Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
101Walterton
The Best

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 5:48pm
Mimi wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 7:50am
As an experiment, I haven't been using any salt on my food for the past two weeks. Well, last night I had a craving for fried chicken, so I asked the man to stop at Popeyes. Whoa, Nelly, was that shit salty. It's amazing to me how fast my taste buds adapted to no salt. And it's amazing to me that fast food is so freaking salty. I mean, I already know it is, but this experiment really highlighted just how salty it is.
Yeah it's way overused when you eat oat in most places or get any packaged food. I use it pretty sparingly when I cook. As kids my brother would make it look like it snowed on his burgers, it was disgusting
I never use it in cooking, you can't tell the difference.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 5:51pm
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
As an experiment, I haven't been using any salt on my food for the past two weeks. Well, last night I had a craving for fried chicken, so I asked the man to stop at Popeyes. Whoa, Nelly, was that shit salty. It's amazing to me how fast my taste buds adapted to no salt. And it's amazing to me that fast food is so freaking salty. I mean, I already know it is, but this experiment really highlighted just how salty it is.
Yeah it's way overused when you eat oat in most places or get any packaged food. I use it pretty sparingly when I cook. As kids my brother would make it look like it snowed on his burgers, it was disgusting
On meat/fish I will use a salt and pepper mix before I grill it. More pepper than salt. Other than that I dont use it. My wife come from a culture that uses a lot of salt so I've bent a little if I'm making rice but have mostly stopped eating rice. I'm down to maybe 1 at most 2 times a week as opposed to my former 7 days a week.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 5:56pm
My wife come from a culture that uses a lot of salt
Holy shit can my wife pour on the salt. I thought I used a lot but she has me beat.
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

An observation: I have flu and it sucks. 🤒

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Inder wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 12:28am
Get well soon man.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Inder wrote:
That’s a bit shit :disshame:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Inder wrote:
If you have faith, Kent McCord will visit you in your fever.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Inder wrote:
Feel better real soon.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
On meat/fish I will use a salt and pepper mix before I grill it. More pepper than salt. Other than that I dont use it. My wife come from a culture that uses a lot of salt so I've bent a little if I'm making rice but have mostly stopped eating rice. I'm down to maybe 1 at most 2 times a week as opposed to my former 7 days a week.
My mother was never a good cook, but one thing always stuck out with me. She overloaded food with salt while cooking it, which makes it ten times worse. I remember gagging a lot as a kid because it was so bad.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Silent Majority wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 5:05pm
JennyB wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 4:46pm
Silent Majority wrote:
20 Mar 2019, 4:30pm
In a fairly serious chat, Ni said she felt like someone else was gaslighting her. I'd like some Not a Dick points for not reacting as I wanted to. "Gaslighting you? What an *insane* thing to say."
James.
She would have known I was joking, but it's still a dick move.
:mrgreen:
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Mimi wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 7:55am
Inder wrote:
Feel better real soon.
I agree with this post.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Inder
corecore vanguard

Post by Inder »

Thanks for the well wishes. I am chugging ginger tea and devouring fistfuls of vitamin c.

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Inder wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 10:48am
Thanks for the well wishes. I am chugging ginger tea and devouring fistfuls of vitamin c.
I don't know the science behind this, but I've cured the common cold a few times by getting drunk. I'm not sure it would work with the flu, but hope you feel better!
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Mimi wrote:
21 Mar 2019, 7:57am
revbob wrote:
101Walterton wrote:
revbob wrote:
Mimi wrote:
My mother was never a good cook, but one thing always stuck out with me. She overloaded food with salt while cooking it, which makes it ten times worse. I remember gagging a lot as a kid because it was so bad.
My mom was the opposite, although not a good cook she didnt use salt really. Her lack of cooking skill seems to have inspired 3 of her 4 children to become at least pretty good cooks. We at least like to cook, she saw it more as a thing that needed to be done

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Lately random people have been striking up wiers conversations with me. Like today I'm buying a six pack. This guy just hanging out in the store asks "Is that alcohol?" I say yeah its beer. He then says "You know what would be good? If they combined caffeine and alcohol." He then keeps going on about it as I walk out the store. I must be getting soft because in the past I've been told I look unapproachable.