Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
revbob
Unknown Immortal

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by revbob »

Flex wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 11:58am
In landline days, I used to tell the telemarketing/scammer folks I was definitely very interested in whatever it was they were pitching a line about, but to hang on for just a second. Then I'd put down the phone and go do something else until they hung up.
My favorite thing is to keep the scammers on the line. I got a call from one telling me there was a warrant out for my arrest because I didn't show for a grand jury. And the only way for me to stop this from happening was to wire them like $400 (they spoofed the caller ID as the sheriff's office). I said oh I'm just a 10 min drive away I'll come down. They said I'd be immediately arrested if I did. I said I'd send my lawyer, that too would result in my arrest. So I broke down and said but $400 who has that kind of money. They kept dropping the amount until we settled on like $85. They wanted to keep me on the phone while I drove to a western union place. I strung them along for another 30 min or so until I told them to fuck off. Basically I just put them on speakerphone and do what I would normally do. I do this with the fake calls from "Windows" because "there's a problem with my computer". I find it entertaining and it wastes their time.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Flex wrote:
In landline days, I used to tell the telemarketing/scammer folks I was definitely very interested in whatever it was they were pitching a line about, but to hang on for just a second. Then I'd put down the phone and go do something else until they hung up.
I like this.

tepista
Foul-Mouthed Werewolf

Post by tepista »

revbob wrote:
23 Mar 2019, 1:58pm
Flex wrote:
My favorite thing is to keep the scammers on the line. I got a call from one telling me there was a warrant out for my arrest because I didn't show for a grand jury. And the only way for me to stop this from happening was to wire them like $400 (they spoofed the caller ID as the sheriff's office). I said oh I'm just a 10 min drive away I'll come down. They said I'd be immediately arrested if I did. I said I'd send my lawyer, that too would result in my arrest. So I broke down and said but $400 who has that kind of money. They kept dropping the amount until we settled on like $85. They wanted to keep me on the phone while I drove to a western union place. I strung them along for another 30 min or so until I told them to fuck off. Basically I just put them on speakerphone and do what I would normally do. I do this with the fake calls from "Windows" because "there's a problem with my computer". I find it entertaining and it wastes their time.
love it
We reach the parts other combos cannot reach
We beach the beachheads other armies cannot beach
We speak the tongues other mouths cannot speak

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

I look out my back window and see my neighbour, a well-paid senior medical researcher, standing in his backyard in a ratty t-shirt, basketball shorts, and rubber boots, collecting semi-frozen dogshit with a snow shovel. It was something to behold.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
29 Mar 2019, 9:23am
I look out my back window and see my neighbour, a well-paid senior medical researcher, standing in his backyard in a ratty t-shirt, basketball shorts, and rubber boots, collecting semi-frozen dogshit with a snow shovel. It was something to behold.
It's a dirty job....

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Yesterday, I became slightly more manlike by building a screen for an upstairs window that didn't have one (the bathroom window that Luke made his daring jailbreak from last year). It fits and works and everything, and I got it right the first try. I feel more justified to wear plaid flannel shirts now.
"I used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16 back in Whittier, they're not much bigger than two meters.'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 9:36am
Yesterday, I became slightly more manlike by building a screen for an upstairs window that didn't have one (the bathroom window that Luke made his daring jailbreak from last year). It fits and works and everything, and I got it right the first try. I feel more justified to wear plaid flannel shirts now.
I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Mimi wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 9:33pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He's a big girlie.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
31 Mar 2019, 9:43pm
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He's a big girlie.
And he hangs around in bars.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 1:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He's a big girlie.
This is line of response is going awry. :disshame:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 2:07pm
101Walterton wrote:
01 Apr 2019, 1:59pm
Marky Dread wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
He's a big girlie.
This is line of response is going awry. :disshame:
IMCT the only pick-me-up a doctor needs. :mrgreen:

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Ive got the annual "I dont think I want to be here party" coming up this weekend.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

An observation: apparently, my new coworker is above plunging her toilet clog. It literally took me five seconds to fix. She said, "oh, I thought it would flood the bathroom." Jesus fucking christ, people.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 3:04pm
An observation: apparently, my new coworker is above plunging her toilet clog. It literally took me five seconds to fix. She said, "oh, I thought it would flood the bathroom." Jesus fucking christ, people.
It really is remarkable the lack of common skills and sense in some people. How do they not starve to death or avoid walking into traffic?

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 3:44pm
JennyB wrote:
02 Apr 2019, 3:04pm
It really is remarkable the lack of common skills and sense in some people. How do they not starve to death or avoid walking into traffic?
Doctor Medulla the new D.I.Y. king has spoken.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia