Touchy about the Oilers missing the playoffs, eh. . .

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: Touchy about the Oilers missing the playoffs, eh. . .

Post by Dr. Medulla »

eumaas wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
eumaas wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote: He has to be mentally ill if the stuff I read is correct, cutting off someone's head with a knife (after stabbing the hell out of the guy) and then holding it for all to see. What do you do with someone like that?
The apparently passionless way he went about, too, suggests someone not in his right mind. I'd wager he was hearing voices.

People up here are, predictably, overreacting to this, demanding airport-like security at bus stations. Really? Because guys with massive knives are making buses unsafe? It was a freakish and gruesome incident, possibly/probably(?) by a schizophrenic. Isn't one of the reasons people hate flying is the hassles at the airport? And we want to expand that based on a freak occurrence?
You say this now... but what will you be saying when bus beheadings are a youth fad?
I'm open-minded enough to change my mind if this becomes a trend. To be safe, maybe we need to incarcerate anyone associated with McDonalds.
Execute all McDonalds employees.

They're hoarding the McRib anyway.
Start with the board of directors and franchise owners and see what that does. Then go down the food chain.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:Things take a turn for the Lecterian.
An unfortunate quote from the above article:
The RCMP described the tapes as "operational police communications and, as such, are not meant for public consumption."

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

You would expect well-chosen words from these guys?

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

On my way to the Rancid show on Sunday, I came across this. Greyhound's gonna have to rethink their ad campaign...
DSC00367.JPG

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:On my way to the Rancid show on Sunday, I came across this. Greyhound's gonna have to rethink their ad campaign...
DSC00367.JPG
Oops. (Then again, the killer was said to be robotic in his work, not full of rage.)

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
threecoffins wrote:On my way to the Rancid show on Sunday, I came across this. Greyhound's gonna have to rethink their ad campaign...
DSC00367.JPG
Oops. (Then again, the killer was said to be robotic in his work, not full of rage.)
Either way, it's hardly flattering to the brand.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
DSC00367.JPG
Shades of the last episode of Mad Men, too, where an airplane crash forces the cancelation of an ad campaign.

threecoffins
Sasquatch Determinator

Post by threecoffins »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
threecoffins wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
DSC00367.JPG
Shades of the last episode of Mad Men, too, where an airplane crash forces the cancelation of an ad campaign.
Don't tell me! I haven't started on MM yet. :angry:

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

threecoffins wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
threecoffins wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
DSC00367.JPG
Don't tell me! I haven't started on MM yet. :angry:
Sorry. Tho it's not a major spoiler—it's the kind of revelation that'll show up in the guide description for an episode.