What Are you Eating Right Now?

Sweet action for kids 'n' cretins. Marjoram and capers.
matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Re: What Are you Eating Right Now?

Post by matedog »

Oh, also I had leftovers from the meal and ate them for lunch yesterday. No stomach issues. :cool:
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

matedog wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 2:15pm
Oh, also I had leftovers from the meal and ate them for lunch yesterday. No stomach issues. :cool:
THAT'S the update we wanted :cool: :cool:
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

matedog wrote:
It will all come out during the race.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 3:50pm
matedog wrote:
*touches earpiece* I am told that we have a shot from our futurecam.
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

matedog
Purveyor of Hoyistic Thought

Post by matedog »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 4:02pm
revbob wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 3:50pm
matedog wrote:
*touches earpiece* I am told that we have a shot from our futurecam.
Legend.
Look, you have to establish context for these things. And I maintain that unless you appreciate the Fall of Constantinople, the Great Fire of London, and Mickey Mantle's fatalist alcoholism, live Freddy makes no sense. If you want to half-ass it, fine, go call Simon Schama to do the appendix.

Mimi
Goddess of the Underworld

Post by Mimi »

matedog wrote:
01 Mar 2024, 12:37pm
Weird story - two people hopped a fence, smashed a window and entered the home at around 6:05. I left for work that day right at that time, so based on security footage from neighbors, they hopped the fence, I left, then they smashed the window. Owners barricaded themselves in their bedroom and fired warning shots. Intruders took some purses(?) and left. Cops showed up pretty quickly, but weren't sure if anyone was still in there so there was a standoff of sorts. Neighbor took this photo, notice cop has gun in hand. House in question on the left, my house is just out of frame on the right.

Really weird situation. Apparently their cameras and wifi were cut the night before. My theory about the timing and execution is that it wasn't random. We know very little about the family that lives there, so they might be involved in some shit.
Scary shit. Stay safe.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

This man is insane. Like, literally insane.
Gorske recounted how his love affair with Big Macs began as soon as he had his first one on 17 May 1972. “In that moment, I said: ‘I’m going to probably eat these for the rest of my life,’” Gorske remarked to Guinness. “I threw the cartons in the back seat and started counting them from day one.”

He is not exaggerating. He has kept a receipt of every single Big Mac he’s eaten every day since that first one, and he’s retained each of the burgers’ containers.
Gorske would drive to McDonald’s every day, order up to nine Big Macs and eat each of them at the height of his devotion. The one closest to his home displays his portrait on one of its walls, and he said he even proposed to his wife, Mary, in that restaurant’s parking lot.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... don-gorske
"Ain't no party like an S Club party!'" - Richard Nixon, Checkers Speech, abandoned early draft

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 7:40am
Gorske recounted how his love affair with Big Macs began as soon as he had his first one on 17 May 1972. “In that moment, I said: ‘I’m going to probably eat these for the rest of my life,’” Gorske remarked to Guinness. “I threw the cartons in the back seat and started counting them from day one.”

He is not exaggerating. He has kept a receipt of every single Big Mac he’s eaten every day since that first one, and he’s retained each of the burgers’ containers.
Gorske would drive to McDonald’s every day, order up to nine Big Macs and eat each of them at the height of his devotion. The one closest to his home displays his portrait on one of its walls, and he said he even proposed to his wife, Mary, in that restaurant’s parking lot.
There was a guy like this in Super Size Me. Looked it up, it was this guy.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Gor ... 0Gorske%20(born%201953%20or,the%20Guinness%20Book%20of%20Records.

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 9:18am
Dr. Medulla wrote:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Gor ... 0Gorske%20(born%201953%20or,the%20Guinness%20Book%20of%20Records.
It's been so long since I've watched it. I was already pretty much off fast food places by then, but it confirmed it. However, a friend of mine found it made him want to eat McDonalds after seeing it.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 9:31am
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It's been so long since I've watched it. I was already pretty much off fast food places by then, but it confirmed it. However, a friend of mine found it made him want to eat McDonalds after seeing it.
I spent almost 2 months on the road like 30 years ago and out of convenience etc I was getting fast food like once daily. That pretty much turned me off it for good. I have cheated a few times usually when traveling and usually just some breakfast junk.

Flex
Mechano-Man of the Future

Post by Flex »

Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

It definitely got me to reduce my fast food intake. Id been thinking of revisiting it, but I listed to a Maintenance Phase episode that did a pretty good takedown of it and decided it's probably best left in the past: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/s ... 0551145721
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a bowl of soup
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a rolling hoop
Wiggle, wiggle, wiggle like a ton of lead
Wiggle - you can raise the dead

Pex Lives!

Dr. Medulla
Atheistic Epileptic

Post by Dr. Medulla »

revbob wrote:
02 Mar 2024, 11:02am
Dr. Medulla wrote:
revbob wrote:
Dr. Medulla wrote:

I spent almost 2 months on the road like 30 years ago and out of convenience etc I was getting fast food like once daily. That pretty much turned me off it for good. I have cheated a few times usually when traveling and usually just some breakfast junk.
I like Quiznos and A & W once they offered fake meat, but otherwise no appeal. Which is kinda weird given that my diet is crappy.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater
Autonomous Insect Cyborg Sentinel

Post by BostonBeaneater »

Was the chicken suspended in a sauce or marinade? If so, I'd have eaten it too.

revbob
Unknown Immortal

Post by revbob »

BostonBeaneater wrote:
04 Mar 2024, 1:10pm
Was the chicken suspended in a sauce or marinade? If so, I'd have eaten it too.
Hmm you certainly come across as sensible in person.