Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Silent Majority
Singer-Songwriter Nancy

Re: Return of the Mighty Observations Thread

Post by Silent Majority »

I'll try the anvil, then the peanut butter.
a lifetime serving one machine
Is ten times worse than prison

www.pexlives.libsyn.com/

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Peanut butter is the shit when it comes to catching mice.
When I was a kid cider used to come in big glass jugs like this

We would drop peanut butter inside and a little on the opening leaving it in a place they could get to it. They would fall in, often more than one. Once you've caught them do what you will. Anything other than glass, metal or other some such substance
and they will chew through it

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Was James Woods (actor) always a dick or is this a more recent affliction?

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 7:07am
He's always had a rep for being prickly, but went headlong into open assholery during the Obama years (maybe earlier?). Another one of those guys whose experience with social media has been to unleash everything awful about him to the world.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 8:09am
revbob wrote:
He's always had a rep for being prickly, but went headlong into open assholery during the Obama years (maybe earlier?). Another one of those guys whose experience with social media has been to unleash everything awful about him to the world.
He also sounds pervy.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 8:38am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
He also sounds pervy.
And given the number of actresses who have made allegation plus his ugly public demeanour, it's not easy even mulling over possibly giving him the benefit of the doubt.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 8:53am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
He also sounds pervy.
And given the number of actresses who have made allegation plus his ugly public demeanour, it's not easy even mulling over possibly giving him the benefit of the doubt.
I don't begrudge someone finding a much younger partner but when it becomes the norm time after time something ain't right. I knew a guy who had a younger wife by 15+ years easily. When she turned 30 he basically left her and found a (maybe )20 year old possibly younger. I found out later this new woman who he married was his 3rd wife and he basically had a pattern of always going for a younger woman and dropping them when they would turn 30 or so. He was a psychiatrist and was very good at manipulating people and situations to his advantage. He was a very charming and a sociopath.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 9:14am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
He also sounds pervy.
I don't begrudge someone finding a much younger partner but when it becomes the norm time after time something ain't right. I knew a guy who had a younger wife by 15+ years easily. When she turned 30 he basically left her and found a (maybe )20 year old possibly younger. I found out later this new woman who he married was his 3rd wife and he basically had a pattern of always going for a younger woman and dropping them when they would turn 30 or so. He was a psychiatrist and was very good at manipulating people and situations to his advantage. He was a very charming and a sociopath.
If it happens once, it might be a weird true love against the odds kind of thing. More than once, there's something creepy happening.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
He also sounds pervy.
Remember when we all castigated Sean Young for being crazy? I think that looking through a 2019 lens, she was probably pretty emotionally abused (at the very least) by Woods. I think it's time for a Sean Young redemption!
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 9:39am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
He also sounds pervy.
Remember when we all castigated Sean Young for being crazy? I think that looking through a 2019 lens, she was probably pretty emotionally abused (at the very least) by Woods. I think it's time for a Sean Young redemption!
Wasn't she involved in some weirdness and accusations with the male co-star of another movie? I get the impression that she does have some genuine problems, which isn't to say that Woods perhaps didn't exploit them.

JennyB
Mossad Van Driver

Post by JennyB »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 9:50am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

He also sounds pervy.
Wasn't she involved in some weirdness and accusations with the male co-star of another movie? I get the impression that she does have some genuine problems, which isn't to say that Woods perhaps didn't exploit them.
Probably. I just like blaming James Woods for things.
Got a Rake? Sure!

IMCT: Inane Middle-Class Twats - Dr. M

" *sigh* it's right when they throw the penis pump out the window." -Hoy

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

Speaking of creepy older dude, much younger woman grossness, thanks to the JohnByrneSays twitter account (the guy reads Byrne's forum and reports on the gross stuff Byrne writes), Byrne, who is in his 60s, regularly entertains a collection of "gal pals" in their 20s. He's also claimed to have dated a woman 40 years his junior. And, when looking at Byrne's comic work, he wrote the meeting of Reed Richards and Sue Storm as her being in her teens and him already a professor. Yeah, Byrne's got some … preferences.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

JennyB wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 9:51am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
11 Mar 2019, 9:50am
JennyB wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

He also sounds pervy.
Probably. I just like blaming James Woods for things.
And as I said earlier, he hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt because of all that other shit. Funny what accumulating evidence of being a massive asshole will do!

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

You say bribery, I say paying for premium seating. :shifty: