Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 1:12pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 9:59am
So, in the winter, I ride my bike on a trainer in the basement. The trainer's tension is supplied by a rubber belt and in the last couple weeks, it's started to stretch and tear. Gotta replace the belt, but there's no place in town that carries the brand, which comes out of Japan. I go to Amazon and order a replacement from the manufacturer, but it's seemingly being shipped to Pluto first before coming to North America, so I do some more hunting and find a closer and quicker but more expensive option, which I also order. Go to cancel that first Amazon order. Click the links, fill out the form, and wait for the cancellation confirmation. However, over the past several days I have been back-and-forthing with a representative of the bike company in Japan who keeps insisting that I have to click the proper cancel link on Amazon, that it can't be done the way I did it, which is, in essence, just a message asking to cancel. But he/she won't point me to the link—it's quite clear, this person tells me. Finally this morning I took screen shots of all the steps I took on Amazon to cancel the order and sent it to them, emphasizing again that there is no magic cancellation link. Maybe it's just a language barrier issue, but it feels like I'm being trolled because this is how I've cancelled orders from Amazon merchants in the past. I have a feeling I'm just going to end up eating this one.
You can take up the issue with Amazon can't you? Don't let them have your money.
Yeah, I can try, but I'm not optimistic given how frustrating the emails have been to this point.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 2:18pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
So, in the winter, I ride my bike on a trainer in the basement. The trainer's tension is supplied by a rubber belt and in the last couple weeks, it's started to stretch and tear. Gotta replace the belt, but there's no place in town that carries the brand, which comes out of Japan. I go to Amazon and order a replacement from the manufacturer, but it's seemingly being shipped to Pluto first before coming to North America, so I do some more hunting and find a closer and quicker but more expensive option, which I also order. Go to cancel that first Amazon order. Click the links, fill out the form, and wait for the cancellation confirmation. However, over the past several days I have been back-and-forthing with a representative of the bike company in Japan who keeps insisting that I have to click the proper cancel link on Amazon, that it can't be done the way I did it, which is, in essence, just a message asking to cancel. But he/she won't point me to the link—it's quite clear, this person tells me. Finally this morning I took screen shots of all the steps I took on Amazon to cancel the order and sent it to them, emphasizing again that there is no magic cancellation link. Maybe it's just a language barrier issue, but it feels like I'm being trolled because this is how I've cancelled orders from Amazon merchants in the past. I have a feeling I'm just going to end up eating this one.
You can take up the issue with Amazon can't you? Don't let them have your money.
Yeah, I can try, but I'm not optimistic given how frustrating the emails have been to this point.
I think Amazon can force a refund though. You get your dough back and then they zing the seller.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 2:25pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I think Amazon can force a refund though. You get your dough back and then they zing the seller.
Well, we'll see what happens when this place replies.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yep. As a shitty teenager I sold some 2nd hand books on Amazon, never got round to sending them and they debited it from my account after six weeks.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

The bike company says it's going to contact Amazon to figure this out. Good, I guess, but I still don't understand how this is hard.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Silent Majority wrote:
23 Apr 2018, 6:34pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Yep. As a shitty teenager I sold some 2nd hand books on Amazon, never got round to sending them and they debited it from my account after six weeks.
WHAT A JERK!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Update of my saga of white consumer man's burden: The seller emailed yesterday to say they'd be contacting Amazon to fix this. Then emailed me this morning to say I have to email Amazon to fix this. And later in the morning Amazon emailed me back with a super "we love our customers and hate that this transaction hasn't made you the happiest consumer ever" form letter to say that they'd make things right (without being specific). Meanwhile, the belt I ordered from a place in Nova Scotia arrived today. The size is about right, but where my original one is smooth, this one has grooved teeth, like if it were to grab onto a bike chain. But the packaging says it's the right part, so may it'll work. Anyway, later today I'll take apart the trainer and install it. Further updates to come even tho they aren't really warranted!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

If you complain about st7ff to Amazon they will usually offer you credit on future purchases or if you have Prime they might offer to extend it for a month

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Because Jesus hates me for not loving him enough when he was a baby, the replacement belt with teeth doesn't exactly work. Or, rather, it would only in a home for the deaf because it's fucking squeaky loud. Which means two things: 1) I guess I'm done indoor biking for the season, which isn't *that* bad. I figured I'd only have another four or five more indoor rides before it was warm enough for me to switch to the outdoors for the next five months or so; and 2) I ordered yet another replacement from some Limey place via eBay. The picture of that one lacks the teeth, so fingers crossed it works. I also learned that the pdf manual I dl'd wasn't quite the same model as what I have and it took me a couple hours figuring out how to take it apart and fit in the belt. So, kids, love baby Jesus because he's a vengeful adult.

edit: No, wait, there's more! The vendor just emailed me to say that my going thru Amazon, or Amazon's proposed solution, still isn't right and that I need to cancel it properly (again, with no explanation of what that actually entails). So I emailed them back to say I'm done dealing with them and that if they follow thru and ship the belt and charge me, I'll immediately pursue a refund from Amazon—there's plenty of documentation now that I've tried to cancel the order—then emailed Amazon to say the same. I mean, I'm being trolled, right?

edit, jr: I think it's over. Amazon says my order has been cancelled (for which it says it is sorry).

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 6:11pm
I guess I'm done indoor biking for the season
thought i'd live my whole life without hearing that sentence.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

tepista wrote:
25 Apr 2018, 9:16pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I guess I'm done indoor biking for the season
thought i'd live my whole life without hearing that sentence.
It's my mission to provide you with those kinds of milestones.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Because Jesus hates me for not loving him enough when he was a baby, the replacement belt with teeth doesn't exactly work. Or, rather, it would only in a home for the deaf because it's fucking squeaky loud. Which means two things: 1) I guess I'm done indoor biking for the season, which isn't *that* bad. I figured I'd only have another four or five more indoor rides before it was warm enough for me to switch to the outdoors for the next five months or so; and 2) I ordered yet another replacement from some Limey place via eBay. The picture of that one lacks the teeth, so fingers crossed it works. I also learned that the pdf manual I dl'd wasn't quite the same model as what I have and it took me a couple hours figuring out how to take it apart and fit in the belt. So, kids, love baby Jesus because he's a vengeful adult.

edit: No, wait, there's more! The vendor just emailed me to say that my going thru Amazon, or Amazon's proposed solution, still isn't right and that I need to cancel it properly (again, with no explanation of what that actually entails). So I emailed them back to say I'm done dealing with them and that if they follow thru and ship the belt and charge me, I'll immediately pursue a refund from Amazon—there's plenty of documentation now that I've tried to cancel the order—then emailed Amazon to say the same. I mean, I'm being trolled, right?

edit, jr: I think it's over. Amazon says my order has been cancelled (for which it says it is sorry).
What a pain in the ass. Sorry you had to deal with this.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Remember that job interview I had and bombed on? Wellllllll...

I got a call this morning from the hiring supervisor, offering me a job. Turns out, on the morning of the interview, two different people gave notice that they were leaving -- one for health reasons, the other for a job. Since the other person had been there longer than I had, she got that position. The hiring supervisor kept hinting at me to be patient that something may open up soon as it's a military town and people come and go often. So, I got the call this morning. She gave me a choice of two different jobs (I chose the one with more hours, duh!) and now I have a job. So, yeah for me. Bonus point because I like this shift schedule better. *fist pump*

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

JennyB wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 9:19am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

What a pain in the ass. Sorry you had to deal with this.
I'm reading the saga like I'm watching a soap opera. Next week on As the Bicycle Wheel Turns (or doesn't).

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Mimi wrote:
26 Apr 2018, 1:17pm
Remember that job interview I had and bombed on? Wellllllll...

I got a call this morning from the hiring supervisor, offering me a job. Turns out, on the morning of the interview, two different people gave notice that they were leaving -- one for health reasons, the other for a job. Since the other person had been there longer than I had, she got that position. The hiring supervisor kept hinting at me to be patient that something may open up soon as it's a military town and people come and go often. So, I got the call this morning. She gave me a choice of two different jobs (I chose the one with more hours, duh!) and now I have a job. So, yeah for me. Bonus point because I like this shift schedule better. *fist pump*
Yes! That rocks!
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/