Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Silent Majority »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 7:42pm
revbob wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 7:34pm
Yeah this was for a technical position. He had anecdotes for nearly every position he's held and many positions weren't remotely relavent to what he was applying for. Paper route?
Like everyone's first resume, where you list your hobbies: listening to music; watching and playing sports; reading. How the fuck do employers figure out who to call for an interview when all the applicants are sixteen?
The one's who best express their passion for indexing stock.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yeah this was for a technical position. He had anecdotes for nearly every position he's held and many positions weren't remotely relavent to what he was applying for. Paper route?
Like everyone's first resume, where you list your hobbies: listening to music; watching and playing sports; reading. How the fuck do employers figure out who to call for an interview when all the applicants are sixteen?
Yeah but this guy is roughly my age.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 7:00am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Yeah but this guy is roughly my age.
Well, if nothing else, I feel less awful about myself now. :lol:
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 4:12pm
Thinking about applying to a company looking for an in-house content editor. The online reviews I checked out aren't encouraging, with the phrase frat house appearing in both positive and negative assessments. They want an editing sample, so I'm fixing up their shitty job ad. It'll either work … or not. Regardless, it's a lark.
You got moxie, kid. (and not that stupid soda you Brahmans drink).
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 10:34am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Thinking about applying to a company looking for an in-house content editor. The online reviews I checked out aren't encouraging, with the phrase frat house appearing in both positive and negative assessments. They want an editing sample, so I'm fixing up their shitty job ad. It'll either work … or not. Regardless, it's a lark.
*snicker* Deep down, I know I ain't gonna actually do it because, after parsing the ad more closely, I can tell I wouldn't want to work there and nothing is accomplished by pointing out that their job ad is poorly constructed.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
17 Aug 2017, 1:39pm
Going back: I like the Addams family more on paper, but if you're just talking the 60s shows, the Munsters were flat out better.

Addams Family Values remains one of my favorite comedies from the early 90s. WAAAAAY better than the sequel to a licensed TV show remake deserves to be.
You mean the comic?
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 11:07am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
*snicker* Deep down, I know I ain't gonna actually do it because, after parsing the ad more closely, I can tell I wouldn't want to work there and nothing is accomplished by pointing out that their job ad is poorly constructed.
It sounds like an awful place. They're all over here in Seattle because of the tech bro culture. It's infuriating.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Kory wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 12:37pm
Wolter wrote:
Going back: I like the Addams family more on paper, but if you're just talking the 60s shows, the Munsters were flat out better.

Addams Family Values remains one of my favorite comedies from the early 90s. WAAAAAY better than the sequel to a licensed TV show remake deserves to be.
You mean the comic?
Heh. No, but yeah, Addams' cartoons are great. I just mean the setup and characters should work better for me. The Munsters feel like the cheap knockoff, but their actual shows hold up better.
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Wolter wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 12:43pm
Kory wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 12:37pm
Wolter wrote:

You mean the comic?
Heh. No, but yeah, Addams' cartoons are great. I just mean the setup and characters should work better for me. The Munsters feel like the cheap knockoff, but their actual shows hold up better.
I'm going to have to rewatch. It's been since I was a kid.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

I preferred Addams when I was a kid, but Munsters as an adult
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 12:38pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It sounds like an awful place. They're all over here in Seattle because of the tech bro culture. It's infuriating.
Yep—it's a software firm. Badass! Awesome!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 2:50pm
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
They probably are avid cyclists like you.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 3:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
JennyB wrote:

:naughty: According to a newspaper story I checked out, they have a boxing ring on the premises.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 3:52pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

:naughty: According to a newspaper story I checked out, they have a boxing ring on the premises.
Rad! Sick!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 4:10pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
18 Aug 2017, 3:52pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:

Rad! Sick!