What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 8:22pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 8:12pm
Chicken gumbo, albeit from a can. On days when I don't exercise, I eat especially light.
Are you eating it over the sink?
:lol: :disshame: My diet is, I admit, pretty lousy.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 8:24pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
Chicken gumbo, albeit from a can. On days when I don't exercise, I eat especially light.
It comes in a can?

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 9:13pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It comes in a can?
Most of my soups are out of a can. I am Heston without many of the baffling musical tastes.
"I never doubted myself for a minute for I knew that my monkey-strong bowels were girded with strength, like the loins of a dragon ribboned with fat and the opulence of buffalo dung." - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 9:18pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
It comes in a can?
Most of my soups are out of a can. I am Heston without many of the baffling musical tastes.
I'll use beans from a can and crushed or diced tomatoes but that's a part of making something better. I make a pretty good minestrone soup

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 9:29pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

It comes in a can?
I'll use beans from a can and crushed or diced tomatoes but that's a part of making something better. I make a pretty good minestrone soup
My problem is that food doesn't overly elate(?) me. I can tell good from crappy and enjoy the former, but not enough that I'll eschew the latter. When I have good food, it's almost always because the Boss made it. Left to my own devices, I go with something easy and quick because the decline in quality and nutrition isn't enough to alter my path. Which isn't to say I go for high cal, high fat kind of stuff, like fast food. I rarely eat fast food. I am conscious of that and always go lite, but generally food doesn't thrill me enough that I need to go for quality. I wish I appreciated food the way other people do, but it just doesn't provide that zing the way it seems to for others.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 9:38pm
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It comes in a can?
My problem is that food doesn't overly elate(?) me. I can tell good from crappy and enjoy the former, but not enough that I'll eschew the latter. When I have good food, it's almost always because the Boss made it. Left to my own devices, I go with something easy and quick because the decline in quality and nutrition isn't enough to alter my path. Which isn't to say I go for high cal, high fat kind of stuff, like fast food. I rarely eat fast food. I am conscious of that and always go lite, but generally food doesn't thrill me enough that I need to go for quality. I wish I appreciated food the way other people do, but it just doesn't provide that zing the way it seems to for others.
You seemed so normal when we met.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 9:49pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

It comes in a can?
I can kinda sorta fake being not weird.

BostonBeaneater

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 10:05pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

You should try the frozen White Castle burgers. They rule.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 10:24pm
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:

Looks yuck. As crappy as my diet is, I'm off fast food entirely. Unless I make them at home, when it's pretty basic, the only time I have a burger when going out is at a gourmet burger place. Maybe that's a contradiction, but the calorie count at fast food places makes them verboten.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Those White Castle things look awful
I know you have a better palette than that Beaner.

BostonBeaneater

revbob wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 11:32pm
Those White Castle things look awful
I know you have a better palette than that Beaner.
I love me some Castle burgers. I went to the on on 8th Ave and 35th St. more than I care to admit. We don’t have them in Boston so I keep some of the frozen ones in the back of the freezer for quiet moments in the dark of night.

Side note: I hate gourmet burgers. There’s always way too much meat and they’re always on some rediculous asshole bread. If I can pick it up, take a bite, and put it down without needing to wash my hands then it’s ok with me.

101Walterton
The Best

Post by 101Walterton »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
30 Nov 2018, 10:32pm
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

Looks yuck. As crappy as my diet is, I'm off fast food entirely. Unless I make them at home, when it's pretty basic, the only time I have a burger when going out is at a gourmet burger place. Maybe that's a contradiction, but the calorie count at fast food places makes them verboten.
Nothing wrong with a good healthy burger. It contains every food group you need. It is crap mince, crap cheese and sugar fuelled bread and sauces that make fast food burgers so bad.

Marky Dread
Messiah of the Milk Bar

Post by Marky Dread »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 1:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Nothing wrong with a good healthy burger. It contains every food group you need. It is crap mince, crap cheese and sugar fuelled bread and sauces that make fast food burgers taste so great.

Forces have been looting
My humanity
Curfews have been curbing
The end of liberty

We're the flowers in the dustbin...
No fuchsias for you.

"Without the common people you're nothing"

Nos Sumus Una Familia

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

101Walterton wrote:
01 Dec 2018, 1:48am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:
BostonBeaneater wrote:

Nothing wrong with a good healthy burger. It contains every food group you need. It is crap mince, crap cheese and sugar fuelled bread and sauces that make fast food burgers so bad.
Preach on 101!

I avoid the fast food burgers altogether. As for other eateries just make a decent burger, don't overcook it nor put sauces all over it. Give people a choice of condiments to put on at the table.

I saw what you did Marky. And I completely disagree I don't think they taste good at all. The only thing they have going for them is "convenience/quickness".