gap between his front teeth, even his voice. Just not superhuman-sized like Papi. It was eerie.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

An observation spanning many years and many employers: Most companies don't know how to train new employees. :meh:

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Mimi wrote:
06 Feb 2018, 3:48pm
An observation spanning many years and many employers: Most companies don't know how to train new employees. :meh:
Correct.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Training consists of letting you use your best judgement and chastising when it goes against the unwritten code.