Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Rat Patrol wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 11:22am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Sep 2018, 12:25pm
The "John Purvis" thing from the "I'm Floored" thread has got me curious: Do y'all have a fake name that you regularly use? I've got some that I've wholly invented (Cletus Hookworm, for one), but I often sign in under the name of a guy I knew growing up. No idea why I do it—I hold no malice towards him—but it came to me one day while signing in to play a game and I've just kept it up. I never do anything sinister with it, either. Just a weird semi-joke that's only amusing to me.
Cold-case victims are always an infinite well of fake usernames. :shifty:
Sayeth the voice of a serial killer …
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
The "John Purvis" thing from the "I'm Floored" thread has got me curious: Do y'all have a fake name that you regularly use? I've got some that I've wholly invented (Cletus Hookworm, for one), but I often sign in under the name of a guy I knew growing up. No idea why I do it—I hold no malice towards him—but it came to me one day while signing in to play a game and I've just kept it up. I never do anything sinister with it, either. Just a weird semi-joke that's only amusing to me.
I'll sometimes use "Craig Blair" when placing fancy beverage orders and whatnot because it's the most boring name I can think of.
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JoseUnidos wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 2:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I'll sometimes use "Craig Blair" when placing fancy beverage orders and whatnot because it's the most boring name I can think of.
Is it something you dreamed up entirely or is it borrowed from somewhere?
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

JennyB wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 9:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Other than my (non existent) drag persona, Helen Kveller, I do not.
Too many to mention. Some I just use for logins as I have multiple email address. I don’t think I have ever booked a restaurant table etc. in my own name which is also altered from my birth name :shifty:

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 2:20pm
JennyB wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 9:47am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Other than my (non existent) drag persona, Helen Kveller, I do not.
Too many to mention. Some I just use for logins as I have multiple email address. I don’t think I have ever booked a restaurant table etc. in my own name which is also altered from my birth name :shifty:
I always use Pete McGillis from Taunton, Massachusetts.

JoseUnidos
Graffiti Bandit Pioneer

Post by JoseUnidos »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 2:16pm
JoseUnidos wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 2:09pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Is it something you dreamed up entirely or is it borrowed from somewhere?
Entirely made up some 30+ years ago; my apologies to any real Craig Blairs that might be out there, except this guy: https://ballotpedia.org/Craig_Blair
In space no one can hear you clash!
https://www.rmillerthings.com/

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
Mimi Mcgee, although I always spell it Magee. Don't know.

Wolter
Half Foghorn Leghorn, Half Albert Brooks

Post by Wolter »

Mimi wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 9:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have performed shitty low rent theatre under the following joke names:

Drake Tungsten (MST3K reference)
Butterfly Fairweather (Dead Milkmen reference)
Jon Cougar Melancholy
The Right Reverend Johnny “Bob” Diablo
Johnnie Profane (a vague allusion to Thomas Pynchon’s V)
Britt Shickhouse
”INDER LOCK THE THE KISS THREAD IVE REALISED IM A PRZE IDOOT” - Thomas Jefferson

"But the gorilla thinks otherwise!"

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Wolter wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 11:03pm
Mimi wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 9:17pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I have performed shitty low rent theatre under the following joke names:

Drake Tungsten (MST3K reference)
Butterfly Fairweather (Dead Milkmen reference)
Jon Cougar Melancholy
Johnnie Profane (a vague allusion to Thomas Pynchon’s V)
Britt Shickhouse
Heh heh

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Wolter wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 11:03pm
I do like that one a lot, mainly because the "Bob" sticks out so oddly. But Johnny Diablo just speeds off the tongue, like he could be selling anything from Yugos to waterbeds.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

My team name for Futurama trivia last month was Billy "Pacific North" West, if that counts. I competed solo so it was kind of just my name.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 3:01pm
My team name for Futurama trivia last month was Billy "Pacific North" West, if that counts. I competed solo so it was kind of just my name.
How'd you do?

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 3:07pm
Kory wrote:
How'd you do?
I tied for 6th out of 30 teams (6 points away from the winner). Not as good as I was hoping, but could have been much worse. The ones I missed were almost completely from the episodes that I hadn't had time to bone up on before the event. The one I was really pissed about was which wrist Leela's device is on. I should have remembered "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back" for that one because it's very obvious, but they were going kind of fast and I couldn't think of it in time.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Kory wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 4:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
How'd you do?
I tied for 6th out of 30 teams (6 points away from the winner). Not as good as I was hoping, but could have been much worse. The ones I missed were almost completely from the episodes that I hadn't had time to bone up on before the event. The one I was really pissed about was which wrist Leela's device is on. I should have remembered "How Hermes Requisitioned His Groove Back" for that one because it's very obvious, but they were going kind of fast and I couldn't think of it in time.
Top 20% is decent, especially if you were by yourself.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 5:00pm
Kory wrote:
02 Oct 2018, 4:52pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Kory wrote:
How'd you do?
Top 20% is decent, especially if you were by yourself.
I was really hoping to get third, but oh well.