SCIENCE!

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: SCIENCE!

Post by Dr. Medulla »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 9:54am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 9:35am
Inevitability pays a visit to North Carolina: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 24c7cd1306
I was just explaining to my kids the other day that they'll never have chicken pox. The anti-vaxxers are insane (in my opinion). Science has given us the ability to prevent our children from contracting illnesses that used to kill people. This all just appears to go hand in hand with an overall increase in ignorance. I guess people are just longing for the simpler days of the 19th century...
Yeah, but you'll feel guilty when those "vaccinations" turn them into pigmen who can't even ride bikes.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 10:22am
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Inevitability pays a visit to North Carolina: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2 ... 24c7cd1306
I was just explaining to my kids the other day that they'll never have chicken pox. The anti-vaxxers are insane (in my opinion). Science has given us the ability to prevent our children from contracting illnesses that used to kill people. This all just appears to go hand in hand with an overall increase in ignorance. I guess people are just longing for the simpler days of the 19th century...
Yeah, but you'll feel guilty when those "vaccinations" turn them into pigmen who can't even ride bikes.
Make America Gross Again
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hate to break it to you but the vaccine won’t stop them getting chicken pox. Won’t be so bad but they can still get it.

WestwayKid
Unknown Immortal

Post by WestwayKid »

101Walterton wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 2:05pm
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I hate to break it to you but the vaccine won’t stop them getting chicken pox. Won’t be so bad but they can still get it.
I did not know that. I just assumed it meant they couldn't contract chicken pox. I could add this to the things I learned today thread!
"They don't think it be like it is, but it do." - Oscar Gamble

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

WestwayKid wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 2:47pm
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
I did not know that. I just assumed it meant they couldn't contract chicken pox. I could add this to the things I learned today thread!
Its my understanding that it is less likely but not a guarantee but if you do get it the case is normally less severe.

My kids got the shots and never got CP.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

revbob wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 5:13pm
WestwayKid wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 2:47pm
101Walterton wrote:
WestwayKid wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Its my understanding that it is less likely but not a guarantee but if you do get it the case is normally less severe.

My kids got the shots and never got CP.
Yep.
One of my kids had chicken pox twice but neither had vaccine I don’t remember it being available. It is better to get it as a kid anyway it’s no big deal but a friend of mine had it as an adult recently. He was in a bad way for several weeks.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

The only pox I wanna see 'round here is Kory Pox.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Kory
Unknown Immortal

Post by Kory »

Marky Dread wrote:
19 Nov 2018, 8:18pm
The only pox I wanna see 'round here is Kory Pox.
That was my handle because I got CP when I was 15. It totally ruled.

Not.
"Suck our Earth dick, Martians!" —Doc

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

I remember being told Ihad chicken pox. I was at junior school so about 8 or 9. I got out of the bath on a Sunday night and Mum saw the spots. No school tomorrow or the rest of the week woooohoooo. Bit itchy but apart from that it was a free holiday.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 2:27pm
I remember being told Ihad chicken pox. I was at junior school so about 8 or 9. I got out of the bath on a Sunday night and Mum saw the spots. No school tomorrow or the rest of the week woooohoooo. Bit itchy but apart from that it was a free holiday.
I had it. It took an ocean of calamine lotion to get rid of. ;)

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Marky Dread wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 2:41pm
101Walterton wrote:
Haha I did actually get covered in calamine lotion I can still smell it. Never had poison ivy though :shifty:

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 2:46pm
Marky Dread wrote:
20 Nov 2018, 2:41pm
101Walterton wrote:
Haha I did actually get covered in calamine lotion I can still smell it. Never had poison ivy though :shifty:
Yep I remember the stuff well.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
The end of liberty

No fuchsias for you.

Nos Sumus Una Familia

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »