Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by JennyB »

matedog wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 11:14am
My mom's def not hot. And not a swinger!

My mother in law on the other hand...
Oh jeez.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 11:27am
matedog wrote:

Oh jeez.
Hoy's gotta Hoy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

matedog wrote:

HAWT SWINGER-ON-COUGER ACTION AT THE MATEYS' FAMILY GATHERINGS, Y'ALL!!!

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Rat Patrol wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 12:21pm
matedog wrote:

I know a guy who ran off with his wife’s brother’s wife!!! What sort of family Christmas does that happen.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 2:24pm
Rat Patrol wrote:
matedog wrote:

I know a guy who ran off with his wife’s brother’s wife!!! What sort of family Christmas does that happen.
A small happy one for one side of the family?

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 12:59pm
101Walterton wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
matedog wrote:

Well he was a twat so she must be psyco so I suspect not the family you’d expect it to be.

Heston
God of Thunder...and Rock 'n Roll

Post by Heston »

Marky Dread wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 2:13pm
Flex wrote:
04 Jan 2019, 2:06pm
So, I quit ("quit" really, since I haven't deleted my accounts) Twitter a few months ago and decided to stop logging onto Facebook in 2019. So far, so great. Interesting feelings about the absence of both platforms.

There's a lot that I enjoyed about Twitter: I actually got a lot of info from there, and there was a lot of funny content. But the pace and micro- nature of dialogue there meant that it was basically just a perpetual rage machine. So, I've felt its absence some - I'm not as up to date on music recommendations, political news and analysis, et cetera, and there are some folks on there whose company I enjoy who I don't really have alternate avenues of communication - but the upside of getting out of the Twitter rage grind has been almost revelatory.

Facebook, conversely, features almost nothing I particularly enjoy but just sort of remained part of my life out of a zombie-like state of death-paralysis. The best feature about it - sharing photos - is done better on Instagram and the ability to remain in contact with folks can be handled just fine with e-mail, text or g-chat. I don't know what some of my old high school friends are up to, but I don't really care. In the short time I've been off FB, it's forced me to stay in better contact with the people I actually care about (including, not for nothing, starting to post here more) via other avenues of communication. The only thing I'm worried about missing is that FB is a great way to keep track of concert announcements from bands and music venues. So, I just have to subscribe to more newsletters and such, which whatever.
I've never been on Twitter and I'm not likely to be. But Facebook just turns most people into morons.
Facebook is whatever you make it imo. I just filter out the people I don't want to hear from. I mainly use it for music, I like the Clash and BAD fan pages. I'm also a bit of a nosy bastard so it's good for that. Also a good band promotion tool.
There's a tiny, tiny hopeful part of me that says you guys are running a Kaufmanesque long con on the board

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Heston wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 2:40pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:
So, I quit ("quit" really, since I haven't deleted my accounts) Twitter a few months ago and decided to stop logging onto Facebook in 2019. So far, so great. Interesting feelings about the absence of both platforms.

There's a lot that I enjoyed about Twitter: I actually got a lot of info from there, and there was a lot of funny content. But the pace and micro- nature of dialogue there meant that it was basically just a perpetual rage machine. So, I've felt its absence some - I'm not as up to date on music recommendations, political news and analysis, et cetera, and there are some folks on there whose company I enjoy who I don't really have alternate avenues of communication - but the upside of getting out of the Twitter rage grind has been almost revelatory.

Facebook, conversely, features almost nothing I particularly enjoy but just sort of remained part of my life out of a zombie-like state of death-paralysis. The best feature about it - sharing photos - is done better on Instagram and the ability to remain in contact with folks can be handled just fine with e-mail, text or g-chat. I don't know what some of my old high school friends are up to, but I don't really care. In the short time I've been off FB, it's forced me to stay in better contact with the people I actually care about (including, not for nothing, starting to post here more) via other avenues of communication. The only thing I'm worried about missing is that FB is a great way to keep track of concert announcements from bands and music venues. So, I just have to subscribe to more newsletters and such, which whatever.
I've never been on Twitter and I'm not likely to be. But Facebook just turns most people into morons.
Facebook is whatever you make it imo. I just filter out the people I don't want to hear from. I mainly use it for music, I like the Clash and BAD fan pages. I'm also a bit of a nosy bastard so it's good for that. Also a good band promotion tool.
Sure I agree it can be a useful tool mate. I've no doubt its great when you use it for Clash/BAD stuff and promoting your band. However I'm refering to the way it gets used in general and the way that those who use it get used.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 2:34pm
Marky Dread wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 12:59pm
101Walterton wrote:
Rat Patrol wrote:
matedog wrote:

Well he was a twat so she must be psyco so I suspect not the family you’d expect it to be.
I was refering to the side of the family that got rid of the snake. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:

The most enjoyable aspect of Facebook is posting pictures of gingers on Hoy's page.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Rat Patrol
Unknown Immortal

Post by Rat Patrol »

JennyB wrote:
09 Jan 2019, 4:21pm
Heston wrote:
Marky Dread wrote:
Flex wrote:

The most enjoyable aspect of Facebook is posting pictures of gingers on Hoy's page.
What's Hoy's mom's "Hot or Not?" stance on gingers, BTW?

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I don't know how people can be transcribers. I just tried to listen to something and type it at the same time. smh :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

I feel like I can't like this sexy song now that I know a really young man is singing it. Man, aging is weird sometimes.

Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Post by Silent Majority »

Canteen at work having one of its periodic shitleaks from the bathroom plumbing so it's shut down. Using a meeting room for a rest area. I have been increasingly amused with myself when people come to clear their heads in here and I thank them for coming in today and invite them to take a seat.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/